DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

We brought attack choppers to bear to cover Herby as he claimed his Special Crate.  Better a Crew Victory than no victory at all 

Everytime I go for a Special Crate, the entire session population goes apeshit.  I've been a bridesmaid twice, but have yet to get my LSB shirt.

I don't think I've ever stumbled across one in a fit of happenstance like some here have.

The only special crate I've ever managed to get was the one that spawned in an invite only room a while back (I was in a public when I got a warning like crate drop in 10 hours or some such, got kicked out, and when I joined an invite only room got a message that the crate drop had happened.)

Every special crate drop in a public that I've ever seen has caused a mad rush for the thing.  I came very close to getting that one Friday night that resulted in the 5 hour long firefight.

• Like 1

I was in a free mode session when Melraz joined the room and spawned right in the middle of the Special Crate drop zone marker. 

I had no chance of getting to the crate myself so I was content to shoot down the player helkcopters circling the area with my Buzzard.

• Like 1

Crates only seem to drop in sessions where there is more than five or six players, whether it be free mode, invite only, or closed crew / friend.

They used to fall like rain in private sessions prior to the 1.08 patch even when you were by yourself.

Only one time I have ever even been in a room with a crate drop was the Crew only session where it dropped right in front of Dolfan

As I recall, my reaction was something like:

Mine.gif

Oh, I signed in Saturday morning to screw around a little, bought a new Panto, and basically ran out of money. So, I decided to see who else was around, well, I see around 3 red dots nearby.  I drive over, and after one fires at me, I sticky bombed him dead.  His friends decide to take shots, so they died next.  Ended up 1 on 3, and I was at something like 15-4 before they all ran away. 

Practice with melraz, Robert, stout, mis, and the rest of you sociopaths has served me well. 

• Like 4

Finished dinner and quickly completed The Ballad of Rocco.

RIP Rocco Pelosi, you asshole.  Luis shoulda got the honor of punking you out.

Threw the best Sticky Bomb pitch from a moving vehicle that I will ever heave to get that mother fucker.

I skipped the trip back to Solomon's office to meet the Mission Time criteria for Gold, but replayed the mission later to see the end cut scene..

Associate Producer Michael De Santa has a nice ring to it.

• Like 1

I only played for around an hour since i had to load up my ipad for work tomorrow.lots of sitting = reading material needed.

I did, in one fell swoop, get an award for blowing 5 choppers in one mission. But annoyed about dying maybe 15-20 seconds before dan finished the mission.

Also had the game freeze right when i pulled my simeon car into the mod shop.

It turns out I've got the beer hats, too. I dunno how, but I've got them.

I don't really care for the cat in the 'Murica hat, I want him in a stylish Lincoln-esque black number, but I'm not sure where to find one. I've seen them in outfits, but I can't find them by just looking under "hats." 

Trying to do the hat glitch was the first time I've been in my stylish, fancy apartment in weeks. At least there's no NPCs squatting there, that I know of.

In more glitch news, both Mis and I scored kills on other players with the Combat MG in free mode and are now the proud owners of the Rockstar shirts you supposedly get for creating a job that gets verified. 

I started a Crew session and checked the Special section at one of the clothing stores after I saw the unlock prompt and there it was for $1250.  Mis says he didn't have to pay for his, but I think that is because he may have used the Job creator.

Weird.  Now if only I could find a glitch that gets me a Devil Girl tattoo.

I passed out on the sofa after watching 24. I didn't get much sleep over the weekend.

• Like 1

I have a Beer Hat in my Inventory, but I have no idea how it got there. I have a Rockstar T Shirt as well, and no idea how I got that either.

Did you know you can now put Sticky Bombs on people's backs? You can. They bounce of people's chests, but stick on thier backs. It's very useful. A guy in a Tank was moving in on us, so I put a bunch of Sticky's on Havoc's back, then Havoc went on passive and moved up towards the Tank as it was coming around the corner. The guy in the Tank naturally tries to run over the guy on passive. Havoc says "Now!" and I blow the stickies, and the Tank (and it's driver) goes boom. And Havoc fell about laughing and said we need to do that again.

He ended up calling three tanks in a row, and by the time he was running away in the third one, his dot was still white.

• Like 4

I have a Beer Hat in my Inventory, but I have no idea how it got there. I have a Rockstar T Shirt as well, and no idea how I got that either.

We just shot guys in the street to get our Rockstar shirts.  Not sure if any particular weapon gets it done, but mine didn't unlock until I scored a kill with the Combat MG.

I had over 800 Combat MG Kills before I noticed I had it. I never used to read that stuff in the bottom left corner.

Checked my Awards / Rewards on my Social Club profile.  I've got no credit towards medals for using the Creator but my rewards say I've earned the Rockstar shirt for having a verified job.  Even though I unlocked the shirt by killing some asshole in the street.

Database is once again FUBAR.

I wonder what the percentage is on created things getting verified.

Still need to try out my new DMs. Everyone started to bolt before we could.

I did find a new gang attack out in the country.

Checked my Awards / Rewards on my Social Club profile.  I've got no credit towards medals for using the Creator but my rewards say I've earned the Rockstar shirt for having a verified job.  Even though I unlocked the shirt by killing some asshole in the street.

Database is once again FUBAR.

Yeah, I checked and it looks like I got the same thing.  I've only ever created one job, which was a race.  I'm the only person that's played it, and I gave it the Big Fresh thumbs down.

• Like 2

Did you know you can now put Sticky Bombs on people's backs? You can. They bounce of people's chests, but stick on thier backs. It's very useful. A guy in a Tank was moving in on us, so I put a bunch of Sticky's on Havoc's back, then Havoc went on passive and moved up towards the Tank as it was coming around the corner. The guy in the Tank naturally tries to run over the guy on passive. Havoc says "Now!" and I blow the stickies, and the Tank (and it's driver) goes boom. And Havoc fell about laughing and said we need to do that again.

This is very worthy of further study. This could be a game-changer that spells the end of tanks as any kind of threat. Assholes in tanks CANNOT resist trying to run over people in passive. They just can't. Allah akbar may have just got taken to a new level.

Crap, I didn't read  AxB's post closely enough, and didn't even think about putting the bomber in passive.  I'm hoping to see some tanks next time we're in freemode.  We've gotta try that out.

AxB deserves the GTA equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize for devising a fun and effective way to neuter tanks.

• Like 1