DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Neil, the Lost start showing up now at that crossroads where you have to make a right turn - you actually have to drive the truck for a ways before the Lost guys start hassling you. The first times I played it, they drove right up to where the mission starts and it's easier to deal with them - more cover, they come from one direction. Now they come from three directions.

I think they adjust the missions as time goes by - I think that in Los Santos Connection, there's now some coke in a vehicle on the ground level of the hangar that you can blow up with a buzzard and end the mission. You have to get it before it gives you the "blow up the vehicles" command. I figured all the coke was upstairs, so bombs away. And we had a Buzzard, but the bastards kept shooting us out of it. We really needed two. That portion of that mission where you're hacking into the laptop and those cars keep coming is one of my least favorite parts of any mission.

At one point before someone found a glitch and they fixed it, you only technically had to kill a few select guys in the garage in Rooftop Rumble and one would drop the briefcase. One of the computer guys would also take off in a car occasionally and you'd have to chase him down. Now you have to kill everyone in the building - the last guy is holding the briefcase - and they never take off in a car now.

Inspired by this thread, my top 10 list of radio songs:

1) "Radio Ga-Ga" - Queen - Los Santos Rock Radio

2) "Ambitionz az a Ridah" - 2Pac - West Coast Classics

3) "Hollywood Nights" - Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band - Los Santos Rock Radio

4) "Cocaine" - FIDLAR - Vinewood Boulevard Radio

5) "Whiskey River" - Willie Nelson - Rebel Radio

6) "Adult Education" - Hall and Oates - Non-Stop Pop

7) "The Breakup Song (They Don't Write 'Em)" - Greg Kihn Band - Los Santos Rock Radio

8) "C-Walk" - Kurupt - West Coast Classics

9) "My War" - Black Flag - Channel X

10) "Chapter Three" - Joe Gibbs & The Professionals - Blue Ark

Damn, that's a tough list to make.  This is in no particular order

Yeah I think mine would be 

"Scandalous" - Mis-Teeq

"Radio Ga-Ga" - Queen

"Lonely Is The Night" - Billy Squier

"California Soul" - Marlena Shaw

"Hollywood Nights" - Bob Seeger

"Gin and Juice" - Snoop Dogg

"Dirty White Boy" - Foreinger

"It Won't Be Long (And I'll Be Hating You)" - Johnny Paycheck

"Mind Playing Tricks On Me" - Geto Boys

"General Lee" - Johnny Cash

And that is the stuff off the top of my head. If I am being honest - I never switch off the Pop Station when an actual song is on.

And there is something great about listening to Convoy when doing an off-road race

I fucked up satellite communications when I got too greedy and went for extra kills by running over two assholes on a a bike and instead hit the guardrail, jack-knifing the truck and flipping over the trailer.  RUkered saw me in action do basically the same thing at the end of the mission, on the goddamn yellow beacon...

As far as the grenade launcher goes...man it's just a lot funnier watching someone else do it.  3 hours earlier I was playing rooftop with..hell RUkered and went around back and threw a grenade in like I normally do and it bounced off the wAll in front of me, blowing me and my entity up.  Shit happens, but it's funnier when it happens to someone else

Hell I screwed us twice in a row on different missions.

After you tossed that grenade into the parking garage on Rooftop Rumble, I was like "Oh, we're blowing these guys up with grenades...*tosses one in*...blew up the package - mission failure."

Sorry for disappearing randomly. My xbox froze up and it was high time for me to get some shut-eye anyway, so I called it a night.

• Like 1

Robert, I was just thinking how much you needed more tattoos, and it's a bummer that you can't find room to put more on.

I didn't recognize Chris at first until I checked his friends list and saw a crew's who and figured he must be family.

Unfortunately, online friend requests apparently don't come with the option of sending a message with the request, so I just went through the online gaming thread we have here, added everyone who I remember playing with and hoped y'all would figure out it's me. 

I was actually wondering who that was rippa good deal. Look me up Chris if ya want to man melraz09 is my gammertag

Thanks dude, I just added you.

• Like 1

"This Mystic Decade" - The Hot Snakes

"Appetite 4 Destruction" - NWA

"Feel The Same" - Battle Tapes

"Mind Is Playing Tricks On Me" - Geto Boys

"Bassheads" - Gangrene

"Nissim" - The Gaslamp Killer

"100hm"  Hudson Mohawke

"Black Grease"  The Black Angels

"Cisco Kid" - War

"The Next Episode" Dr. Dre with Snoop & Nate Dogg

Honorable mention goes to Dollaz & Sense by DJ Qwik and California Girls by Shark?  I only listen to East Los FM if El Tatuado by Don Cheto or Criminal Sounds by Nina Dioz is on.  I do not like the track listing on Blue Ark as much as I did Tuff Gong or Ramjam on GTA4.

In no particular order, other than #1 is miles ahead of the rest.

"Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way"  - Waylon Jennings

"I Ain't Living Long Like This"  - Waylon Jennings

"You Know How We Do It" - Ice Cube

"Gangsta Gangsta" - NWA

"Mind Playing Tricks On Me"  - Geto Boys

"The Next Episode" - Dr. Dre/Snoop Dogg/Nate Dogg

"Radio Ga Ga"  - Queen

"Bored of You" -  Agent Orange

"Night Moves"  - Bob Seger

"We Never Fear Dem" - Vybz Kartel

Other notes

Yes, I'm old.  Obviously

If I made a list of my 20 favorite songs overall, "Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way" would probably be on it.  Most days that's my favorite Waylon Song, and that's a high bar.

"Whiskey River" would've been #2, but I just don't like the version they put on the soundtrack.  It doesn't have the energy that the standard radio play version does.  I've seen him play that song live a crapload of times, and even now with his voice clearly giving way it sounds better than the GTAV soundtrack version

• Like 2

I can't agree enough with Zimbra - "El Rey Y Yo" was just an awesome discovery. I used to listen to a LOT of East Los FM - I mean, I'm from freakin' the sticks of Tennessee, I've heard Waylon Jennings (who I adore) and Bob Seger (who I could go the rest of my life without ever listening to again), but I've never heard anything like "El Rey Y Yo." Same for "Fresco," "Se Me Perdio La Cadenita" and "El Tatuado" (a great Latin spin on rap).

I also dig "The Mouth Don't Stop" by Fear; I love (and had somehow never heard) "Ogden's Nut Gone Flake" by the Small Faces. I like "The Breakup Song" and "Baker Street," but the rest of that classic rock radio station can bite me. In this area, classic rock is king, and I've heard all those songs about 50000000 times. Who chooses to listen to ANYTHING by Billy Squier?

Have you seen these lists of songs coded into the game but not included in the final version? I hope some of them get added, I might actually listen to the radio station again. "Cissy Strut" by the Meters? Please! "Subterranean Homesick Blues" by Dylan? Sure! "Just Dropped In (to See What Condition My Condition Was in)" by Kenny Rogers & the First Edition? Ab-so-lutely!

On the one hand, I respect Channel X for having the balls not to include more scene mainstays like Bad Religion, Social Distortion, etc. On the other hand, I'd really like to hear some songs from Bad Religion and Social D. Really, "Los Angeles is Burning" NEEDS to be on this game.

Last night was weird in that I don't think we did anything that made me say "I can't wait to play that map again"

Heck - we all handed out the Fresh "Big Thumbs Down" more than I think we have in any session before.

The train track one was an interesting idea but fucking 10 minutes to see the train once... bah

The bridge race might be the dumbest thing we have ever down and that fucker was Rockstar Verified. Does this mean I can do a race that is one block long and get verified?

And deathmatches at the beach can go screw

I actually was going to start the night with your deathmatch at the golf course since we had a large group but I realized that I hadn't added it to my game so I couldn't fire it up.

Hey - I feel ya

I mean I am the one whose first words were along the lines of "I am blowing off RAW. I need to murder things"

Yeah, trying to buy a townhouse with my girlfriend and peddle my skills to potential employers in the DC - Maryland area has me trippin'.  Online murder and talking with you crazy assholes provides catharsis.

I love the beach in real life.  Why does it hate me in online deathmatches?

And Holy Shit that fucking race on the train tracks.  If stuff like that can make the list, how has Mark's golf course deathmatch gone unverified for so long?

Last night was weird in that I don't think we did anything that made me say "I can't wait to play that map again"

Even the deathmatches I did really well in last night weren't on maps that were terribly memorable like Supply or Terminal.

I love the Dragon & Dagger tattoo, but the Revenge Kill medal can kiss my ass. Revenge Kills are not a cause for celebration because that means that someone dropped me three times before I got them even once.

Maybe if we played the golf course map every day, it could start getting attention to get verified.

I am up for that even though I am like 0-4 in legit matches on the golf course.. 

Dan beat me by one kill the last time we played on your map and I was on a 14-6 run.  Fuck.

As per the discussion last night.  Here is my Standing Kill Order criteria aka players I will shoot on sight if I run into them in free mode.

- Players with the crew tag, YOLO.

- Players with the crew tag, KUSH.

- Players with the crew tag, RAPE. (Why doesn't R* ban some words from being tags?)

- Players with a gamer tag containing DatBoy or Boi.

- Players with a gamer tag containing the word "sniper." (I love killing these guys with my sniper rifle.)

- Players with racial or gender slurs in their crew tag or gamertag.

- Players with a gamer tag containing "pwn" or "pwnage"

- Players with a gamer tag containing the word "lil" but only if it is is a guy (ex. LilNate0002)

As you can see, contrary to popular belief I do not KOS Juggalos or Juggalettes. 

Players with the word "taco" in their gamer tag used to be on the list until I played golf with this girl with the tag "Twerk 4 Tacoz."

• Like 2

I dont know either

That is like how I hate anyone in ME with gamertags that include any version of killer or assassin - since 99% of the time they suck

And Juggalos are KOS for me. Fuck it's shot, back over with a car, shoot a couple more times. sticky bomb