DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Yeah, I bought a jet during the good old days, but why bother buying one when the places where they spawn usually have planes already there and waiting to steal? That's why I'd be kinda on the fence about spending hard-earned money on a Buzzard. They're good to use in missions, but if you really want one in Freemode, they shouldn't be that hard to find. Tip: Go to the airport. If no Buzzard there, head toward another part of the airport, getting out of eyeshot of the helicopter pads. When you come back, it should be a different helicopter. Keep doing this until it spawns a Buzzard. Fly off and kill people.

Herby's brother is now a crew member. xKnechtix is his gamer tag, but I wouldn't ever expect to see him without Herby in close proximity.

I just got done missioning with randoms (only played Rooftop once, maybe) and God, it was sad. It seems the lower the level of mission and people I was playing with, the crappier I did. I got killed doing one mission I should be able to slaughter in my sleep 'cause I screwed up at the end. Then some Level 24 guy and I were trying to do Coveted and he was actually expecting me to fly the Cargobob. Not smart, kid. That was an abomination. I'm never doing that mission with a random again without sending a text right off the bat that says "u fly cargobob."

That railroad track race was nerve-wracking because me and someone else kept swapping slipstreams and it was hard as shit to not accidentally wreck them.

Then I managed to pull a decent lead until I was wedged in on a bridge and yelled OH SHIT TRAAAAAAIN. Then I respawned to damn near the entire party yelling OH SHIT TRAAAAIN.

• Like 3

That railroad track race was nerve-wracking because me and someone else kept swapping slipstreams and it was hard as shit to not accidentally wreck them.

Then I managed to pull a decent lead until I was wedged in on a bridge and yelled OH SHIT TRAAAAAAIN. Then I respawned to damn near the entire party yelling OH SHIT TRAAAAIN.

There was a definite advantage to being in the back pack on that train track race.  I hear "OH SHIT TRAIN!" in just enough time to plan an escape route and the next time I look I'd gone from last to 2nd place.

My problem wasn't getting hit by the train.  My problem was successfully avoiding the train only to wipe out on the rocks or safely land on the freeway and be totally off course.  By the time I respawned, I'd lose at least two positions.  Battling back to get a sixth place finish felt like coming in first after that bullshit..

I wish I'd been able to see the wonky game physics in play when i hit those rocks head on and flipped forwards over the handlebars of my Bati.

That was the amusing thing - I am riding along in like 6th and all of a sudden

"Robert died"

"RUkered died"

"JT died"

"Mark died"

"CSC died"

It would be much more entertaining if the train came along more times. It showed up a 2nd time right as I was crossing the finish line.

I think that was me, when we were in 2nd/3rd.

I was telling a gta player at work about it, watching the notices about people dying pop up and then fetting the great train robbery flashback and dying myself.

I lucked out wjhen i respawned since i recognized us as being at the butte where trevor has to jump his bike onto the train in story mode.

The VIP is almost here at the office so I am bailing out.  I should be home by 3PMish and will be down for whatever with whomever is on.  I still have like 34 more player kills to go before my beloved Seven Deadly Sins tattoo.

Saying that will jinx any performances in any deathmatches I am in today.

Should be on around 7.  Ready to blow up stuff.  Andrew should be on too.  

His objective is to make everyone laugh with his new outfit.   My objective is to change out of the white santeria suit so I don't get shot 14000 times. 

So, good night with the Titans, good night with the randoms late night (including a streak of several missions with one dude who was pretty easy to work with). I did get "network error"ed out of Rooftop Rumble once and spawned back into the game in this little predicament: http://rsg.ms/RKIqAG

I got out of that little pickle simply by firing a weapon - it brought me outside the car.

Despite extremely shitty deathmatch performances, I got my 1000th player kill and got myself inked with the coveted Seven Deadly Sins tattoo.  It was bittersweet because my beloved K/D ratio took a real beating.  I am barely above 1.41. 

I need to hang with the Night Shift Death Squad and pad my stats and the fates need to be kind to me and my girlfriend as far as this townhouse purchase goes so I can be less stressed.  I miss the phone calls from my girlfriend in the middle of heated video game firefights being about what is on Wendy Williams or Real Housewives of Atlanta. 

All of the bullshit about lenders and credit scores is really wigging her out and it causes me no end of concern for her and I want my woman to be happy.

I was disappointed to see that you cannot wear the Blackjack tattoo (25 armored car robberies) and the Seven Deadly Sins tattoo at the same time.

Since i dont regularly use the shotgun, doing shotgun deathmatvhes is a recipe for failure.

I was def dragged to victory repeatedly in DM last night.

At least i got one race win.

With 9 people last night, i wish we eould have had time to do the dirt track race.

I had one or two flashes of awesomness with the GTA race win and the victory killshot on Dolfan, but my head really wasn't in the game last night.  I wasn't contributing to body counts like I have in the past and it felt like my usually sharp murderin' skills totally abandoned me. 

The only map I really did well on was one that I traditionally do horribly on aka the deserted motel in Sandy Shores.  I think I went 10-6.

I think I will knock out one or two story missions and try to do the nuclear waste collection before ME3 Night.

God did I hand out a lot of Fresh Thumbs Down of Suck last night

I think we probably should create a playlist for at least one of the Tuesday nights.

Because it is too much of a hassle to get all of use to go back into freemode just to launch another specific thing we want to do.

Of course - we are limited to things that can handle at least 10.

• Like 1

I think I will knock out one or two story missions and try to do the nuclear waste collection before ME3 Night.

With all the nonsense in my life - I am all for slaughtering Collectors.

Of course - we saw yesterday how much of a chore even that can be at times

I think we probably should create a playlist for at least one of the Tuesday nights.

Because it is too much of a hassle to get all of use to go back into freemode just to launch another specific thing we want to do.

We're getting to the point where we can field nine or ten guys at a time some nights.  Maybe we should start breaking up into units and let some people run missions while others race or deathmatch and then get back together for some stuff we can all do together.

I still want to clear Docks to Stocks 1 and 2.

With all the nonsense in my life - I am all for slaughtering Collectors.

Of course - we saw yesterday how much of a chore even that can be at times

The nonsense in my life is reaching critical levels of tolerance.  Turning Cerberus Troopers craniums into red mist will bring me the happiness I seek.

Despite extremely shitty deathmatch performances, I got my 1000th player kill and got myself inked with the coveted Seven Deadly Sins tattoo.  It was bittersweet because my beloved K/D ratio took a real beating.  I am barely above 1.41. 

I need to hang with the Night Shift Death Squad and pad my stats and the fates need to be kind to me and my girlfriend as far as this townhouse purchase goes so I can be less stressed.  I miss the phone calls from my girlfriend in the middle of heated video game firefights being about what is on Wendy Williams or Real Housewives of Atlanta. 

All of the bullshit about lenders and credit scores is really wigging her out and it causes me no end of concern for her and I want my woman to be happy.

I was disappointed to see that you cannot wear the Blackjack tattoo (25 armored car robberies) and the Seven Deadly Sins tattoo at the same time.

Are you sure you can't wear the blackjack and 7 deadly sins at the same time?  I can't check now, but I could swear I'm wearing both.  I think they go on opposite sides of the chest.

I think you still have the best K/D ratio of anybody other than melraz.  His is just ridiculous.

Yep, you can't wear both but it may be a bug for male characters. 

The preview for the Blackjack tattoo on the upper right side of your torso does not show any reward tattoos you can get for the left side.  Getting the Blackjack tattoo on the right side erases the SDS from your left.  You can only get the standard and level unlocked tattoos done with the Blackjack or Seven Deadly Sins ink.

I am not aggressive enough to consistantly win deathmatches, but I usually end up at 1.0 or better.  Last night was a horribly off night for me.  I just couldn't get into a rhythm.

No, that would be another distraction and I am sure my girlfriend would kill me.  I need peace and calm.  There were no phone calls or people knocking at my door on Tuesday night when I went 12 - 3 in that team deathmatch at the skate park.

It would probably help if I also invested in another controller.  I think the contacts in the thumbsticks on the one I have are slowly wearing away.

I was happy to see that you only have to get one Gold medal in each activity to unlock the Multi Disciplined achievement.  I thought I had to get all Gold medals in all Flight School classes, but I only one.  I already had Gold medals in some of the shooting challenges and i placed first in all of Franklins Midnight Club street races that I've done so far (still need to beat the motorcycle race).

All I needed to do was win a sea race (I have three beach / flip flops outfits for Michael for boating and jet skiing) and win an off-road race (using Franklin was a given). 

We're getting to the point where we can field nine or ten guys at a time some nights.  Maybe we should start breaking up into units and let some people run missions while others race or deathmatch and then get back together for some stuff we can all do together.

I still want to clear Docks to Stocks 1 and 2.

Eh, I dig keeping the group together for deathmatches and races. There'll be times when the group is smaller - maybe toward the later part of the night - and then we can do more missions. Or, catch some of us on whenever and bully us into doing missions. I'm always down for whatever, and Robert's a generally agreeable fellow, also. He should be able to take time from his busy deathmatch schedule.

God, you people freakin love' this kill/death ratio. If I worried one whit about it, I'd be screwed. It's like you're free agent pitchers in baseball, worried about your ERA in a contract year. 

Edit: I know y'all did it real recently, so I didn't ask, but one of these days I wanna do that train track race y'all were talking about. 

I think there are certain ones of us... who might have a more career based around the military.... who are more concerned with K/D than the rest of us  :D

I don't mind doing the train again - especially if we do it in cars. Since 10 fucking minutes on slow ass bikes...

Of course - I have no idea how you are supposed to dodge the train in anything other than a bike.

I wish I had spotted that The Shed was an option last night because a giant group doing that would have been fun... especially when all but 2 of us would have face planted in the first 5 seconds.

Eh, I dig keeping the group together for deathmatches and races. There'll be times when the group is smaller - maybe toward the later part of the night - and then we can do more missions. Or, catch some of us on whenever and bully us into doing missions. I'm always down for whatever, and Robert's a generally agreeable fellow, also. He should be able to take time from his busy deathmatch schedule.

I love you like a brother, man.  You keep forgetting that I am an old fart that usually craps out around 9:30 or 10:00 PM because he has to be at work at seven in the morning.

I think there are certain ones of us... who might have a more career based around the military.... who are more concerned with K/D than the rest of us  :D

Nearly every Soldier or civillian guy at my office that games usually plays shooters or sandbox games and their K/D number is their single point of pride.   I think this is indeed a military related thing.

My attitude hasn't changed since my Halo days.  My Halo 4 K/D was 2.15.  Every now and again I will fire up Halo Waypoint just to smile at it.