DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

You guys love that damn kill/death ratio. If I paid attention to mine, I would've quit playing a long time ago.

And Mis, do you yell at movies the way you do GTA? "WHAT THE FUCK, MAN, WHAT ARE YOU DOING THAT FOR, YOU'RE GONNA GET KILLED!"

Just remember this:

God, grant me the serenity to accept the cops who kill me in Freemode,

The courage to blow up the players I can,

And the wisdom to know when some goof kills me by pure luck.

Oh, and Mis, I have considered meth, after all, I live in East Tennessee. Plus it'd be a fun science project to try to "roll my own," as it were. I wanna be the next Walter White, though, and I sucked at chemistry.

• Like 1

Shewt yeah just need to go to Hawkins county. I can tell you was no good at kemistree you don't even know how to spell it. Of course I know I woulda sucked at it so I didn't even take it. My wife has a degree in it though she might would be our cook.

• Like 1

As for you guys talking a couple pages back about escaping your wanted level when you steal a Cargobob from the fort:

I have tried to climb to the top of the map to hide with zero success. I have no idea if it works or not, but when I was sitting in one spot so I climb quicker, as opposed to moving while climbing, I always got caught by another chopper. I'd like to test it again.

And as for calling Lester, I don't know if he's ever removed a wanted level for me while doing a mission. Freemode = yes, but every time I call in a mission it's "no" or "uh uh."

He may just hate me specifically because I've called that fat piece of shit a fat piece of shit many times.

And like melraz mentioned, you may see the female me for a while if I can get in on a run of missions and races with you guys. I don't really have anything left to do to my guy, so I'm thinking about just using him when we want to whip ass in freemode.

Melraz took this picture last night. He ranks up fast, so expect to have pigtails splitting your skull open very soon.

0_08_zpsaba497e7.jpg

• Like 3

I thought that was new with the latest patch, but couldn't find a mention of it in the patch notes. It's fairly recent.

Late night GTA fun edit: I just did some missions with some tense German dude who was unhappy that the rest of his team wasn't performing to his specifications. After he called us "fucking morons," I had to jnquire "What would you have us do, Klaus?" That probably didn't win me a spot on his Christmas card list, but screw it.

Anyhoo, back in Freemode, and one guy's getting on the other in the game chat for being in passive mode. Turns out other dude is in passive mode because the first guy's running around in a tank. The guy in passive mode calls the guy an asshole for running around in a tank, and in this perfect son-of-Ben-Stein voice, tank boy starts saying he should be able to do as he pleases, he paid good money for that tank, and GTA lets him have it, so he should use it whenever he wants and the other guy's an asshole for going into passive mode and not letting him blow him up over and over.

I jump in at this point and call the guy a dick for running around in a tank. I point out that practically all of us have tanks, and if we all ran around in tanks, what fun would that be?

He was unconvinced by my argument, so I'm starting to set course to have a chat with the chap and try to rally the rest of the chatroom to pitch in against this moron, when ...

Now, I hate glitchers. Worse than tanks. Some of these glitches just plain suck and I hope Rockstar fixes them with the next patch, and I think they will. But I'll approve of this one, this one time. Someone used that same deathmatch builder glitch that one jerk used on Mis to completely wall in dude's tank. I didn't see this, but someone on the chat was describing it to me. That tank was going nowhere.

He sputtered about "if anyone knows who did this, please report them to the Rockstar authorities" and left.  

• Like 1

I moved out of the crib at WEAZEL Plaza and went back to Alta Street after nearly being killed twice in my own garage.

There is a fucking tutorial on YouTube teaching assholes how to use the glitch.

The garage glitch doesn't work via invite.  Button manipulation gets you into the virtual space.

The way to beat that glitch is moving out of Weazel Plaza once you find out about the glitch and that is what I did.

J.T., I've had the garage thing happen to me in my apartment building, and so has Mis. I'm shocked it doesn't happen more often at your old apartment downtown. it can happen anywhere. The trick is to try to avoid them and get out of the session and into a different room. Same with the deathmatch-builder glitch. I betcha these two get patched next patch. This is one of the reasons why I've been favoring the Rippa Method of staying in a crew-only room in between doing missions and deathmatches and races, etc. 

Speaking of next patch, people are saying files in 1.11 set the groundwork for 1.12 to supposedly actually include heists.

We gotta remember "that boy's like taxes, he don't know when to quit" next time someone's on the wrong end of the boot and won't give up. That and "stand up when I'm talkin' to you, boy" after someone's bit the dust.

Yeah, I haven't really encountered it at the Alta Street place.  I know that the garage glitch can supposedly be used everywhere, but I've heard that Weazel Plaza is the ideal place to use it because of the raised garage entrance. 

Not sure if that is true and I hope that R* devs test that glitch on all properties so that one patch does it for all.  It would be nice if they fixed the trophy shirts so that the logo is on the front again and it'd be super awesome if they got this asshole sitting at my computer desk out of my map room.  He's been there since the Christmas DLC.

Speaking of the map room, yeah, I've heard about the 1.11 text files.  The Business Update added:

"At the printer, press ~INPUT_CONTEXT~ to collect the heist details. Press ~INPUT_CONTEXT~ to collect the heist details. Start Heist"

to the input text files, so the rumor is that we'll receive heist details directly from various handlers via the printer / fax in the map rooms of the high-end cribs.

The way to avoid getting killed in your garage is to never go into your garage. Trigger or join missions from your apartment and call your mechanic for the car once you're out.

Oh, and Cris? You're never going to win from up on that hill. It's called a Deathmatch, not a Lifematch.

The way to avoid getting killed in your garage is to never go into your garage. Trigger or join missions from your apartment and call your mechanic for the car once you're out.

True and I almost never go into my garage, but this is unacceptable from a gameplay standpoint.  The whole point of having a penthouse and a ten car garage is that your crib is a sanctuary from imbeciles out in the wild.. 

it is a bullshit bug that needs to be fixed and exploiters need to be banned.

I also do it for caution because the few times I have gotten the timeout issue and the game kicks me into freemode - it is safer to drop it my apartment than chaos.

Of course - that could be my luck too because every time I have started off in freemode, it is always in a map ablaze with chaos thanks to multiple dudes with tanks (of course - that is also my fault from being like 4 blocks from LSC)

Yeah, I do try to remember not to leave a session right next to the downtown LSC location.

I've got to the point where I actually like the random spawns, because sometimes I can take advantage of it.  Samples from just the last few days:

- spawned right on top of a guy with a bounty.  easiest bounty collection ever.  The Dan joined and we pissed off the whole server

- spawned near the Simeon high priority car.  grabbed it, and some guy with a bounty comes at me.  I managed to get to LSC before he got to me, but just barely, in order to plant my bomb.  He wasn't able to get me when I came out, but I pissed off some cops and they got both of us.  He spawned near the car, and made the predictable grab for it. 

Something tells me there's been so much complaining about the garage glitch and the deathmatch creator glitch that they'll fix it with the next patch.

And I'm with JT - dammit, my house is my home, and I should be able to at least count on hanging out in my garage and watching TV if I want to without someone screwing with me. You should have a home base where you can get away from the stupidity without having to worry about anything.

My problem with leaving the garage, then calling for a car, is you never know what's lurking outside the apartment - when I quit last night, there was obviously a hell of a firefight raging somewhere very close to me, from the sounds of things - and I'd like to have a car so I can at least try to make a quick getaway.

And that choosing to spawn at the last location stuff is for the birds - Robert's a braver man than I because he's a certified Night Crew Freemode Warrior. I'm more like the Night Crew Mascot or Cheerleader, whatever. I hate, hate, hate it when I forget to turn on passive mode before I start a mission or deathmatch or race or whatever so I'll spawn back out in passive and not have to worry so much about a gamemate/random shooting me. I thrive on being able to get my bearings about me before proceeding. 

After doing a mission last night with Herby (I wish all you guys could do some gaming with him, he's a hoot), it respawned me in a room and I had at least nine dots near me on my radar. I'm like "oh dear," and trucked out of there very carefully. That's another huge thing about starting in a Crew-Only Room - it spawns you back into it and you've got time to think. 

Odd notes from last night:

1. Found myself gaming with a kid who couldn't have been more than 13 who was a level 230 something. I asked him point-blank if he cheated, he said he didn't, he'd been playing since it first came out. I tended to believe him after he took me flying in his plane and was doing barnstorming tricks with it - flying under underpasses, between parts of bridges. There were so many times I thought "we're dead," and he'd pull off this insane maneuver. He claimed - he tried to do it, but couldn't pull it off - that he can fly a military jet through that long, round car tunnel at Fort Zancudo. I'm not sure a jet will fit. Good kid, though. For some odd reason, he kept badly beatboxing and I found that oddly funny.

2. We were gonna parachute off the shed at the top of Mount Chilliad, but I needed a parachute. So he said "grab that one right there in front of me," and I'm like "which one?" Turns out he had a parachute on his screen I couldn't see. Then we finally found a parachute and it wouldn't let me put it on. So we tried to jump, I had no parachute, I died. Weird.

3. Herby and I were doing Rooftop Rumble and were in the screen together where you can buy ammo when he started the mission. As I'm still in the load screen, he says "they're shooting at me." I'm like "how, I haven't even joined yet?" It turns out it split us into two separate Rooftop Rumble games. I'm proud to say I finished mine, darn it.

2. We were gonna parachute off the shed at the top of Mount Chilliad, but I needed a parachute. So he said "grab that one right there in front of me," and I'm like "which one?" Turns out he had a parachute on his screen I couldn't see. Then we finally found a parachute and it wouldn't let me put it on. So we tried to jump, I had no parachute, I died. Weird.

There is an actual parachute jump in the game that does this exact thing (jumping off the shed).

I did it by myself and it took me about 5 attempts to not die instantly because there is a fine line of when you need to pull your chute.

I really want to do it with the group

I love to just go to the top of the shed in Freemode, jump off and soar very slowly into that town below. The parachute games are OK, but I have trouble landing in the zone. I've played them dozens of times and landed correctly only once. 

I'm also proud to announce that I apparently have a live-in girlfriend. She's not much to look at, but neither am I. She does spend all her time at the computer, though, and I'm scared she's spending all my money on God knows what. http://rsg.ms/Q89yJ8