DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2015 WRESTLING DISCCUSSION

Vince is such a hard worker I think sometimes we forget he is almost 70.  My dad is 64, he is fully functional and everything but I can't imagine him doing 10% of what Vince does.  I hope behind the scenes they are legitimately working on phasing him out just for his own health, he can't possibly keep going at his speed much longer, Father Time is undefeated.

Thing is--I think retirement would kill Vince faster than working non-stop.

• Like 1

For all of the crap that Vince gets online for various things, the guy is probably the hardest worker in the history of pro wrestling. I can't imagine how much hard work went into pulling off what he did in the 80s. I can't even fathom it. The amount of hours he spent on the telephone with people in different areas of the country, the hours of negotiating with people in other territories, the hours spent in production to create a product that would resonate nationwide and hours he spent doing things that I don't even know about. I'll say that he's one of the few rich guys that you can say honestly earned every dime that he has. When people say that Vince wouldn't have gone down to WCW, it's easy to see what they're referring to. I can't imagine a world where Vince McMahon signs the papers to sell the WWF to Ted Turner. Sometimes of course Vince's work ethic comes through on TV in negative ways, particularly when we're subjected to his sense of humor. I have an immense amount of respect for Vince McMahon because he DOES work hard and actually seems to care about his company. 

Vince seems like the kind of guy who wouldn't know what to do if he had free time. If he retired, he'd just become obsessed with something else in his life. 

Vince seems like the kind of guy who wouldn't know what to do if he had free time. If he retired, he'd just become obsessed with something else in his life. 

"I'll have every last Amiibo, damnit! Why can't they make more, god damnit?"

• Like 4

I completely agree about Vince probably being the hardest working guy in the history of the business. The Vince work ethic stories are as legendary to me as the Andre drinking stories. They're both superhuman.

Vince upon retirement would likely become completely obsessed with something ridiculous like organic gardening or painting landscapes. I certainly don't see Vince just becoming another old man. If Vince ever decides to step down and happens to become obsessed with something ridiculous like organic gardening or painting I'd hope they would put a show on the Network devoted to it. I'd pay $14.99 a month to see a Vince McMahon gardening show or him as the modern day Bob Ross.

I could absolutely see Vince McMahon getting involved in something like horse racing or America's Cup racing and then being super disappointed that he can't physically ride the horse himself or work on the crew of the ship.

In all seriousness, if Vince dies before he writes a book (or several), it would be one of the great tragedies of our generation(s). One where he can be completely 100% honest about his entire time running the company.

I'd like to see Vince McMahon retire and focus on his memoirs. Of course, since it's Vince McMahon, we'd probably get 3 books that would rival War & Peace in length. One of them would be 2000 pages of gloating about beating Ted Turner. 

• Like 1

I'd like to see Vince McMahon retire and focus on his memoirs. Of course, since it's Vince McMahon, we'd probably get 3 books that would rival War & Peace in length. One of them would be 2000 pages of gloating about beating Ted Turner. 

Don't lie, you'd read every insane word of that. I would.

• Like 5

Don't lie, you'd read every insane word of that. I would.

Of course, I would. I would also hope that the first half is Vince's version of a Ted biography with some commentary thrown in.

"And then young Ted attended Brown University. He did progress very far in his studies mind you. He was going to be a Classics major. What a major! Ted Turner was EXPELLED from Brown because he had a female in his room. You see, I, Vince McMahon, was the first very first person in my military academy to be court martialed and I survived. I may have graduated from East Carolina University, but at least I graduated......."

The next 100 pages are Vince ranting about how his college days were better than Ted's, using archival research that he conducted on a weekend in Providence.

• Like 1

You guys are all sleeping on the OG WWE Ace (as in technical skill as well as champ): Bob Backlund. 

The great thing about Backlund if you watch some of those old MSG shows is he's all "gee golly folks" in his Opie Taylor way, but if it was a blood feud he would straight fuck up a dude. I mean you got Backlund and Stan Hansen in a cage. Who's betting on Hansen getting his ass kicked in that one?

So, Dixie Carter told Steve Austin on the podcast she was so annoyed by the news leaks that she was considering subjecting employees to lie detector tests to get to the bottom of it.

Now I want to see the WWE version of this. Like, Hogan can do a test and after three questions the machine explodes.

• Like 3

Triple H: "I don't leak news."

BING

Triple H: "OK, now that's settled, can I go now? I have to go re-watch The Chaperone, which I consider a film classic."

BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP BLEEP

• Like 1

"I'll have every last Amiibo, damnit! Why can't they make more, god damnit?"

Vince sits around watching daytime TV.

"GODDAM THAT WOMAN SHE LIED. SHE SAID SHE WAS 1500% PERCENT SURE THAT GUY WAS THE FATHER. FLOOZY. LINDA, I'M OUT OF POTATO CHIPS."

So, Dixie Carter told Steve Austin on the podcast she was so annoyed by the news leaks that she was considering subjecting employees to lie detector tests to get to the bottom of it.

Now I want to see the WWE version of this. Like, Hogan can do a test and after three questions the machine explodes.

Hogan would pass with flying colors.

• Like 5