DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2015 WRESTLING DISCCUSSION

Watch the doc portion of the Vince dvd, which was confusing jumbled mess with everyone kissing his ass at triple capacity. Vince has a great story but it is going to die with him. The Austin interview proved that.

Vince probably has like 20 years left in the tank. He won't retire so much as die suddenly.

Sami's gonna be like Bryan all over again, only without the injuries catching up. It's going to be glorious.

Vince's mother is still alive at 95 so there is a history of longevity in the family. 

Vince has a Monty Burns-style oxygen chamber and regularly sacrifices virgins to the dark lord.

He will live until he is 150. 

I think what Sami has going for him that Bryan doesn't is his health and being a more handsome person. HHH, Steph, Vince and Kevin Dunn would probably feel better about Sami being the face of the company than Bryan.

This feels like a really unrealistic expectation to me and I've seen a lot of Zayn fans say stuff like that. It's like people are already setting themselves up to hate his run if he doesn't become 'the man' after Cena which is pretty much never going to happen.

• Like 1

Exactly.  As awesome as Zayn is, and I've been a fan for a long time, I think he'll be a niche product in WWE.

"Unmasked El Generico becomes the face of WWE after John Cena is done" is the most unprobable wrestling story I've heard.

• Like 1

Vince probably has like 20 years left in the tank. He won't retire so much as die suddenly.

Sami's gonna be like Bryan all over again, only without the injuries catching up. It's going to be glorious.

Vince's mother is still alive at 95 so there is a history of longevity in the family. 

Vince has a Monty Burns-style oxygen chamber and regularly sacrifices virgins to the dark lord.

He will live until he is 150. 

WRONG (/Big Show).  Vince has Three Stooges Syndrome:

SimpsonsDoor.png

This one is a brain aneurysm, and that one is erectile dysfunction due to heavy steroid use. The one in the back is all of your contained sneezes. And this adorable purple guy represents your heart during a cocaine withdrawl.

• Like 6

Zayn is more handsome than Bryan? Sure, I'm a straight male, so I could be totally off-base in my perception of this, but neither guy is actually particularly handsome unless you're a hipster millennial in Portland or Seattle or Austin or somewhere like that, which actually I might argue is sort of the ideal for a lot of the wrestling nerds who might qualify under that banner. The Venn diagram that captures hardcore wrestling fans and people who are into other stuff that people broadly label as "hipster" probably has quite a sizable section of overlap, actually.. 

Roman Reigns, definitely a good-looking dude. Cena's got the Captain America look, I get that. Zayn and Bryan look more like the best looking guys at the local fair-trade coffee shop, maybe, but I can't imagine that Vince would look at Zayn as any more handsome than Bryan.

The only chance Zayn has to be a consistent main-event guy (and he'll NEEEEEVER be face of the WWE with his looks and physique, even if HHH is running shit) is for HHH to actually be running shit. Zayn is Bryan, part deux. Roman Reigns is headed for being John Cena, part deux, which actually is a pretty good gig.

Now  I'm picturing the exchange where the doctore explains to Mr Burns that he is the sickest man in the world but Vince as Burns

Doctor: You are the sickest man in the United States. You have everything.
Mr. McMahon: You mean I have pneumonia?
Doctor: Yes.
Mr. McMahon: Juvenile diabetes?
Doctor: Yes.
Mr. McMahon: Hysterical pregnancy?
Doctor: Uh . . . a little bit, yes. You also have several diseases that have just been discovered- in you.

Mr. McMahon: I see. You're sure you just haven't made thousands of mistakes?.
Doctor: Uh, no. No, I'm afraid not.
Mr. McMahon: Well, this sounds like bad news.
Doctor: Well, you'd think so, but all of your diseases are in perfect balance. Uh, if you have a moment, I can explain.
Mr. McMahon: Well ......

Doctor: Here is the door to your body. You see?. And these are oversized novelty germs. Uh, that's influenza, that's bronchitis and this cute little cuddle-bug is pancreatic cancer. [ Laughs ] Here's what happens when they all try to get through the door at once.[ Whooping Like Curly, Speaking Like Moe ] Move it, chowder head! We call it Three Stooges syndrome.
Mr. McMahon: So what you're saying is I'm indestructible.
Doctor: Oh, no, no.In fact, even a slight breeze could .....

Mr. McMahon: Indestructible.

• Like 3

I knwo some people are crapping on Zayn because he hurt his rotator cuff during the prematch segment, but if I were making my debut being introduced by my favorite wrestler (Arn Anderson) in my hometown (Atlanta) where said wrestler had a significant part of his career, AND the match is against company ACE John Cena for a title? I'd probably break every bone in my body celebrating that...

Zayn is more handsome than Bryan? Sure, I'm a straight male, so I could be totally off-base in my perception of this, but neither guy is actually particularly handsome unless you're a hipster millennial in Portland or Seattle or Austin or somewhere like that, which actually I might argue is sort of the ideal for a lot of the wrestling nerds who might qualify under that banner. The Venn diagram that captures hardcore wrestling fans and people who are into other stuff that people broadly label as "hipster" probably has quite a sizable section of overlap, actually..

Roman Reigns, definitely a good-looking dude. Cena's got the Captain America look, I get that. Zayn and Bryan look more like the best looking guys at the local fair-trade coffee shop, maybe, but I can't imagine that Vince would look at Zayn as any more handsome than Bryan.

The only chance Zayn has to be a consistent main-event guy (and he'll NEEEEEVER be face of the WWE with his looks and physique, even if HHH is running shit) is for HHH to actually be running shit. Zayn is Bryan, part deux. Roman Reigns is headed for being John Cena, part deux, which actually is a pretty good gig.

One way to settle this: the return of the Handsome Gents tournament!

• Like 1

I'll start worrying about the glass ceiling when Zayn starts slamming his head against it. We have at least 6 months to a year to enjoy the ride. As of right now, I'm thrilled that there is a wrestler I'm excited about who will be wrestling regularly on Raw.

I ordered both 2015 PWG shows over the weekend. They came in today. I was surprised how fast they got here. I have always heard that PWG's shipping is horrendously slow.

One way to settle this: the return of the Handsome Gents tournament!

Qualifiers must be Teve Torbes: Musky, Victor Mature-like Scent award nominees.

• Like 2

From a WCW Page.

WCW @ Richmond, VA - Coliseum - December 18, 2000 (2,872)

Kevin Nash, Sid Vicious, and Diamond Dallas Page refused to work the taping; during the night, there was a backstage fight between Page and WCW World Champion Scott Steiner

Anyone have background to this?

Also happy anniversary to the WCW relaunch that never happened. 05/06/01. WCW "The Big Bang" on PPV.

From a WCW Page.

WCW @ Richmond, VA - Coliseum - December 18, 2000 (2,872)

Kevin Nash, Sid Vicious, and Diamond Dallas Page refused to work the taping; during the night, there was a backstage fight between Page and WCW World Champion Scott Steiner

Anyone have background to this?

Also happy anniversary to the WCW relaunch that never happened. 05/06/01. WCW "The Big Bang" on PPV.

IIRC, Steiner was being a piece of shit and directing vile insults at Kimberly Page, so DDP scrapped with him and got beat up. Then, Nash and Page grabbed their bags and walked out of the tapings, saying they'd come back when things were safer. I don't remember Sid being noted as walking out with them in any versions of the story, though. 

Kimberly discusses this in a shoot, it's covered in maybe something like Death of WCW, and it might have been discussed elsewhere. 

That tells you how dead WCW was at the time that they couldn't even get 3,000 people in the Richmond Coliseum.

This might just end up being my whole day today. Getting a burrito and looking up old WCW attendance figures.

So Steiner has been hurling insults at other wrestler's women way before this latest Hulk Hogan incident.  

I think in this case he hated Kimberly more than DDP. I don't really get his hate of DDP, which stems from he was friends with Bischoff. I mean the guy was super over, so he deserved what he got.