DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2015 WRESTLING DISCCUSSION

Mayweather is a piece of shit, I'm sure we can all agree, but I just watched Mayweather/Show again and if he wants to bring his act over to WWE when he's done fighting, I'm all for it. 

That match rocked so hard that it's a borderline "top ten match at WrestleMania all-time" candidate.

• Like 1

Federline and Mayweather are some of the better celebrities to ever be involved in wrestling obviously huge fans and understood their roles to a tee. Tyson is another one who was great in his role. You could tell watching him he was having a blast through the whole thing.

People using "SJW" as some sort of derogatory term for those who stand up for what's right can eat a dick.

Its more that it is disingenuous. Like calling a big person "tiny".
That's just a nickname based on simple goofing around. I'm sure Tiny Lister has no problem with it.

I stumbled onto this on Youtube, WCW Snowbrawl 99 that looks like it aired on MTV. it's so late 90's MTV its great Jimmy Hart, Larry Zbyszko and Rob Zombie are the commentators for this 7 man battle royal at a ski resort. Its the most WCW battle royal ever with the 7 names including: Konnan, Kenny Koas, Disco Inferno, Billy Kidman, Brian Adams and Wrath. It was a fun waste of 20 minutes.

The most WCW thing I ever saw was some MTV special they did here in NYC "rain or shine" down at Pier 54. It was some tournament deal to crown best video and there was supposed to be matches in between. Well that day there was a huge rain storm so there was this ring set up and maybe 20 people all under ponchos in the audience that was set up for at least a couple hundred. Wrestlers were representing videos and DDP won for some Gary Cherone era Van Halen song.

It was around the same time he was feuding with Raven so I do remember DDP Diamond cutting most of the flock in a rain soaked ring. WCW had a lot of stuff with MTV back then which was so weird.

People using "SJW" as some sort of derogatory term for those who stand up for what's right can eat a dick.

There's a difference between people who stand up for what's right and people who engage in self-congratulatory indignation and bigotry witchhunts. Look at the people misconstruing odessastep's quote as if it was pro-domestic violence as an example of the latter.

• Like 14

It's amazing how quickly twitter/facebook/instagram infect the public perception and drive things.

So many people stand up for cancer 'awareness' but how many actually contribute towards research or helping families with Everest sized medical costs?

People were all over #Kony2012 but did anyone do anything?

Twitter exploded with the Ray Rice footage but how many of those disgusted people did anything aside from trending a hashtag?

Now everyone is ignoring Mayweather for winning the fight. All my social media streams are filled with guys saying he "ran/hugged like a bitch" or girls saying they just found out what an "animal" he is.

It really is an incredible thing to watch unfold...

Those people have no idea how boxing actually works and social media gives them a platform to broadcast their ignorance.

• Like 3

There's a difference between people who stand up for what's right and people who engage in self-congratulatory indignation and bigotry witchhunts. Look at the people misconstruing odessastep's quote as if it was pro-domestic violence as an example of the latter.

Greatest post I've ever seen on this site.  Thank you for summing up my feelings in such a concise and intelligent manner.  You sir have received my first ever "like."

• Like 5

Greatest post I've ever seen on this site.  Thank you for summing up my feelings in such a concise and intelligent manner.  You sir have received my first ever "like."

Now that you've broken the seal, how about throwing a couple of those this way, buddy?

So...who in the world is this "Chelsea" woman in Stardom? She seems downright green and the only thing close to a gimmick she has is that she has a gigantic ass. I have no idea who this woman is, where she came from or why she is in Japan.

I'd say I'm shocked, but this is the promotion that tried to convince us that Act Yakazawa was star potential.

So...who in the world is this "Chelsea" woman in Stardom? She seems downright green and the only thing close to a gimmick she has is that she has a gigantic ass. I have no idea who this woman is, where she came from or why she is in Japan.

I'd say I'm shocked, but this is the promotion that tried to convince us that Act Yakazawa was star potential.

Read somewhere she is Jim Brunzell's granddaughter. She has been wrestling a little over two years.

Its Yasukawa, and she is highly charismatic with a backstory that makes her incredibly sympathetic. She just hasn't caught in the ring yet due to her health issues and injuries from the incident with Yoshiko. And Stardom hasn't tried to push her too strongly yet.