DVDVR Message Board

Stupid Crap Baseball Players Say or Do

Dolfan in NYC

What state was it that have Schilling a shit load of money for him to mismanage a video game company?

Oh. Right. It was RI. Not one of those 13 states. I guess you can be ok with a state as long as they give you a ton of money.

Can we petition to fire him out of a cannon into the sun. I don't care where you are on the political spectrum, how does anyone defend that kind of lunatic? Oh, right, it appears to be their base now. When you make Tricky Dick look like a commie leftist, you've gone a bit far.

Lou Gehrig's zombie corpse should be rising from the grave to get him to change his twitter handle any day now. . . .

This is the first time I remember seeing anything that Schilling has tweeted. The meme is bad enough, but his handle was the first thing that struck me about his tweet.

Maybe I'll change my twitter handle to @ruth3, since I'm a fat drunken bastard.

• Like 1

Be proud of your failings, own them, here have some cigars, hot dogs, six kegs of beer and a bunch of hookers, on the house, Travis. Then go hit some dingers in wiffleball.

I putting this here because of the bolded part (from Ken Rosenthal)

At least one major-league team plans to extend protective netting for fans.

The Philadelphia Phillies intend to install such netting at Citizens Bank Park, but are waiting on baseball before proceeding with final plans, according to major-league sources.

The Phillies do not want to proceed and then be forced to adjust if baseball establishes different regulations, sources say.

Baseball is working diligently on the fan-safety issue, but does not expect a resolution before the end of the season, league spokesman Pat Courtney said.

The issue has drawn increased scrutiny due to a series of incidents this season in which fans in the stands have been struck by broken bats and batted balls.

“We are actively studying and evaluating a number of issues related to fan safety, including bat safety, netting, etc., at the league level,” Courtney said.

Baseball, however, cannot implement a uniform set of rules without first thoroughly examining the laws and codes in the cities and counties where its teams play.

The sport requires protective netting behind home plate, and some teams also use protective screens down the foul lines during batting practice.

Japanese baseball leagues use expanded netting extending beyond both dugouts and around the field. But major-league owners, in each of the last two labor negotiations, rejected proposals by the players to extend the netting, citing concerns that additional screens would detract from the experience of ticket buyers in certain premium seats, sources said.

Two incidents, in particular, focused recent attention on the threat that fans experience while seated close to the field.

The first occurred on June 5, when a female fan at Boston’s Fenway Park was struck in the face by a shattered bat, suffering life-threatening injuries. The second was last Friday at Detroit’s Comerica Park, where a woman was struck in the head by a foul ball.

I am thinking premium seat owners would take a netting over getting their face caved in... idiots

How has the netting behind home plate decreased cost of those seats conspired to none netted seats?

The argument is nonsense. Once you sit behind a net for a few minutes, you forget it's even there. And then the "holy crap, I don't have to worry about line drives" sets in and you become thankful for the net.

If I recall correctly, Japan has had them for along time and no one gives a damn about them since no one is being nearly killed a few times every yearr by flying balls, bats or the occasional player. Hey, that's a secondary reason, you won't have guys risking their careers to catch foul balls in the stands even if they look cool.

Fuck the political fall-out, if you consider yourself conservative and are that fucking stupid and open about idiotic beliefs, you're not worth giving a shit about, I don't care who you are.

• Like 2

Fuck the political fall-out, if you consider yourself conservative and are that fucking stupid and open about idiotic beliefs, you're not worth giving a shit about, I don't care who you are.

Some people don't know when to quit.

Sad thing is, there are a number of outlets available for him to cry about the injustice of his plight.

Folks like him always use phrases like 'PC police' or 'lamestream media' when all they want to do is continue to be close minded bigots.

Fuckin' Kool-Aid sock, muthafukka.