DVDVR Message Board

MARCH MADNESS 2015 ANNOUNCEMENTS

RIPPA

Hi there

Well I guess I am running this impending disaster this year. I should run a survivor pool on who won't be banned at the end of the month. Anyway - some things..

- Assuming we all have our shit together, voting will open Monday, March 2

- Usual eligibility period applies - March 1, 2014 - February 28, 2015

- I will be starting some nomination threads so people can think they are involved in the process. (You really aren't). In my 5 minutes of thinking, I already had 50 names and I am forgetting a METRIC ton of guys so it's gonna suck weeding this down. This will be Global again. I was really tempted to not include any WWE guys just to make everyone suffer.

- I am going to institute some sort of injury/retired/actually having matches rule similar to what we used to use in the 500. I am not 100% sure how it will work but if a guy is currently crippled, he isn't going to be in it. I don't care if he had a great match 4 months ago. And obviously there has to be video evidence of said working.

- NO FAT CHICKS! OR ANY CHICKS!!!! Actually this is just because i am going to run a separate mini North American ladies worker tournament because... well I can. This will be after regular March Madness

• Like 1

I'd like to put in an early longshot prediction that Dawna of the ICW teen report has a cinderella run to the final four taking out Big Show, Kane, Dave Batista, Roman Reigns and Billy Gunn before finally running into someone who she can't beat on cardio alone.

• Like 1

Rippa, would you like us to use the nomination threads for everyone, or just guys we think you might have forgotten? For example, am I wasting your time by saying Luke Harper should be in March Madness, or should we consider this last week a "leave no stone unturned" type deal?

It can be for anyone - especially if you wanted to start making a case so people would vote your way

For me - I am going to being using them for potentially overlooked guys. Of course this isn't going to be as big an issue with WWE folk but other areas - yeah, I haven't watched everything

So for example - Matt threw out the idea of Titus O'Neil. That would be someone at first plush who you wouldn't think would make it but might if brought up.

I am going back and forth in whether I will reveal the brackets on Friday - to start the voting on Monday

Or just reveal the brackets as the voting starts on Monday.

I am leaning towards the former just because then someone will be able to be all "Umm... Rippa? Your left fielder is dead" and I have time to correct.

We shall see...

I am going back and forth in whether I will reveal the brackets on Friday - to start the voting on Monday

Or just reveal the brackets as the voting starts on Monday.

I am leaning towards the former just because then someone will be able to be all "Umm... Rippa? Your left fielder is dead" and I have time to correct.

We shall see...

"Cross him off then."

I am at 64 guys right now.

Will this be the 64 that makes the tournament... I don't know.

But I have reached the point where to add someone, I need to take someone off. So if folks feel strongly about someone (especially in Japan or the US indy scene *cough* *cough*) they need to make their case.

I will also be double checking over the next few days to make sure guys are eligible (the "active" rule and lack of footage would be the big reasons against someone)

Well since everyone is just yelling about 15 year old Triple H matches now - I guess I can just go ahead and lock down the bracket today.

You will only have yourselves to blame when I totally spaced on someone.

• Like 1

You are going to get killed in the pick 'em pool because you put a luchador in the final four, and that's not how March Madness works.

Because you guys are all a bunch of baby-girl loving shitbums.

• Like 1

guys, there's been a problem. Roman Reigns didn't do very well in Round 1. we need to hotshot him into the semifinals so that people can fully appreciate how great he is. The fans just don't know that they want it yet.