DVDVR Message Board

2015 Hall of Fame

HumanChessgame

Tonight was amazing and absolutely exhausting. I can't imagine having half the strength that Connor's dad had during his speech. Also, there has never been an audience more excited and happy to see the Bushwhackers than tonight's.

What a great induction ceremony. My favorite being Zbyszko's. Absolutely great stuff from Larry. I love when people who are great public speakers, are at a complete loss when being honored. It really shows the magnitude of the situation.

Just for the record: Madusa is 51. I can't get over how good she looked/sounded.

I was quite amused at her having to hold her top on each time she pulled something out of the trash can. Not sure if a backless two piece gown was a good idea, but damn she still looks great. If she wasnt making so much money doing Monster Jam, she probably could have a hell of a return to wrestling if she wanted. I could see a couple of good feuds with her with The Bella's, Nattie, and Paige. Reform Team Madness with Emma in place of Molly.

Is that Vince's mother who usually sits in the front row at the HOF ceremonies? Tonight, she was sitting next to Nikki Bella. I imagine she'd have to be at least in her 90's, since Vince is close to 70 himself.

(spoiled for hugeness)

20150328212717.jpg

With how few big deal headliners WWE has left, Sting, Rock, Triple H, Taker, NWO, and DX, Heyman could possibly headline his own class. It's going to be very interesting where they go in the future as far as headliners goes. I'm not sure if guys like Big Show or Kane who are winding down as active wrestlers could/would be used as headliners on their own.

Is that Vince's mother who usually sits in the front row at the HOF ceremonies? Tonight, she was sitting next to Nikki Bella. I imagine she'd have to be at least in her 90's, since Vince is close to 70 himself.

(spoiled for hugeness)

20150328212717.jpg

Pretty sure that's Betty Skaaland.

• Like 1

That woman looks nowhere near old enough to be Vince's mother, so I'm siding Ligerbusa's choice. I've been around a lot of 90+ year olds, they don't look like that. Or she has great genetics, but looking her up, it's definitely Betty Skaaland, you see her in other photos with Cena and Orton. WWE takes good care of her.

Butch was amazing, Luke could barely keep up.

But Medusa was definitely the speech of the night. And her husband getting a standing ovation and saluted by Mark Henry was the highlight of the highlight.

• Like 1

I noticed that Mr. McMahon was not mentioned, but that HHH was being profusely thanked as The Man. Michaels even said that he'll "get in touble for this" before telling his VKM story. Orders from Junior re. transition of (perceived) leadership, or just modesty? Savage should have been last but Hogan introing him was a shonda and Lanny's induction versifying was agonizing. Leave it to Bruno (bless him) to keep it kay fabe and dry as a bone. Zybysko's old man meanderings were, in turn, stupefying, amusing, endearing, heartfelt and then magical. I knew that the SHEEPHERDERS were going to rule. Johnny Ace was great. VKM doesn't own the footage of the wooden barbed wire cage match vs. The Fantastics?

I love the HoF,

RAF

The Bushwhackers brought the entertainment. I wouldn't mind if WWE purposely inducted at least one completely nutty act/group per year. Also, I know I say this every year - but EVERYONE doesn't need to make a speech. Some people need to be kept to 15 minutes and nothing more. Something random that happened on the pre-show was Lawler addressing the rumors of Eva Marie hosting the show and for some reason no one would say Eva Marie's name. Not Cole, Lawler, or Maria. It was if they were talking about Benoit, just a very weird moment. This should be Lawler's last year, not sure why WWE chooses him to do this ever year.