DVDVR Message Board

2015 Hall of Fame

HumanChessgame

Since Savage has already been announced as the first inductee I figured it was ok to make this thread.

Who else do you think will make it in this year?

Going by past years, some of the trends look to be 6-7 new members, one female wrestler, and one non-wrestler.

Demolition seem like a lock for an eventual induction.

Neither Davey Boy Smith nor Dynamite Kid are in there, though I think the latter may have burned too many bridges.  Otherwise, I'd think a Bulldogs induction would be likely.  If Stu and Brett weren't already in there I'd think the Hart family might get a nod collectively.

The Bushwhackers?

Bam Bam Bigelow?

Brian Pillman?

I'm trying to think if there are any Japanese or Lucha guys that did enough stateside to get in.  Muta or Liger maybe?

I'd say Taker or Sting but it's still possible one or both might work Mania.

Not going to happen while he's in court and shit over that Christmas Day brawl with his son. He's suspended, even took him off RAW next week.

EDIT: I just read the charges were dropped, so it's possible. But Nash did say he doesn't see himself returning to WWE again after his suspension? Weird. Seems weird for Hall and Hogan to be in already, but Nash isn't.

This one would work better for a Mania in Canada, but I think the Rougeau family should be inducted. You can have them inducted by Sami Zayn and/or Kevin Owens.

The Honky Tonk Man should also be inducted. The greatest IC champion of all time should be in.

Honky has been offered and haggled over the contract for it.

The problem is once you get passed him you're down to the Brutus Beefcakes and Hillbilly Jims of the 80s...

...although I wouldn't have a problem with either going in.

Also, Rikishi would seem like a no-brainer considering. Every other viable Samoan (besides Rock) is already in. And we know the boys can do a good induction speech.

Is Sting still going in this year?. I think Dynamite has said he doesn't want to be inducted because of the physical condition he is in. Well, that's what Harry & Georgia Smith said on a recent episode of Wrestletalk. I think Davey Boy himself is definitely a possibility, but if they ever do a WrestleMania in England he'd be the #1 induction then, for sure. As Randy's going in this year, it's fitting they should induct Miss Elizabeth too. If Liz doesn't go in the Hall of Fame, maybe Sable will, or Mickie James. I remember reading last year that Stacy Keibler was rumored to be inducted, but I think that was when she was still dating Clooney, so they probably would have wanted him there for the publicity. Unless WWE did ask her, but she turned it down, I don't know as Lita got the nod instead. Some others who could be inducted in 2015 are Demolition, the Hart Foundation (Bret could induct Davey, Owen, Flyin' Brian & The Anvil, unless Martha Hart objects to Owen being inducted), Rick Rude, King Lawler could induct Andy Kaufmann in the celebrity wing, Diesel (inducted by HBK) & maybe Stan Hansen or Vader. 

Don't they like to have at least half the inductees actually be alive at the time of their induction? Because with the headliner being Savage...

I think DDP should go in. Even though he realistically did bugger all in the WWF, his WCW status and his post-Wrestling achievements should count for enough. And he basically saved the 2014 HOF show by getting Jake and Razor clean.

Is JYD in? Because he headlined in New Orleans, right? And how about the Freebirds? Hayes, Garvin and Roberts are all still with us (and Hayes has been part of WWE backstage for so long, it'd be nice to see him get his due).

Honky has been offered and haggled over the contract for it.

The problem is once you get passed him you're down to the Brutus Beefcakes and Hillbilly Jims of the 80s...

...although I wouldn't have a problem with either going in.

Also, Rikishi would seem like a no-brainer considering. Every other viable Samoan (besides Rock) is already in. And we know the boys can do a good induction speech.

We talked about this last year - Rikishi seems to be a lock besides the obvious reasons since they also have the Usos to induct him.

Bundy is the other big 80s name that is always rumored - I think the reason not in is somewhere in between "too many demands" and "health reasons"

I thought Nash was already inducted to the HoF as Diesel

Cindy Lauper as the celebrity induction seems like a good bet

With Macho going in, I don't think they'll do any other post-mortem inductions

Would love to see Demolition go in, and they're still out there doing occasional indy gigs

How about The Freebirds/Michael Hayes? He's been an office guy for years and will already be there.

I've been saying for years how Bundy should go in, but I guess he has refused a few offers in the past, so he likely won't be going in

Honky Tonk seems like a lock at some point, too.

What about some other Attitude Era guys? Who from that time frame could be inducted and are still around? Shamrock? How about Vader? Yeah, Vader. I'll go wit him.

JBL I'd say is a lock at some point to go in, too, so why not this year?

So here's my lineup for the class of 2015:

Macho Man

Honky Tonk Man

Demolition

Freebirds/Michael Hayes

JBL

Vader

Cindy Lauper

Mickie James hasn't done anything that is HOF worthy. I would be surprised if she was ever inducted.

Again - we have discussed this in the past - it's the WWE HOF, there is no "worthiness" too it.

I am not saying James should be in but the merits of her career won't be the deciding factor.

Now if you and MORELOCK think she isn't getting in for other outside the ring reasons - that is a different story.

Though the had mended enough fences with her that she was in for a week of training down at the development center about 6 months ago. (Right before she announced she was pregnant)

Wouldn't the Freebirds in the Hall make more sense when they're in Houston (isn't it?) next year?

And this is the hall that has Koko B. Ware as a member. Honky Tonk Man would seem like a lock under those circumstances, provided Honky would play ball. This is the only Hall of Fame of any sport or "sport" where they could induct any wrestler, period, and I would just shrug. The WWE Hall of Fame isn't exactly merit-based, or if it is, the merit bar is at "has wrestled at some point in the past."

• Like 1