DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 11/28/14

victor

Is this "New Day" gimmick as racist as I think it is?

Well, it is WWE. So, I'd say yes.

What exactly is their gimmick anyway? It hasn't really been well defined.

Being the holiday season, the WWE has clearly formed a stable to promote sensible, healthy eating during this time of gluttony.

new+day.png

To be fair, her husband does theoretically still work for the company.

Okay show. I dug the New Day, although them being angry militants had a better chance of getting over past the fairly low ceiling this gimmick has.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2014/11/wwe-sd-11-28-14.html

I'm willing to give this time. They're supposed to be smart, and there's plenty of reason to think their 'name it and claim it' schtick is not completely sincere. 

Also, they edited Nikki's promo. Why is AJ the only diva allowed to bury the other ones? :(

Yea and they didn't even do a good editing job of it. It was all kinds of awkward. I'm guessing they didn't want her to come off too much like a face since apparently spoilers were describing it as a good babyface promo. But I really wish they had left it as is.

• Like 1

What Punk settlement? I guess I'm in the dark about this. 

The battle royale at least gave me hope for a Cesaro title win for a hot minute, and the heat at the end was great. Santino showed up,.Da Big Guy's new shirt is clearly influenced by the old Voivod logo (one of the many, at least), The New Day is just strange and I really don't know what direction they're gonna end up going with it. 

Smackdown was okay, not great but okay. New day is gonna quickly fall into the level of Los Matadores, comedy relief. This is just the kind of thing Vince would find funny. 

And on top of everything, I missed my chance to see Jericho picked up a paper and noticed Fozzy was in town, they opened for Texas Hillbilly Coalition. Poor Fozzy. 

It would be interesting if part of Punk's settlement with the WWE was influence over how AJ is booker for a period of time or what is said about her on tv.

I'm no fan of the AJ character but I dig her as a wrestler and it's gotta suck to still be with the company after all of this. Talk about an awkward locker room lol

Smackdown was okay, not great but okay. New day is gonna quickly fall into the level of Los Matadores, comedy relief. This is just the kind of thing Vince would find funny. 

And on top of everything, I missed my chance to see Jericho picked up a paper and noticed Fozzy was in town, they opened for Texas Hillbilly Coalition. Poor Fozzy. 

Texas Hippie Coalition...awesome band.

It would be interesting if part of Punk's settlement with the WWE was influence over how AJ is booker for a period of time or what is said about her on tv.

I'm no fan of the AJ character but I dig her as a wrestler and it's gotta suck to still be with the company after all of this. Talk about an awkward locker room lol

They probably just turn it into a storyline for Total Divas in the future.

• Like 1