DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Spoilers for 11/28/14

victor

Okay show not great but ok. curious about the battle royal.

* Dark match: Cameron defeat Naomi.

* Dark match: Sami Zayn defeat Justin Gabriel.

* SmackDown kicks off with Big Show on MizTV but Daniel Bryan interrupts to a big pop. Bryan is the General Manager tonight and is putting Luke Harper and Rusev in matches.

* Rusev retains his United States Title in a 20-man battle royal with the rest of the roster. Rusev was forced to do the battle royal for not saying the Pledge of Allegiance on RAW.

* Nikki Bella defeated Emma. Nikki cut what was said to be a very good promo. AJ Lee came out after and attacked Nikki and Brie Bella.

* Ryback defeated Seth Rollins by disqualification when Kane interfered. Kane beat on Ryback with a chair.

* Big E, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods debuted as A New Day and defeated Curtis Axel, Heath Slater and Titus O’Neil.

* Backstage promo from Bray Wyatt talking about Dean Ambrose.

* Backstage segment with Daniel Bryan. He announces Kane vs. Ryback in a Chairs Match for TLC.

* Dolph Ziggler vs. Luke Harper is next with the Intercontinental Title on the line. Ziggler ended up winning by count out but Harper retains. Harper swung the title belt at Ziggler after the match but Ziggler hit a Zig Zag and celebrated to end SmackDown.

Well the real debut is on RAW next week. Smackdown is like a broadway preview. Rave reviews but no one probably will see it.

So since Bryan was guest GM does this mean Smackdown will get it's own GM to compete with the omnipresent one on RAW? Someone has to make those tag matches you know.

• Like 1

Participants in the Battle Royal were

Participants included Rusev, Miz, Sandow, Show, Erick Rowan, Jack Swagger (w/Zeb Colter), Titus O'Neil, Heath Slater, Curtis Axel, Stardust, Goldust, Justin Gabriel, Sin Cara, Adam Rose, Tyson Kidd, Diego, Fernando, Cesaro, Jimmy Uso, and Jey Uso.

Order of elimination (supposedly)

Rough order of elimination: Gabriel first, then Cara, Axel, Slater, Rose, Los Matadores, Show, Rowan, Miz, so Mizdow eliminated himself, Stardust and Goldust, one of the Usos, O'Neil, and the other Uso to arrive at a Final Four of Cesaro, Rusev, Kidd, and Swagger. Kidd was eliminated, then Cesaro, then Swagger, and Rusev is still champion.

• Like 1

Funny that they beat a team with Titus on it who's the only guy that would make me take this group seriously if he were in it. Titus did excellent work in NXT against Zayn and Neville.

Well there's always room for more. Wasn't there talk/rumors that Mark Henry would be the  a member or leader of this proposed group?

That's how you debut A New Day? That's not a promising start.

It's almost like you expected them to get a push or something. It's just another jobber stable.

Wait, what's wrong with debuting new guys in a squash match?

I assume it's debuting them on Smackdown, the clear B show, that is the issue.

Is this "New Day" gimmick as racist as I think it is?

Well, it is WWE. So, I'd say yes.

What exactly is their gimmick anyway? It hasn't really been well defined.

Being the holiday season, the WWE has clearly formed a stable to promote sensible, healthy eating during this time of gluttony.

new+day.png

• Like 1

Southern, black, megachurch deacons from outer space.

1302560661740.jpg

Also, WWE doing a gimmick that's only as racist as I think it is is probably an improvement.  I generally expect to be surprised by how stereotypically racist some of their gimmicks are.

• Like 1

Is this "New Day" gimmick as racist as I think it is?

Well, it is WWE. So, I'd say yes.

Southern, black, megachurch deacons from outer space.

da soul touchaz

It's not like New Nation would've been any LESS racist.

That's what I was thinking too. Black guys in wrestling are either angry or dancers. That's one reason (among many others) that I really liked Ron Simmons in the APA. He was a fairly laid back guy who drank beer with his redneck buddy and they kicked ass for money.

• Like 1