DVDVR Message Board

2014 NCAAF: Week 12

Dolfan in NYC

Cam's smiling on that 30 for 30 is the stuff of top-shelf trolling/smart-assness.

I'm trying to figure out how the State/Bama game will play.  Dak Prescott has the foot speed to give Alabama fits, but it feels like he can be pressed into making some mistakes.  Amari Cooper will be looking to add to his Heisman submission video.  Should be good.

Mississippi State has been trying to lose since the 2nd quarter of the Auburn game. They're ready, willing, and able to choke on their ranking, they just haven't found anybody to stuff it down their throats for them.

Home Alabama can get it done.

And your top 4 is

1. Mississippi St.

2. Oregon

3. Florida St.

4. TCU

5. Alabama

6. Arizona St.

I think they have the right four and Alabama can play themselves in with a win over Miss St. I'm unsure how Oregon jumped FSU. Yes, the Seminoles have not been all too impressive but Oregon lost at home to Arizona. Come on.

And your top 4 is

1. Mississippi St.

2. Oregon

3. Florida St.

4. TCU

5. Alabama

6. Arizona St.

I think they have the right four and Alabama can play themselves in with a win over Miss St. I'm unsure how Oregon jumped FSU. Yes, the Seminoles have not been all too impressive but Oregon lost at home to Arizona. Come on.

Don't worry, Oregon will blow it as usual. . . 

I've been pretty impressed with the committee so far. They're doing a good job of judging teams on their body of work week-to-week and not projecting forward or allowing teams to entrench themselves in a certain position even though their body of work doesn't support it. This is what's happening to Florida State. Yeah, they've won all their games, but at some point, their weak schedule and the fact that they rarely look all that impressive against that schedule has to weigh against them.

In this week's round of school stupidity:

Louisville set to give Bobby Petrino $500k academic bonus - for a season he wasn't the coach for

Petrino's contract calls for him to get $500k if the team's APR (Academic Performance Rating) is 935 or greater the previous season.  For 2013, it's expected to be well north of 935, so Petrino gets a bonus, despite the fact he wasn't hired until January - after the 2013 season was over.  Charlie Strong, the coach at the time, won't get anything since he's no longer a Louisville employee.  The players who actually earned the grades, of course, won't get anything either.

Seriously, where do I sign up for a gig like that?

• Like 2

I went to the ECU-Cincinnati game last night.  One of the most exciting games I've been to.  There is no explanation for Tuberville going with an option play on 4th down there, but Cincy got away with it.  Both teams were going up and down the field all night-- when there wasn't a turnover to stop themselves.  Justin Hardy had a huge game; they just kept throwing it to him over and over again.  Cincinnati should have rolled a safety that way to give the young corner playing on Hardy some help.

The only downside to the game was the weather. Boy, was it cold.

FSU CB P.J. Williams reportedly fled scene of accident, was only issued two tickets

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/report--tallahassee-pd-only-issued-two-tickets-after-fsu-cb-p-j--williams-fled-scene-of-accident-200505863.html

At this point I want them to win out and make a mockery of NCAA Football.

Classic 1990's FSU football hijinks!

SNOW GAME. Fun.

Very much so since we never get snow down here in Tally.

I love watching trends develop over the course of the season and seeing what successful plays everybody starts ripping off.

In 2010, it was Auburn's option off the jet sweep.

After that, everybody was into Arizona State's motioning backs into the flat to set up a triangle pass read.

Then of course it was West Virginia's touch pass jet sweep.

Last year, the packaged plays really took over.

So far this year, it looks like everybody loves Mississippi State's deal where they motion a back out and then run QB power.

Just saw Ohio State run a slight variation for a big TD. Even Bama swiped it for a big gain against LSU last week.