DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2014-15 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

Bulls will continue to do well in the regular season (like they always do), but even if they make it to the finals, I still don't think they'll beat whoever comes out of the west. Healthy team or not.

If the Cavs don't get their act together, a Wizards Vs. Bull series rematch would be interesting. While I think the Bulls are a bad matchup for the Raptors, the Wiz might be a bad matchup for the Bulls.

Add "It's still earlier though" caveat in here.

But here's the thing. That 9-8 start that everyone talks about in 2010? We saw flashes. There were sequences where they played some unparalleled basketball. They just hadn't put everything together yet.

I'm not seeing any of what I saw in the Heat in the Cavs yet. At all.

Sixers drop another one. No way this Sixers thing doesn't end in a disaster

I hate the Rockets so much.  Also they have by far the worst announcers in the league.

Whats so bad about them?

Could be worse.  They could be the Knicks with the 2nd and 4th highest paid players in the NBA with no real hope going forward.

Amare is getting $20+ million to be a second string guy and Melo......

...nobody wanted Melo this past offseason.

Finally a loss that I can at least feel good about it at the end. 3 players played well. Noel, McDaniels and Covington. One of those games where you can't see the quality of it by looking at the box score for McDaniels. To the surprise of no one MCW and Wroten is still oil and water when on the court together. Probably could have won the game tonight if one of them played well. It is getting frustrating though watching Mbah a Moute get so many minutes. Team free throw percentage is last in the league at 63%. Detroit is second to last at 69%. Can't say anything about Drummond since he is shooting a higher percentage than Noel.

I think the real problem is Mbah a Moute.  He just looks lost on the court.

They need to find a way to make MCW and Wroten work.

In the end the Sixers did not have much of a choice.  They had this hanging over their heads if they made the playoffs in a bad East.

• Philadelphia trades a first round pick (2013-15 lottery protected) to Miami in exchange for the rights to Arnett Moultrie. If Philadelphia does not make the playoffs in each of those three years, Miami will receive their second round picks in 2015 and 2016. This pick was conveyed to Boston in the Jordan Crawford/Marshon Brooks trade.

There was one more first round pick owed but I forget who it was from but I think they reacquired it last year.

In any event, I would bench Shved and Mbah a Moute.  Both appear to be dragging the team down.

The Sixers were stuck with two guys, Iguodala and Young, who were not stars but third options as their best guys.  They had Jrue but the rest of the roster was a mess.

They were over the cap, had no draft picks, and were a bad team in a bad conference with their best hope being a first round exit.  They lucked out against Chicago because Rose got hurt.

They were in the worst spot in the NBA, 6-8 seed in the East, with no hope of getting better.  The team had topped out.

They did reacquire another one. They got one they sent to Orlando back from the Saric trade. Which was a good trade. They might have considered doing the trade with the Bulls the Nuggets did from the 16 and 19 during the draft. I definitely prefer Saric and the future first. The one guy I would have been for sure interested in was Warren and he went 14. I've gotten to see some of Saric on youtube or streaming last couple weeks. I think he compares favorably to Boris Diaw. Beethoven too I suppose.

AD may have taken the throne as best player alive. It's getting close. And he's on a team with some unrepentant ballhogs who don't even look at him when he's in great position a lot of times.

Cleveland really doesn't have a lot past the big three and Wild Thing. And Kyrie and Love can't play defense at all.

I'd trade Kyrie for Rondo in one second flat. Rondo's a much better fit and is so much better on defense.

That is the real problem with the whole superstar bit.  They will take up most of the cap space leaving no depth behind them as OKC is finding out.

They did reacquire another one. They got one they sent to Orlando back from the Saric trade. Which was a good trade. They might have considered doing the trade with the Bulls the Nuggets did from the 16 and 19 during the draft. I definitely prefer Saric and the future first. The one guy I would have been for sure interested in was Warren and he went 14. I've gotten to see some of Saric on youtube or streaming last couple weeks. I think he compares favorably to Boris Diaw. Beethoven too I suppose.

I liked both picks, yes people complain about Embiid being injured and Saric being overseas but if Embiid works out nobody will be complaining in three years when the Sixers have two very good big men which is the hardest position to develop.

It looks like Noel has turned the corner and gotten a fire in his eye.  Hopefully, MCW discovers that fire as well.

It's probably time to admit that Memphis has been the best team in basketball, save for the Spurs, since Gasol returned from injury last year. What would have happened in Randolph didn't get suspended for Game 7 last year? They would have had that emotionally spent Clippers team and then a Spurs team they've handled in the past.

It's probably time to admit that Memphis has been the best team in basketball, save for the Spurs, since Gasol returned from injury last year. What would have happened in Randolph didn't get suspended for Game 7 last year? They would have had that emotionally spent Clippers team and then a Spurs team they've handled in the past.

Memphis upset the Spurs but that "handling" was avenged and ended up costing Lionel Hollins his job after Memphis got swept. 

Thank you whomever bought my Sixers ticket for tonight on StubHub, and may God have mercy on your soul.

You probably guaranteed the Sixers a win tonight.

If you are not watching Malik Rose just talked about having a left-handed cell phone.

Nope :-( This is now the greatest streak in sports entrtainment since RD Evans lost last week #TheNewNewStreak

• Like 1

Warriors-Spurs is my hope for Western Conference Finals. If the Spurs can return to form and the Warriors are going lights out, it will be the most entertaining Conference Finals possible. The series they had a couple of years ago was awesome. Plus it will be a great way for me and Phil Schneider to talk shit to each other for a week or two.