DVDVR Message Board

2014 NCAAF: Week #8

Dewar

Interesting that Oregon is being allowed to use those jerseys with the Donald Duck logo on the side.  Part of their deal with Disney that lets them use Donald is that they can't use him in marketing outside the state of Oregon.

Yeah, I don't think Jameis is going anywhere. FSU doesn't have the integrity to do anything about it. It'll be his draft day before we know any of the details. I think his stock is pretty fucked at this point, though.  Who wants to deal with him in today's NFL?  Who wants the backlash?

Yeah, I don't think Jameis is going anywhere. FSU doesn't have the integrity to do anything about it. It'll be his draft day before we know any of the details. I think his stock is pretty fucked at this point, though.  Who wants to deal with him in today's NFL?  Who wants the backlash?

Oakland probably. If he slipped out of the first round it would get interesting pretty fast though. . . 

Oakland has Carr, who seems to be decent at the very least.

That's a problem Winston may run into.  Several teams that will have high draft picks--Oakland, Jacksonville, Minnesota, etc--will look to work with their current QBs for at least another season before trying with another.  Other teams won't dare touch him.

Let's face it. Winston is destined for one team.

With their first-round pick, the New York Jets select. . .

• Like 1

There's not a chance the Jets take him. Even they have to know putting Winston in that media circus would be a terrible, terrible mistake. Plus, I am thinking his Wunderlic score might end up being in the Vince Young range, and scare a bunch of teams off.

Has FSU actually scheduled the university discipline hearing for Winston yet?  Because unless his lawyer is either A.) 100% sure Winston didn't rape the girl, and won't say anything stupid that could haunt him in later criminal or civil proceedings or B.) is a complete idiot, there is no way in hell he lets Winston face that hearing and testify.

Off the top of my head, I would say the Jets, St. Louis, Houston, Arizona, Buffalo, Tampa Bay and Miami are all likely first-round landing spots for Winston.

You have all been warned. Most likely it'll be Tampa, since they'll be the ones with the highest pick matched with the biggest need for a quarterback. And there isn't anything bad that can happen with the combination of Jameis Winston and Tampa. Nosiree. 

Off the top of my head, I would say the Jets, St. Louis, Houston, Arizona, Buffalo, Tampa Bay and Miami are all likely first-round landing spots for Winston.

You have all been warned. Most likely it'll be Tampa, since they'll be the ones with the highest pick matched with the biggest need for a quarterback. And there isn't anything bad that can happen with the combination of Jameis Winston and Tampa. Nosiree. 

Well the Bills don't have the pick thanks to the Watkins trade, but I image they'd sniff around if he drops to the 2nd round. . . 

How long can FSU push this back.  Can they make it to the Championship game in January?

Report: 2,000+ pieces of signed Jameis Winston memorabilia on authentication site

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/report--2-000--pieces-of-signed-jameis-winston-memorabilia-on-authentication-site-200929718.html

Winston was not paid but I bet his cousin/handlers were paid.

Bo Jackson: I'm done trying to help Jameis Winston

http://http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/bo-jackson-jameis-winston-help-advice-comments-florida-state-seminoles-jim-rome-show-101514

You do know that Jameis isn't considered the top QB is this class (assuming he leaves school)

Man, after everything that's happened with PSU this year, the stuff with Cam however many years ago, how Jameis has already gotten off scott free a couple times, and on and on and on, I have no faith that justice will be served. I would not be shocked to see Jameis (what a stupid fucking name) play all year and be handed the Heisman again.

• Like 1

Jameis will not win the Heisman this year. The NCAA and FSU may not suspend him, but the voters will give it to someone else, even if he's the best player in the nation (and he has not been the best player so far).

Winston's threat isn't from FSU, it's from a civil suit (and the still possible but unlikely criminal charges.  They technically have until 2017 to file)

FSU's risk is also a civil suit, but having Winston on campus now doesn't really change the math on that.  If Winston testifies in the campus disciplinary hearing, FSU can later use that testimony in an effort to shift blame away from themselves and on to Winston in a lawsuit (which would likely have Winston, the college, and the TPD all as defendants, either jointly, or in multiple suits.)

Which is why if Winston's lawyer isn't a complete moron, Winston drops out rather than face the hearing, since it has no legal binding.  Especially since FSU is literally making up the rules for this hearing on the fly, instead of using the school's normal procedure for a campus disciplinary hearing (granted, they have a decent reason for this, given that they themselves are, as an institution, accused of wrongdoing.)

Nothing is going to happen to Winston. It's like he's Neo. Somehow we're all living in a simulation and he wound up getting all of the leftover 1s and 0s to give him the special ability to always get out of trouble no matter what he does. It's a fucked up ability.