DVDVR Message Board

2014 NCAAF: Week 6

Brian Fowler

Since Kelvin's out of town, I figured I'd throw this up.

Rankingz or whatever he says:

1. Farqooqz

2. Nike Money Makerz

3. Generic long standing Saban Hatred (tm Dolfan)

4. Slobberknockerz

5. The best little brother school in the country

(Those are the AP.  Coaches has Bama #1, FSU #2, Oklahoma #3, Oregon #4, and Auburn still #5.)

• Like 1

After a couple of crap weeks, shit starts getting real this week, especially in the SEC West where all 6 ranked teams will play each other:

A&M vs. Miss St at Noon

Bama vs. Ole Miss at 3:30

LSU vs. Aubie at 7:00

You know where to find me on Saturday.

They made that one Orange Bowl where Mangino was bigger than the Orange mascot, so it's not TOTALLY hopeless. You really ought to stop being so greedy though, you all motherfuckers win basketball all the time. :lol:

I was a student that year, and I'm still not convinced it actually happened. Moreover, I'm not convinced it represents a realistic ceiling. Weak non-con, avoided Texas/OU with the old split schedule, OSU/A&M were down, Baylor was still horrible, K State still had Prince, etc. Tons of factors that don't exist at present.

As far as basketball, well, yeah. I'll take solace in that.

Can someone please suggest to me a candidate that would inspire irrational hope that Kansas could be something other than a dumpster fire of a football program? If not wins, I'll settle for misplaced optimism.

It wouldn't excite the fanbase, but they should look to the FCS or even Div 2 ranks and find a coach with an oddball offense who can generate points without great players.

I recommend Willie Fritz. In his first year at Georia Southern after a successful run at Sam Houston State. I wanted him for Southern Miss last go round.

Can someone please suggest to me a candidate that would inspire irrational hope that Kansas could be something other than a dumpster fire of a football program? If not wins, I'll settle for misplaced optimism.

It wouldn't excite the fanbase, but they should look to the FCS or even Div 2 ranks and find a coach with an oddball offense who can generate points without great players.

I recommend Willie Fritz. In his first year at Georia Southern after a successful run at Sam Houston State. I wanted him for Southern Miss last go round.

The fanbase is moribund. At this point, the ghost of <insert legendary coach of choice here> wouldn't move the needle. From the DII ranks, the name I've heard a couple times is Bob Stitt, head coach at Colorado School of Mines. Apparently he runs some inventive offense, but obviously I don't know much. Googling Fritz, he has some Kansas ties (which people here care too much about), and obviously has recruited Texas. So at first blush, I like that idea. But, whatever. That's probably enough KU football discussion for now.

If we're being real, they should've lost against Wazzou two weeks ago.

Yep.  WSU got boned repeatedly by the refs in that game.

Oregon has no offensive line this year whatsoever and has been severely exposed the last 2 games.  EVA is right - they might lose 2 more yet.

I totally realize I'm a huge homer for Notre Dame and think most of their games are worth watching, but I think the Stanford game tomorrow is going to be a very interesting one to watch just to see how much of a factor the weather plays. The weather here has been total shit all day. It just stopped raining within the last 30 minutes, but the rain should be picking back up and will continue rain into and throughout tomorrow. Not only that, but the high tomorrow is 45 and windy. So cold as shit, windy, and totally soggy. 

I totally realize I'm a huge homer for Notre Dame and think most of their games are worth watching, but I think the Stanford game tomorrow is going to be a very interesting one to watch just to see how much of a factor the weather plays. The weather here has been total shit all day. It just stopped raining within the last 30 minutes, but the rain should be picking back up and will continue rain into and throughout tomorrow. Not only that, but the high tomorrow is 45 and windy. So cold as shit, windy, and totally soggy. 

I've always had an irrational fondness for shit weather games in which teams just awkwardly smash into each other for an hour, so I'm total agreement. 

I've always had an irrational fondness for shit weather games in which teams just awkwardly smash into each other for an hour, so I'm total agreement.

The what about the other two hours?

The what about the other two hours?

*An hour of game time. 

Were the excess only two hours, I'd be happy.