DVDVR Message Board

2014 NFL - WEEK FOUR

RIPPA

Reports are that the Lions know they are going to lose Ndamukong Suh to FA.

Suh supposedly wants to play in NY (but the "sources" didn't clarify which team)

Poor poor Fowler

Well, there is only one team that plays in "New York". . . .

NFL on FOX had a good point about the brouhaha about the overtime rule: if it hadn't been Peyton Manning complaining, no one would have given a shit.

There was a controversy over the overtime rule? I mean its bad enough Peter King finally won the change to the wimpy rule we have now, so what are they complaining about now?

Reports are that the Lions know they are going to lose Ndamukong Suh to FA.

Suh supposedly wants to play in NY (but the "sources" didn't clarify which team)

Poor poor Fowler

Well, there is only one team that plays in "New York". . . .

Man, two weeks ago, I would have thrown a Toronto joke to drown my pain here....

• Like 1

(IE won't let me quote a reply, WTF?)

Keuestar, the "controversy" is that Peyton Manning was pissed off that he didn't get a chance at the ball during overtime.

Jimmy Johnson had the right point: a team is not just the QB. If the defense had done it's job, he would've got his chance.

NFL on FOX had a good point about the brouhaha about the overtime rule: if it hadn't been Peyton Manning complaining, no one would have given a shit.

And it was only our curious reverence for Favre that led to the change in the first place

Prior to that we were for decades just fine with teams getting "screwed" by conceding a field goal on the opening drive.

Good lord was that an actual opening drive passing TD by the Raiders?  I mean, it's early on a Sunday morning, I could just be hallucinating that while half-asleep.

Would like some independent second-source confirmation on this.

Oh and a 15 yard penalty on the PAT for headbutting.  Okay I guess it's a real Raider TD