DVDVR Message Board

Spring Training Opens 2/18/15

Dolfan in NYC

I guess this can go both here and the Raw thread later, but there was an audible De-rek Je-ter chant during both the Brie Bella/Summer Rae match and whatever that was with El Torito and Hornswaggle gator. The Rock just made that even better.

We haven't discussed it yet, but there's been some coaching changes for the Cubs and Red Sox. Last week, the Red Sox hitting coach resigned and Bill Mueller resigned from the Cubs as hitting coach today.

So Mueller could be headed to Boston, while Manny, if he can be convinced to retire, could be headed to the Cubs major league coaching staff as the assistant or head hitting coach. Of course, Manny could head to Boston as well.

Normally a hitting coach wouldn't matter that much, but Manny worked wonders with Baez and Bryant loves Manny as well. 

We haven't discussed it yet, but there's been some coaching changes for the Cubs and Red Sox. Last week, the Red Sox hitting coach resigned and Bill Mueller resigned from the Cubs as hitting coach today.

So Mueller could be headed to Boston, while Manny, if he can be convinced to retire, could be headed to the Cubs major league coaching staff as the assistant or head hitting coach. Of course, Manny could head to Boston as well.

Normally a hitting coach wouldn't matter that much, but Manny worked wonders with Baez and Bryant loves Manny as well. 

This is like Screech becoming assistant principal of Bayside High.

• Like 1

My World Series boycott I had during this time of my life returned.

2000: Subway Series was of no interest.

2001: Withholding comment, but seemed fixed. 

2002: Enjoyed the Rally Monkey.

2003: Stabbed in the fucking heart, too painful to watch.

Everything leading up to it seemed set up to have the Yankees in the World Series at minimum. Byung Yong Kim suddenly forgetting how to pitch seemed suspicious to a cynical eye looking from afar. My Yankee hatred as a youth probably had a lot to do with my boycotting back then. 

Moving onto another subject, the Astros do have one bright spot: their mascot Orbit will be making a trip to Japan for the All-Star series vs the Japanese National Team.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/97971214/astros-mascot-orbit-will-join-mlb-all-stars-for-japan-series 

I really enjoyed these matchups growing up because it seemed more like a true "World Series" than the actual World Series. 

I'm somewhat leery of the deal just because it's a guy in his mid-30s with a history of some recent back issues.

And I can talk about being an old guy with a bad back.

Would I have minded him going to the Yanks? Absolutely not but still...

Followup on the Hardy deal - per the Baltimore Sun

JJ Hardy's contract breakdown acdg to source: $11.5M in 2015, $12.5M in 2016; $14M in 2017. Also $14M club option in 2018 w $2M buyout ...

Kevin. Towers.

If Kevin Towers was the other best available option, I'm fine with the Yankees sticking with Cashman. Ideally, I'd like to see some players from the late 90s- early 2000s dynasty get a chance in coaching and management positions. From listening to him on broadcasts, I think David Cone would be a great choice as the next pitching coach. Tino Martinez is a scout in the Yankee organization. He would be my choice as the next hitting coach. The Yankees also need Willie Randolph back to be groomed as the next manager after Joe Girardi.