DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: LASH LEROUX

RIPPA

So the Yankees called up a guy this weekend who name is Chris Leroux.

Ed and I - because this is how our brains work - both instantly went LASH~!

So I was like "Well I know who the Wrestler of the Day is now".

Plus we were talking about sideburns in one of the other threads and this man had himself some sideburns

And... AND.... to tie it in to Friday's WOTD

Lash is an interesting case. I don't think anyone thinks he was great or anything, but he sort of had a campy charm, and for someone who badly wanted WCW to win towards the end, as a teenager, he's one of those guys that it was hard not to have some affinity for. He felt somehow very WCW-y, like the Gambler or Roadblock. 

He has a fairly good shoot interview, which is also sad since it sounds like the guy wants to contribute somehow, anyhow, and it's not really happening. 

Leroux was a good kid with legit charisma and he could sell really well.  I attribute most of his blown spots to nerves.

He was the kind of guy you could build a mid-card feud over a lesser title around.  Too bad the Western States Heritage belt was long since retired.

He managed to make even shitty Glacier look like a million bucks.  No easy feat.

I don't want all of the vids to be about Lash getting his ass kicked.   Here is a rare win for the poor fellow against Al Green aka one half of the Master Blasters with Kevin Nash (yep, that Kevin Nash) and one half of The Wrecking Crew with the forgotten Laurinaits brother, Marcus.

• Like 1

I don't want all of the vids to be about Lash getting his ass kicked.   Here is a rare win for the poor fellow against Al Green aka one half of the Master Blasters with Kevin Nash (yep, that Kevin Nash) and one half of The Wrecking Crew with the forgotten Laurinaits brother, Marcus.

Don't forget Green was also The Dog.

On second thought, that's probably best forgotten.

I wonder if he's in Jarrett's famous database of 500 wrestlers? I would not be a bit surprised if JJ cut and pasted a DVD-500 list from 2002 or something and called that a "database".

I vaguely remember there being an internet petition back in the day to get him the role of Gambit in the X-Men movies.

Personally, I never hated Lash enough to wish that hell on him.

The only things I recall about him beyond what's been stated is his somewhat wacky offense and his drawing gimmick. For some reason, I thought the Whiplash 2000 was a cool move. I stand by this!

28qxb35.jpg

WHIPLASH 2000~!

• Like 2

What's funny is that in that Kaz match - he hits it and Hudson and Tenay don't call it by name nor do they acknowledge that Kaz kicked out of Lash's finisher.