DVDVR Message Board

Avengers begins with Loki attacking Shield. He brought the fight to them. He got their attention immediately. They're the ones who then called together the Avengers and everything followed from that. It wasn't a matter of principle that they all got together to fight a threat that was size X. It was a specific matter of story.

Ugh, this thread has really gone off the rails.

Apropos of nothing, it's Friday.  I seem to recall watching Agents of Shield off the DVR this week, but I have already forgotten almost everything about the episode.  I'm not even sure I actually did watch it.  Not a good sign.

That article about Terrance Howard has been making the rounds on Facebook, and one of my friends mentioned that while they're glad Howrad got axed, Cheadle wasn't a great replacement.

I sort of get that...Cheadle is charismatic but doesn't fit the role as well as I'd like him to. Who else would have been a good War Machine pick? 

Gina Torres is an awesome suggestion. I always pictured Rhodey as Tony's slighty younger brother so I would've picked Omar Epps.

Apropos of nothing, it's Friday.  I seem to recall watching Agents of Shield off the DVR this week, but I have already forgotten almost everything about the episode.  I'm not even sure I actually did watch it.  Not a good sign.

Yeah, I watched it on Wednesday and meant to post something but couldn't be bothered. The show is losing my interest at a rapid rate. It's one thing to be boring but the one great hallmark of Whedon shows is they're never predictable. Granted we don't know what Tahiti is yet or who Skye really is (although it's becoming REAL frickin' obvious she's Jessica Drew...at least the Super Powered Uber-Babe is one Whedon trope they seem to be sticking with) but everything else is so paint by numbers.

For example, we know Fitz and Simmons are gonna eventually hook up and one of them will die - or turn evil (I did get a kinda creepy vibe from the Boy Nerd this week where I can see him eventually going all Buffy's Warren some day). Just get on with it already. I don't need to spend 43 minutes of my life on longing glances and subplots about a SANDWICH.

Oh dear lord that sandwich. Did they really spend a week in a writers room and the best plot device they could come up with was a prosciutto sandwich? And we thought the Raw writers room was devoid of ideas. And how sad is it that I can remember the Prosciutto Sandwich of Impending Doom but still can't remember if the cute lady nerd is Fitz or Simmons?

Ugh, whatever. Which one is she, and what's the tip off? I have no idea, so I'm interested to see why everyone says that.

I don't think so now that we're past the first four episodes or so, but for me it was that she was joining SHIELD as a double agent for another organization- Jessica Drew joined SHIELD as a spy for Hydra, and by the time Fury found out, her loyalties were 100% SHIELD so she started spying on Hydra for him. 

I think that's accurate. 

Anyway, between Skye looking the part and some familiar aspects being thrown in, I was pretty sure/hoping that's what they were doing.

But nope, it seems like she's just 'Skye,' an expert computer hacker that is so good at hacking computers Coulson has decided to make her a SHIELD field agent in training who was spying on SHIELD for her boyfriend and her's hacker collective of two people because her mom was killed by SHIELD. 

• Like 1

Ugh, whatever. Which one is she, and what's the tip off? I have no idea, so I'm interested to see why everyone says that.

I don't think so now that we're past the first four episodes or so, but for me it was that she was joining SHIELD as a double agent for another organization- Jessica Drew joined SHIELD as a spy for Hydra, and by the time Fury found out, her loyalties were 100% SHIELD so she started spying on Hydra for him. 

I think that's accurate. 

Anyway, between Skye looking the part and some familiar aspects being thrown in, I was pretty sure/hoping that's what they were doing.

But nope, it seems like she's just 'Skye,' an expert computer hacker that is so good at hacking computers Coulson has decided to make her a SHIELD field agent in training who was spying on SHIELD for her boyfriend and her's hacker collective of two people because her mom was killed by SHIELD. 

Thanks.

That article about Terrance Howard has been making the rounds on Facebook, and one of my friends mentioned that while they're glad Howrad got axed, Cheadle wasn't a great replacement.

I sort of get that...Cheadle is charismatic but doesn't fit the role as well as I'd like him to. Who else would have been a good War Machine pick? 

war-machine.jpg

So I finally took the kid to Thor 2. You people (mainly FSW). The stuff in London is all about keeping Malekith busy for something like 8 minutes. Of course there's no response in that time. It's eight minutes! Freaking goofball.

Sociopath bad type human person!

You mean when the first wormhole opens about two days before the rest happens?

I think the guys from Hot Fuzz were investigating that.

The London police were keeping that one under wraps. SHIELD wasn't taking Darcy's calls (And really who would). Whenever she calls, there's probably an "ignore" bubble that pops up around the scene.

So I finally took the kid to Thor 2. You people (mainly FSW). The stuff in London is all about keeping Malekith busy for something like 8 minutes. Of course there's no response in that time. It's eight minutes! Freaking goofball.

Sociopath bad type human person!

So long as they weren't asking for the fifth character exposition on Loki in the middle of the climax for the rest of the paying audience to have to deal with, I hope they had a jolly ol' time.