DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania Triple X! - Thread 2

Dolfan in NYC

Wonder if 'Taker had a concussion. He looked a little loopy after the match. Had that "faraway" look in his eyes,

Yep:

Prowrestling.net can confirm reports that Undertaker (Mark Calaway) was taken by ambulance to a hospital in New Orleans after his WrestleMania 30 match with Brock Lesnar on Sunday. It is believed that he suffered a concussion during the match.

Wonder if 'Taker had a concussion. He looked a little loopy after the match. Had that "faraway" look in his eyes,

Yep:

Prowrestling.net can confirm reports that Undertaker (Mark Calaway) was taken by ambulance to a hospital in New Orleans after his WrestleMania 30 match with Brock Lesnar on Sunday. It is believed that he suffered a concussion during the match.

Aww, man. My dad will definitely blame Brock for that, saying he's unsafe and unprofessional and possibly even did it on purpose. Any idea of what point in the match Undertaker may have been concussed?

EDIT: No blaming; I was wrong. Feed me that hat!

"Firstly, thanks to WrestleChat for the find and Zack Wright also.

There's ongoing speculation in regards to what the condition of the Undertaker is tonight after it's emerging that The Undertaker has seemingly been taken to hospital.

A Reddit user has claimed the following:

"My dad works for WWE. He's at WrestleMania right now. He said an ambulance just showed up to take the Undertaker to the hospital and Vince and Brock went with him. It sounds serious :( JUST THOUGHT I'D GIVE R/WWE THE NEWS BEFORE ANYONE ELSE"

He later went on to say:

"My dad said Vince and Brock “ran” to a car to follow the ambulance. I would consider that serious.”

On it's own, weak. However, this was then tweeted by @Hawx456 (noted to have been deleted 

"OH MY GOD! MY MOM JUST TRANSPORTED THE UNDERTAKER TO THE HOSPITAL AND MET PAUL HEYMAN! HOLY CRAP!! #WWE #PARAMEDIC #SUPERFREAKINPUMPED

Take this for what it's worth, but a serious situation maybe developing with the Undertaker."

UPDATE 06:15 GMT:

Wrestlechat, the original guys who found this story, have enquired to a guy at Wrestlemania 30 tonight. They were told that Taker was taken to the hospital but it was a "precautionary" measure. 

You know, count me among the people that this category falls under, but I was watching the end of the Taker/Lesnar match and everyone in room with me didn't feel that was a three count before the bell. It really look like they rang the bell firmly after the three count, to the point we thought maybe Heyman had ran over to ring the bell and that they were gonna throw it out and restart the match. The silence from the announcing team didn't sell me on shock, it sold me on "Holy shit, this wasn't the plan, let's scramble" feel. A lot of that did. Part of me is thinking they may play that up and retcon the win from Lesnar. Part of me is also thinking Trips is gonna roll in tomorrow night on Raw and take the title from Bryant or screwjob him out of it, so yeah, Your Mileage May Vary...

As talented as Jim Johnston is, the Ultimate Warrior proved tonight that it's the man that makes the theme music, not the other way around.

That thumping, booming theme song just doesn't have quite the same impact when he's not sprinting down the aisle and running in circles around the ring.

• Like 2

The Streak ending definitely the biggest shock ever. Couldn't believe it happened. I think most everyone had written off the match as just another Taker win so the reaction of the front rows of fans just jumping up completely stunned was crazy. Never wanted to see the Streak end so it will be sad to see Taker go. Definitely an anticlimactic match compared to the other recent Taker matches. I guess Lesnar will always be that one guy that Taker never really beat as they had the no contest back at Unforgiven 02 then Lesnar beat him at No Mercy 02 and 03. Was hoping there would be a Sting match next year and then be able to do Taker/Cena at 32 in Texas as Taker's last one to retire unbeaten but I guess it wasn't to be.

Overall the show was real good. Opening segment was full of awesome to see the three biggest icons all together. Hulkster, Rock, and Austin were all great there. Bryan/HHH was awesome and probably match of the night. HHH's tiger suplex was my favorite spot of the night, loved that. His entrance ruled too, he was great all night. Cool moment for Sasha and Charlotte to get a tiny feature on WrestleMania in the entrance.

Shield match was probably for the best but would've liked to seen a bigger showcase for the Shield at WrestleMania. Cesaro was the perfect choice to win the battle royal, star making night for him. Sad that Christian wasn't able to make it after all and missed WrestleMania again.

Cena/Wyatt was pretty good, assuming they will rematch at Extreme Rules. aj winning made me want them to have someone like Paige debut and win the title tomorrow since she beat all the divas on the roster maybe as Vickie's last act since the reports of her leaving said she might still work this week's TV. Divas were in the literal death spot tonight, nothing special but I did love the double Bella suicide dive.

The last backstage WrestleMania 1 skit was amazing and one of my favorite parts of the night. Very glad to see that after wanting Hulkster to be used a bit more during the night and was surprised to see Orndorff show up, that was great. Glad they got some Piper/Hogan interaction in. Kinda wanted Warrior to put the paint on one more time for coming out to his theme but still a great induction. Speaking of legends, odd that Flair was nowhere all night or at the HOF.. think HBK ended up replacing him on the preshow panel.

Main event was better than I expected after being taken down a bit from Taker losing. Thought all three did a great job pulling the crowd back in to it and despite the obvious outcome, still delivering some great believable near falls. Great finish and the proper conclusion to Bryan's story from SummerSlam. Wonder who Bryan defends against first since Brock would be the logical #1 contender with his win and saying he wanted the title months ago.

• Like 1

Just another random thought.......I miss when they used to put together a really quick highlight video to play after Mania was over.  As awesome as the production team is for WWE, I'd love to see those brought back.  Imagine all the great moments they had from tonight to throw into a show closing video package. 

• Like 3

The Streak ending definitely the biggest shock ever. Couldn't believe it happened. I think most everyone had written off the match as just another Taker win so the reaction of the front rows of fans just jumping up completely stunned was crazy. Never wanted to see the Streak end so it will be sad to see Taker go. Definitely an anticlimactic match compared to the other recent Taker matches. I guess Lesnar will always be that one guy that Taker never really beat as they had the no contest back at Unforgiven 02 then Lesnar beat him at No Mercy 02 and 03. Was hoping there would be a Sting match next year and then be able to do Taker/Cena at 32 in Texas as Taker's last one to retire unbeaten but I guess it wasn't to be.

Feel the same way with everything you say. Always wanted The Undertaker to go unbeaten at WrestleMania.

Just another random thought.......I miss when they used to put together a really quick highlight video to play after Mania was over. As awesome as the production team is for WWE, I'd love to see those brought back. Imagine all the great moments they had from tonight to throw into a show closing video package.

Yeah, I miss them as well. Said the same thing in the other WrestleMania XXX topic. Haven't had one since WrestleMania XXV.

When the streak ended, I was literally speechless for about 90 second. Then could only muster up a few holy shits.

Out of likes but exact same reaction here.. just couldn't believe it actually happened.

Just another random thought.......I miss when they used to put together a really quick highlight video to play after Mania was over.  As awesome as the production team is for WWE, I'd love to see those brought back.  Imagine all the great moments they had from tonight to throw into a show closing video package. 

Agreed 100%. Watching old Manias on the Network, specifically 21 and 22 had me really wishing they still did those.

Man, I will say this, despite my doubts about the validity of the streak ending (and I think tomorrow night's Raw will either prove me right or have me accept it. I won't drone on forever about it), tonight was just one of those nights that remind me why I love this stuff. The camaraderie of friends, being hooked into a match, wondering what the hell is gonna happen next...you know, we spend a fair amount of time shitting on the guys and what they do and why we don't like things and why we don't think they work and all this..but damn. I appreciate every one of those boys that put their bodies on the line so we have something to bitch about and the guys behind the scenes that keep us (sometimes) guessing (even if it's for the wrong reasons) and well, I don't know how many read this board if any..but I'd like to think there are that do. So for the guys that sweated it out in in the indies, or the guys workin' for Titan Tower..let me just say thanks. I appreciate what you do, and what you did.

• Like 3

Feel the same way with everything you say. Always wanted The Undertaker to go unbeaten at WrestleMania.

I never wanted Taker to go beaten at Mania. The streak had to end. Had to. I just was hoping for more of a Ric Flair kind of scenario, where he is inducted into the HOF on Saturday and wrestles and presumably drops the streak at Mania to someone who could use the rub, and then fives minutes of  chanting and clapping "Thank you Taker!" as he goes up the ramp and then stands there for a moment drinking it all in and feeling that appreciated.

Not confused, wobbly, and with a crowd that wasn't exactly sure of what they had just seen. That part of things, really, just feels like a disgrace to me and a disrespect to the man. The streak had to end, but it could've ended a shitload better than it did.

1509878_10202044488701669_1996834975_n.j

Way to go Cesaro.  So happy to see this guy get such a big moment.  I loved Claudio and the Kings of Wrestling in ROH so much and I always thought they were so talented and had so much potential.  I remember getting to see the KOW live and at an ROH event in LA, and even though it was a tiny crowd, they just kind of made it feel like it was like 100 times that size.  He's adjusted really well and come into his own.

• Like 1

As someone who didn't watch the show and just looked up results - I find it interesting that it seems almost like wwe.com is trying to hide the fact that Daniel Bryan won

I mean a link to Billy Gunn being injured is on the front page but it takes some clicking to find the actual title result

Outrageous show. Felt truly monumental. Packed full of iconic moments. Only flaw for me was Taker/Brock - but that can be explained given his apparent concussion and in a weird way it all kind of made sense. Not sure if this is up there with the absolute best Manias for all round match quality but in terms of truly historic shows it was. Top tier.