DVDVR Message Board

Malaysia Airlines Flight 370

RonL21

But  why would they do that, though? And where's the ransom demand?

Also, it's been said, but a big part of the whole terrorism cause is getting as much publicity as possible. If they were going to come out and make demands, now would be the time. The world is watching.

Hey, I'm not saying it's a GOOD theory.  Just one of those far-out there stories that starts sounding pretty sound when there's almost nothing else to go on. 

Or I'm reading too much Twitter.  That's a real possibility.

The poster who said that they "think as a family member" may be the Carelord of the Millennium. 

God forbid someone be compassionate on the internet.

So much easier to be a total unfeeling, superior to all asshole.

I really think we should go beg the overlords to framisan carelord, as its one of the worst fucking buzzwords this board has created.

• Like 1

Here's a clarification:

You can empathize with the loss of human life without "thinking as if you were one of the family members" or however it was put.

One makes you a human being and the other makes you the sort of person who makes things about yourself.

Not unlike somebody who drops the word "carelord".

Are we talking about this post? Because it's all I could find in this thread with a phrase similar to what's being mentioned. I ask because Craig is clearly not making it about himself, and is just saying that surviving family members probably cling to hope, because it's all they have. 

A litmus test to see how attached to reality you are is your disposition regarding whether or not they're still alive.

It isn't entirely out of the question though, that these people are still alive. I think as a surviving family member, that's probably all you could latch onto at the moment.

It's actually pretty obvious. So stop being a carelord about who is carelording.

And more talking about Illuminati please.

Are we talking about this post? Because it's all I could find in this thread with a phrase similar to what's being mentioned. I ask because Craig is clearly not making it about himself, and is just saying that surviving family members probably cling to hope, because it's all they have. 

A litmus test to see how attached to reality you are is your disposition regarding whether or not they're still alive.

It isn't entirely out of the question though, that these people are still alive. I think as a surviving family member, that's probably all you could latch onto at the moment.

It's actually pretty obvious. So stop being a carelord about who is carelording.

And more talking about Illuminati please.

Thanks Jae. I knew that the comment was directed at me, but I kind of took a WTF approach to it and just moved on.

Also, FWIW, Carelord is a really, really dumb Internet name to call someone.

To get back on topic, it's pretty obvious to me at this point that the two only realistic options are that the pilot went nuts or this was a botched hijacking.

I hope they get to the bottom of it. The pilot was either a hero (who potentially stopped another 9/11) or a complete monster who decided to off himself and take 200 people with him.

While reading a story posted on Facebook by a local news affiliate, a scholar left this in the comment section, copied and pasted word for word:

"In my answer is that MH370 still not touch earth and every passengers are safe too. seek in space. Mass is nothing its all about the ratio of gravity in such way MH370 still not touch earth n all are safe too."

So yeah, we can all relax.  Everything is OK. 

Because this story couldn't get any wackier, in addition to the 2 Iranian guys with fake passports and 20 high-tech experts, Jet Li's stunt double, Ju Kun, was also one of the passangers. He's a veteran martial arts expert who's done a fair bit of Hollywood work.