DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

I am now one upgrade away from maxing out my Truth rocket launcher. I could have just purchased the Exotic Shard now, but I'll wait til next week. Probably giving Destiny another break til the new DLC pack comes out.

Just played a bit today to max out my Ghideon's Demise. I turned down 2 Raid invites. I also have the option to do the Thorn exotic bounty but it sounds like a nightmare. Not sure if I should attempt it.

It will be mostly an afternoon of Story Missions and Vanguard work.  I am two or three story mission and a strike away from getting Mars completed with my Warlock and I've got six Vanguard bounties on my Titan.

I also got a Legendary replacement for the shitty Rare mark my Titan has worn for the past two months.

My Hunter main will be all about the Crucible after all of that is done.  I've got six Crucible bounties including all three of the Kill 25 Players of a Specific Class bounties.

Reddit says it was the lizard gang again

I hate it when I am right.  I am on the Tiger Team from my organization and we helped US Cyber Com and the DoJ track down Global Hell.

One think you learn about black hats:  those assholes love to send a message.

I am stunned that this group is still a thing after grounding that airplane that Sony exec was on by tweeting a bomb threat to American Airlines.  That shit is a Federal offense.  Those guys should be in prison by now.

• Like 1

Well it went down again around 4:30 am so I thinking I need to find something that doesn't require me to be connected to XBOX Live

It's not like I don't have the story in GTA5 to finish.. 

Is anyone going to be playing this on PS4 today? I'd like to reach some meaningful gains in my light levels. I really want to complete the RAID once if I can ever reach 26 and can actually find a group of six guys. That's the only downside to not buying this on 360.

Okay, so I am dumb.  It took me this long to figure out that Ana Bray, the Hunter Vanguard that died defending Twilight Gap, and the designer of the Eon Trespass jumpship, Elsie Bray, were linked to Clovis Bray, the exoscience tech company on Mars.

The Cruicible map, Blind Watch, takes place in an abandoned Clovis Bray facility.

Is anyone going to be playing this on PS4 today? I'd like to reach some meaningful gains in my light levels. I really want to complete the RAID once if I can ever reach 26 and can actually find a group of six guys. That's the only downside to not buying this on 360.

You should try the raid once you're level 28. The raid being level 26 is a bit misleading. You'll have a very hard time unless you're in a group full of experienced Raiders.

I'm on PS4. FLAMgoblin. Add me if you'd like, I play with personal friends who are all level 30, and some of their friends who are also level 30. Not sure if I'll be playing today though.

• Like 1

So, I listened to the Halo / Halo Reach mix I had on CD while on my way to work and I have discovered that I am really underwhelmed by the incidental music for Destiny.

What happened, Bungie?

I have also come to the conclusion that this game needs a little more atmosphere from Halo: Reach.  There was a game that let you know that in spite of all of your personal combat skill and superiority, you were losing the fucking war and every small victory was important.. 

There is one human city left on Earth in Destiny, but somehow I always feel like we are winning the fight.  I am not sure if that is the right idea.

So, I listened to the Halo / Halo Reach mix I had on CD while on my way to work and I have discovered that I am really underwhelmed by the incidental music for Destiny.

What happened, Bungie?

I have also come to the conclusion that this game needs a little more atmosphere from Halo: Reach.  There was a game that let you know that in spite of all of your personal combat skill and superiority, you were losing the fucking war and every small victory was important.. 

There is one human city left on Earth in Destiny, but somehow I always feel like we are winning the fight.  I am not sure if that is the right idea.

You're going to make me want to go back through that Campaign. That is by far the best campaign of that series.

I am disappointed it didn't get included in the MCC despite not being part of the Master Chief story.

Bungie fired marty, that's what happened to the music.  We haven't really seen what it's like in the last city, just conditions in the tower.  Down below it could be far worse.

As far as having a 360 for raiding...yeah, I could get you through a raid, hell we 5-manned atheon yesterday, and 4 manned the double gates.  So yeah, it's very possible...IF we could connect to xbox live.  I bet you can connect right now to psn with no issues, at least you have that going for you.

I'm debating on tweeting a Sun Tzu quote to major Nelson at this point, JT knows the one I'm talking about- solutions to problems. I'd be okay with them doing something to the perps that would make Harry Truman say "okay that was a bit much."  Make a fucking example out of 'em...Make their house look like someone threw a flashbang into a meth lab.

I mean shit, like JT said, they did call in a bomb threat to an airplane...that in itself is terrorism.  That's some gitmo level shit.

This is why I shoot shit and blow shit up in video games....for the release so I don't have bad thoughts and then fuck up and post them on the internets.

• Like 1

Oh shit, that's right. I forgot about poor Marty. 

Marty just composed the opening theme song though, right? 

The incidental music in the game is okay but not up to Marty's standards.

Destiny forums are ablaze.  Did XBL get DDoSed again today?

Once I got back on - I was able to stay on for most of the morning with only a couple of hiccups

Was happy to get a legendary helmet for my Hunter... from an engram my Titan

At Level 27 - which is pretty amazing considering I still have a fucking uncommon chest piece.

Mis has a good idea last night - I am getting all my faction ranks right to the tipping point of the next rank but not going over.

That way - in theory - I have a bunch to rank up right away on Tuesday (assuming I have the money for Dark Below since I totally forgot I didn't by the season pass)

• Like 1

I have a crapton of Vanguard bounties on my Titan so that is what I am going to do first when I get online, provided that there are no shenanigans from Lizard Squad.

Then it will be PVP Til I Puke with my Hunter main.  I will grab the bounty for the Mars strike and do it since I also need credit towards Bad Juju, but that will be the extent of his Vanguard duties tonight.

I swapped shifts with a co-worker tomorrow so when I get oft today at 4PM, I won't be back on exercise until 4PM tomorrow and I will be off duty at midnight.

It will make staying awake on Monday very interesting..

• Like 1

I unlocked the Phogoth bounty on my hunter thanks to finally doing all the story missions on the Moon so I will wait for you to do it since that will be another tick off your Bad Juju bounty

• Like 1

I unlocked the Phogoth bounty on my hunter thanks to finally doing all the story missions on the Moon so I will wait for you to do it since that will be another tick off your Bad Juju bounty

I am on board for that.  I should be online around 5PM this afternoon after I eat dinner. 

if you are not online, I will tool around with my Titan alt.