DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

The reward for cheesing him isn't even worth it. Whoop de doo, 2 spirit blooms. For us it was a time saver because we knew Atheon would be a huge pain in the butt.

That's not the chest you get for cheesing the Templar. That chest is always there.

Yeah - guess my gaming is done for the night.

Destiny caused my XBOX to lock up (again)

When I rebooted - I couldn't get back on XBOX Live

Of course - they kept claiming it was my modem.

Since everything else is working - I called bullshit. So I went to send JT a message via the XBOX live website... and got a giant error message saying "cannot connect to page"

So now I think it is them - not me

Ditto.  No connection to XBox Live but every other device in the house can see the internet. Looks like I am watching RAW tonight.

We were on such a run in the Crucible tonight.   If we hit the skids and I lose progress with Thorn, I am going to be pissed off.

I maxed out my Crucible marks for the week for my Hunter main, so i guess it is just as well that things crap out before the reset tomorrow.

I will get to bed at a decent hour for a change.

I always thought it was the spirit bloom chest. Which is the exploit chest?

After the spirit bloom chest it's the next one down. Through the crack in the wall. If you don't cheese the Templar or stop him from teleporting that one's not there.

After not playing since probably mid-October, I let a couple friends get me back on the game today. Went from 12-15 on my Warlock (meaning I can now explore subs for the other two), did the first two strikes and finally made it to Venus. No Crucible as the one female in the group has been more or less chased away by dickbadgers being horrid as soon as she talks in front of strangers. I'm still terrible at this game, but at least it no longer feels hopeless.

Well that's wacky

I go to the Cosmodrome this AM because one of the bounties is 200 sensormites.

I notice right away that there is a Major Hive Knight chasing around some Fallen (this is out in the open). 

I go over and kill it and suddenly I get the message "pick up relic" and BAM! I am carrying the Sword of Crota.

So yup - you run around for like 30 seconds slaughtering people with the sword.

And it clearly pops up all over the place because as I was fighting the Walker, some dude came charging through carrying the sword.

Yep, there are some events in zones tied to the Dark Below DLC.   There is an icon on the map where you can watch the latest trailer.

So, Bungie hates resource farmers.   You can exchange Marks for resources but you can't exchange resources for Marks / Rep / Glimmer anymore.  I also turned in three Vanguard Bounties and got a stack of 10 Relic Iron.

The game wants you to have plenty of resources for upgrading your weapons.  Almost too easy.

People who hate PvP will hate it because there goes their only means of getting Crucible rep.  I am a little annoyed because it was easier for me to turn in resources to top off a Crucible level than it was to slug through a Crucible bounty I hated  or wait for the next bounty refresh.

The new patch seems to have fixed some Grimoire cards.  Rippa noticed that he got the Mote of Light card after he retrieved one from his Vault.

I guess this means that I am going to have to *sigh* fight in Combined Arms to complete my Crucible Playlist set and suffer through Salvage or Skirmish until I get a match at the Burning Shrine so that I can unlock the Mercury base card.

Nightfall is the Nexus strike with solar burn.  Maxed Vision of Confluence, Icebreaker, and Hezen's Vengeance is gonna make this one really easy. 

Not to mention my Golden Gun and my fully ascended Gjallarhorn.

Lightswitch is in effect so that will make Minos and Vandals a little problematic.

So post patch, Bad Juju is pretty damn awesome now.  

I have seen thread pro and con at the Bungie board. Most people still hate using Pulse Rifles in PvP in favor of the spray n play game with Auto Rifles.

Those few brave souls that bring Pulse Rifles to PvP say that Red Death is much better since Bad Juju doesn't really hit its stride in the Crucible until after you ahve unlocked String of Curses. 

If you have access to PS content, then according to most serious PvPers the go-to Pulse Rifle is Monte Carlo or Praedyth's Timepiece.

I love the responses about how Praedyth's Timepiece is better than Bad Juju.  Of course it is since Legendary Raid weapons are fairly comparable to Exotics and Bad Juju had to be buffed.

Figured out how to refresh my stats in Destiny Tracker so that helped

Still missing 14 ghosts - which pisses me off since I thought my number was lower

There is a stat @ Destiny Tracker that tells you how many Dead Ghost you have revived total?

I know that I can look at the Grimoire cards I haven't unlocked, but is there a place that shows total DG's found vs total DG's missing?

Not exactly - I am figuring it out via my missing Ghost Fragment Grimoire Cards.

So you could also look that up on Bungie's site

Of course - there are apparently three ghost fragment cards that aren't attached to dead ghosts

All of my missing ghosts are either on Venus or Mars (with the exception of one ghost on the moon that apparently I have to jump off a cliff in the Circle of Bones to get)

Okay that is kinda awesome.  When I set the criteria to "show missing cards only," there aren't any cards there that are Ghost Fragments, so I guess that means that I really did find all of the Dead Ghosts currently in the game.

Went through a normal mode raid last night and it was probably the smoothest one I've done.  We had no wipes on the Gatekeepers or Atheon.  We wiped twice on the Templar battle trying to keep him from teleporting but decided to not bother with it and move on.  Then fucked around in the Gorgon maze trying to kill a Gorgon a few times.  Other than the two Templar wipes and our screwing around in the Gorgon maze I didn't die a legit death during the whole thing.  Took us 45 minutes.  Didn't get anything good though.  Just ascendant mats, chatterwhite, and another Hezen's Vengeance. 

And yeah the nightfall was extra easy with the solar burn.  Vision of confluence was a beast.  For the Nexus I popped a weapons of light bubble and emptied a mag from Hezens Vengeance and then a full mag from Icebreaker and he was gone in about a minute and a half. 

The only thing left for my main are the dailies and a hard mode raid. So I think I'm going to work on leveling up my alt this week which I created and then promptly did nothing with for a few weeks.  Once I get him to 20 I have a maxed out raid chest piece, raid boots, exotic helmet, and legendary gauntlets waiting for him in the vault.  Plus a bunch of weapons.  I think he's at level 6 right now.  Shouldn't take too long to level up to 20 I imagine. 

I think that Rippa and I jinx each other.   We had a pretty rough night in the Crucible so much that we resorted to Vanguard duties in order to feel productive.

After he left, I went into the Crucible to redeem myself and bam, 21 Kills and 6 Deaths.  Thorn EWB is now at 377 / 500 after taking a beating earlier in the evening.

I think I am going to do Control matches until I can't stand it tonight until I get Thorn.  Then I am going to get some work in with my Warlock so I can use his Vanguard Marks to buy Shadow Price for my Titan.

• Like 1