DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Oh, I am glad that they are increasing the level for Nightfall but that means that folks will need access to 30+ Light gear.   Making new purple gear available is a good direction but the added hurdle of Commendations is troubling.

I wouldn't have too much trouble with my Hunter main, but both of my alts would need gear makeovers.   I think that I will probably end up buying blue gear for my alts so that I swap out all of their Legendary / Exotic items, stick all of their Legendary / Exotics my Vault, delete my alts, and then tear down all of that gear for Ascendant Materials to use for my main's upgrades.

It would suck, but that would keep me from having to farm new Energy / Shards for my re-upgraded Exotics and new Legendary gear.

If Bungie sticks to the idea requiring players to level up both subclasses before getting access to the third, then I probably wouldn't make new alts unless I was really hurting for something to do.

And yeah, the Xyor the Unwed experience was very painful.  The only Arc Damage weapon I had on me was P&T and sniping Knights in close quarters was a suicidal proposition.  Thank God that Wizard-based enemies have Solar shields.  I think I pounded out Xyor and three Wizards with two or three rockets from Gjallarhorn.

Bungie has gotten stingy with the Sony exclusive content.  You guys got weapons, jumpships, armor sets (Argus Armor for Hunters = Win), and a strike at launch.  This time around, PS players are only getting an additional strike and one new exotic weapon.

Granted, it is a badass looking (if totally impractical) quad-barrel shotgun, but my epic journey to Thorn has shown me that I really suck with shotguns in PvP.

15740075670_1d0abd71ee_z.jpg

The exclusive strike looks pretty awesome, though.  ZOMBIE NEXUS~!

15307715593_f16989e7c1_z.jpg

That 4th Horseman looks awesome. I don't use shotguns much, but I wouldn't complain if that were to drop for me.

Also looking forward to the 2 new strikes. This game is fun but it's so small. It really should be more than 2 strikes though. And I don't mean just Sony Exclusives. 1 new strike for the Xbox players sounds really lame and I'd be pissed. 

Xur - the creepy bastard - is to the right as you go into the Tower Plaza

He has a Titan Helmet - so finally.

The weapon is Plan C again.

The exotic shard now replaces the exotic engram so I have no idea what I am going to spend my Motes of Light on now

This is also known as the weekend you shouldn't buy anything from Xur because he'll have all brand new loot next week.  Save your coins!

Also you might not want to spend any exotic shards yet- 

Nobody is clear on whether or not current exotics that you upgrade will upgrade in light level.  It's only been confirmed that they will be upgradeable in defensive stats.  Most likely they will be but it would be a damn shame to spend a precious exotic shard on something that could potentially be not worthwhile in a few days. 

Holy shot. He has gauntlets for a Hunter.

Yeah, I wear the Young Ahamkara's Spine and his version is +11 Discipline over mine because my old gauntlets came from an Engram, so I bought his and broke mine down.

It took all of this morning's Vanguard bounties to get myself back above Light 29, and I picked up four PvP bounties before I logged off this morning.  This evening will Crucible heavy for my Hunter.

I also bought the winged Warlock helm for my alt.

If someone wants to run the Weekly with me tonight, that would be super awesome.

This is also known as the weekend you shouldn't buy anything from Xur because he'll have all brand new loot next week. Save your coins!

Also you might not want to spend any exotic shards yet-

Nobody is clear on whether or not current exotics that you upgrade will upgrade in light level. It's only been confirmed that they will be upgradeable in defensive stats. Most likely they will be but it would be a damn shame to spend a precious exotic shard on something that could potentially be not worthwhile in a few days.

Unfortunately I need the gauntlets he has for sale this week to have a shot at hitting 30 by the 9th.

• Like 1

Nobody is clear on whether or not current exotics that you upgrade will upgrade in light level.  It's only been confirmed that they will be upgradeable in defensive stats.  Most likely they will be but it would be a damn shame to spend a precious exotic shard on something that could potentially be not worthwhile in a few days. 

From what I gather from the boards, Xur's upgrade will make your Exotics start off with 300 base damage and move you up to around 320 or 330.  Some players are debating if Xur's Exotics upgrades are even worth it if you have to suffer the re-grind.

Most players are going to be focusing on Vanguard and Crucible stuff to get those stupid Commendations and get the improved Legendary gear.

This is also known as the weekend you shouldn't buy anything from Xur because he'll have all brand new loot next week. Save your coins!

Also you might not want to spend any exotic shards yet-

Nobody is clear on whether or not current exotics that you upgrade will upgrade in light level. It's only been confirmed that they will be upgradeable in defensive stats. Most likely they will be but it would be a damn shame to spend a precious exotic shard on something that could potentially be not worthwhile in a few days.

Unfortunately I need the gauntlets he has for sale this week to have a shot at hitting 30 by the 9th.

What he said.   My engram version ha +84 Discipline and his version had +95.  Upgrade was a no-brainer.

From what I gather from the boards, Xur's upgrade will make your Exotics start off with 300 base damage and move you up to around 320 or 330.  Some players are debating if Xur's Exotics upgrades are even worth it if you have to suffer the re-grind.

Most players are going to be focusing on Vanguard and Crucible stuff to get those stupid Commendations and get the improved Legendary gear.

Yep that's what they've confirmed.  Which really doesn't mean much if the light level doesn't increase to 32.  Everyone is pretty sure that it will though but it's just not confirmed.  Plus if you're like Craig and it will get you to 30 and you have a bunch of strange coins there's no reason not to really.  A lot of people are just worried about wasting their coins is all. 

Craig I'm going to run the VoG on hard tonight if you're interested dude.  It will be 930 your time.  At least two of us will be level 30 so we should get through it no prob hopefully. 

A lot of people are just worried about wasting their coins is all.

Those things seem to fall like rain if you are just messing around gaming. It seemed like almost every third engram I get turns into a Mote of Light or a Strange Coin.

Problem is that Strange Coins and Motes of Light spend so quickly if Xur brings the right stuff to town.

Shit - totally forgot to see if Xur's Young Ahamkara's Spine are better than mine (I am assuming they will be since I too got mine via Engram).

Well that is one way to recoup an exotic shard.

JT - I can run the weekly with you. Fully upgraded Icebreaker with solar burn on. Yes Please!

Shit - totally forgot to see if Xur's Young Ahamkara's Spine are better than mine (I am assuming they will be since I too got mine via Engram).

Well that is one way to recoup an exotic shard.

JT - I can run the weekly with you. Fully upgraded Icebreaker with solar burn on. Yes Please!

That is what I did.  Xur's gaunts will have +95 when maxed and mine had +84 at max.  The base discipline for these new gaunts is better than the max discipline with my old Engram version.  Decision was easy.  

If Bungie confirms that upgraded exotic armor will get +32 Light then I will re-grind because it will be worth it.  I will hold onto the Exotic Shard I got from the old gaunds until after the re-roll.

And yeah, Fully ascended Gjallarhorn on the weekly with Solar Burn as the active skull?  I am all in.  I will work on Bad Juju... again... and pass the Pulse Rifle onto my Titan.  That will free up my Vanguard Marks to burn on a weapon I can break down for Ascendant Energy for upgrades for Legendary Weapons..

I have Grim Citizen III as the alt primary weapon for my Hunter, but my Warlock still needs to upgrade Light / Beware and The Swarm, and my Titan needs upgrades for Shadow Price.

I have three Exotic weapons (Thorn, Invective, Hard Light) and two Exotic armor pieces (Young Ahamkara's Spine, Light Beyond Nemesis) that will eventually need to be either fully ascended or upgraded by Xur for re-grind.

My new Titan helmet has flames that shoot out the top

It looks amazing with my God of War Shader

Oh, Jesus.  The one that syncs Death From Above / Headstrong / Fist of Havoc.

After all of these months you FINALLY found the piece of exotic Titan armor that best suits your gameplay..

My new Titan helmet has flames that shoot out the top

It looks amazing with my God of War Shader

Oh, Jesus.  The one that syncs Death From Above / Headstrong / Fist of Havoc.

After all of these months you FINALLY found the Titan armor that best suits your gameplay..

Oh yeah... did I forget to mention that part about the bonus to Fist of Havoc.

I may or may not be gaming sans pants

• Like 1

I will get used to averaging five kills per Crucible match because you are smashing people to pieces rather than herding them to my sniper's killzone.

My poor, poor Combat Rating.

Once it has the second tier perk, my new Warlock helmet will cause my Nova Bomb to generate more Orbs than usual.  I guess you will be wanting me to hit the Crucible with my alt rather than my main so that I can be your personal Orb of Light generator.

Speaking of shaders, Thunderdevil looks pretty rad with the Helm of Saint-14.  My armor has a metallic look to it.

Now I have to find a Titan mark that is not ugly.

I only had time to buy the new Titan helmet this morning but I've been watching YouTube videos of it at work and I am downright giddy to get home and play around with it

Yeah, once you get that helmet leveled up and we get you an Exotic weapon, life will be so much different for you especially if you get an Auto Rifle. 

If you have the Strange Coins, I would recommend getting either SUROS Regime or Hard Light if Xur is selling it..

I've got 16 strange coins left so I'll need to get a few more before next week and hope for good stuff from Xur.

A good legendary/exotic auto-rifle is exactly what I need. I've got my legendary fusion rifle and machine gun, but once I run out of everything except primary ammo it's like shooting spitballs at the higher level enemies I'm dealing with now.