DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

C'mon Bungie.  There is no reason not to have matchmaking for Raids at this point.  We have a voice chat feature.  Just get it done.

Raids are frustrating enough with people you know.  I am not sure if I want to go on one with other Blues and get yelled at by fifteen year olds because I am not killing Oracles fast enough.

Now, if we could have matchmaking for Daily and,Weekly Heroics, and Nightfalls, that would be something.

I figure they can do it so you only matchmake with certain level players.  Also, I mean...as you said, Raids are frustrating enough with just people you know.  Well I can deal with that instead of just having to constantly search for people to Raid with.  Dealing with that and the people who suddenly invite me can be just as frustrating, so on that level, I feel like having this extra layer to prevent matchmaking is basically pointless.

Farming helium filaments has made me remember why I never ever end up maxing out my stats in games like this - an hour of complete frustration yelling about how I have found dozens of goddamn spirit blooms on Venus but the Moon apparently spawns Helium once every hour in one location.

And that's when I realized after one more upgrade I'm going to have to go farming for Ascendant Shards too.  Urge to kill this morning is so high right now.

You can always ignore blind solicitation.   We join clans so that our friends can help us with shit when we are all online.

That being said, not everyone feels like doing the same stuff at the same time.  I know guys who are PvP fanatics and other people who wouldn't step foot in the Crucible or bump up Daily / Weekly difficulty levels if their lives depended on it.

That's why the Daily and Weekly should have matchmaking. 

Nightfall Strikes are a whole different animal.  Like Raids, they can be super frustrating so i wouldn't want matchmaking used there.  Blues are under no obligation to stay in the game and I don't have time to restart the Strike every time someone up and rage quit.

Farming helium filaments has made me remember why I never ever end up maxing out my stats in games like this - an hour of complete frustration yelling about how I have found dozens of goddamn spirit blooms on Venus but the Moon apparently spawns Helium once every hour in one location.

And that's when I realized after one more upgrade I'm going to have to go farming for Ascendant Shards too.  Urge to kill this morning is so high right now.

This is why we do the Daily on the hardest difficulty every chance we get.   The days of free Ascension Materials with every Gold Tier showing in a Public Event are almost over once you are in your late teens.  You will be lucky to get materials once every five PE's.

This is why we do the Daily on the hardest difficulty every chance we get.   The days of free Ascension Materials with every Gold Tier showing in a Public Event are almost over once you are in your late teens.  You will be lucky to get materials once every five PE's.

Oh man don't even get me started on public events.  I ended up silvering one this morning because the fucker who was in there with me would fire one shot and then run away and hide while I was left to try to murder everything myself.

I was one captain away from completing the third wave when I ran out of time.

Hit Level 20 - was a little disappointed that I only jumped to Level 22

Part of that is I had two exotics.

I am wearing the gauntlets because the helmet is designed for a blade dancer - which I am not (for now..)

God - fuck you Xur

This week the creepy bastard is next to the Crucible Quartermatster (same spot he was in a couple of weeks ago)

Fucker has Plan C - which I already have. And the fucking engram is a gauntlet engram.

So much for getting to Level 30 in the next week

I'm low on Strange Coins now (16) so I'm happy with Xur not having anything I want. Anyone else reminded of the Resident Evil 4 merchant when Xur comes around?

I finished the raid on hard a few nights ago, but my loot was pretty bad. My third Hezen's Revenge, and the raid Sparrow. Just glad I got the trophy for it though.

Dicking around with my lowly hunter and i just happened to get to the divide with 3 minutes left in the walker event. Cheap gold achievement.

Earlier today, i showed up and the event started within 2 minutes.

However, the third time took maybe 35 minutes. But that let me get my precision bounty.

Did the raid on hard mode tonight. Got the helmet which is awesome because I can quit wearing this shitty exotic striker helmet and go back to my discipline build. Got the sparrow as well. Other than that it was just energies which is fine because I certainly need them.

• Like 2

I've become pretty stout as well. Which side is more difficult to you? I say Mars because of the hobgoblins. They aren't grouped together and while you are trying to smash two of them the other one will snipe you and it can get dicey. Venus is easy because it's just goblins and a single minotaur. So on Mars I have a person shoot at one of the hobgoblins so they go into their shield while I take out the other two without the third one sniping me.

Yeah I agree but have a good strategy for the minotaur now.  I just go down to the right of the steps behind the pillar and they don't see me coming.  So I one hit smash the goblins and then it's just me and the minotaur.  Jump smash, avoid melee, smash, jump smash, done.  The hobgoblins are a bitch though sometimes for me but as long as a teammate can shoot just one of them to get them to put a shield up it works out. 

Now dealing with the Thorn EWB.  Trying to get the Void Damage in the Crucible part by doing Control matches..  More opportunities to kill other players.

So far the bounty has been pretty painful.  I have had my good matches and my bad matches and I always drop points in the EWB on maps that I hate like Bastion and First Light.  I prefer to get victories but right now I will be happy with not retrograding in the bounty progress.

I started warming up too late in one match to beat my personal best kill streak.  I maxed at 14 kills without dying before time ran out.  I got a Double Down / Machine Lord medal combo right at the end of regulation.

Well it is easier to do as either a Defender or Voidwalker. Which you are neither.

Yeah, I am not sure if the devs realized how problematic it would be for Arc and Solar damage classes to get this done.

If it were me, I'd have balanced out this part by making it 1K kills with Void Damage and taking out the Death penalty.

If any good has come of this, it is that my shotgun skills are improving.  I got my first Buskshot Bruiser medal last week and would've gotten one last night in that one match we were in on Firebase Delphy when I got that Double Down, but I messed up and instinctively reloaded.

I need 12 Ascendant Energies to fully upgrade Invisible Hand M7 and Joten's Hammer and 18 for Grim Citizen III.   I like that auto-rifle.  I am glad I decided to use it instead of TDYK as my alt primary.

I swear to God right now my biggest fight is my tedium with this game vs. being too lazy to put a new game in my 360

I have something to focus on now aka the Thorn EWB.  After that, things will get interesting.  If it weren't for the ruthless pursuit of Grimoire cards and the new DLC coming out in about a week, I'd probably quit playing Destiny for a while.

The other thing that kinda keeps me from transitioning back to GTA5, Skyrim, or (God forbid) taking one more crack at DA:O is that Destiny's control scheme is in my muscle memory.  I will probably get Franklin killed a lot by pushing the button that I think is for "take cover" when it really isn't.