DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Oh shit, that's right. I forgot about poor Marty. 

Marty just composed the opening theme song though, right? 

The incidental music in the game is okay but not up to Marty's standards.

Destiny forums are ablaze.  Did XBL get DDoSed again today?

I wouldn't say poor Marty...he won in court and got his stock back.  I get what you're saying though, that was pretty messed up

I am now a proud owner of the mythical mythoclast.

;)

It's a good thing I didn't try to run the raid with you last night.

I got hit with multiple animals last night within minutes of you hoping over to your other group

Stupid anteater

The Templar battle is the hardest part for sure in my opinion so yeah post patch I think it's more difficult.

The best strategy from what I've gathered seems to be everyone stays up top except for the relic holder. Relic holder helps down below with the two hard to see oracles in the back and it also helps if there's a Titan up top who can drop a weapons of light bubble when he can. You just need to have a relic holder who can stay alive.

The raid only gives glimmer on the gatekeeper phase for some reason. Always been like that.

I am now a proud owner of the mythical mythoclast.

;)

It's a good thing I didn't try to run the raid with you last night.

I got hit with multiple animals last night within minutes of you hoping over to your other group

My connection was stable but I bounced out around 10PM on to go and watch the Hendricks - Lawler fight at BW3. 

I got back around Midnight and was asleep a half hour later. Mis's post about getting the Mythicast was made at two in the morning. I am pretty sure I would've passed out in the middle of that raid.

Tooled around mostly with my alts this morning.  Finally finished the story missions with my Warlock and leveled up his helmet to get him up to Light 29. I wanted to unlock the Infusion perk for the helm.

I may start stockpiling Exotic Shards so that I can regrind all of my character's Exotic gear if the community consensus is that the new stats are worth the effort..  I definitely want to invest in new Legendary gear to get my folks up to Light 30.

It may get to the point where I have to *sigh* get the Nightfall / Weekly / Daily done for each of my characters to get the Ascendant materials required for future Legendary upgrades.  I am not sure I have the patience for that.

This is the strategy I use -

When fighting atheon, once the team comes back through the gate have the relic holder jump to the center platform immediately and pop the cleansing bubble.  Everyone else jumps in said bubble and snipes atheon, preferably with icebreaker.  We were teleported three times last night, I ran relic all three times and I got the mythoclast out of it.  

Atheon can not shoot I to the bubble, however you can be killed by splash damage on the little barrier deal at the left.  The relic holder HAS to keep that bubble up, and everyone should scatter as soon as times vengeance is up.  Probably should scatter with 1 second left.

I wouldn't mind having someone pop weapons of light at the back of the platform, or maybe right outside the gate so as soon as everyone comes out they get the weapons of light bonus.  If done correctly, hell it may be possible to smoke that fool within two teleports. I do 15k+with my icebreaker with weapons of light during times vengeance.  By the time I fire 6 rounds, two have regenerated.  

Man I just got an invite to help some people on atheon on hard mode.  I needed to do the full raid, but I jumped in because I wanted a shot at the mythoclast and or gjallerhorn...I probably didn't spell that right. I either got lucky or rewarded for helping others through that hadn't done it.

To be honest, the team I tried to take through the easy raid last night couldn't cut it.  People kept fucking up.  One guy fell to the supplicants, one wants to do his own thing, and would not follow direction.  Two or three times when I wasn't teleported, no one picked up the relic.

Easy raid is easy now, not working as a cohesive unit, not following direction, being a douche...that makes it hard.

Yeah I always pop weapons of light at the back of the platform. If I don't get teleported I go pop it before they come out. Also for the relic holder it makes it easier if you cleanse the other two when there are two oracles left and then you leave before they're finished and go to the platform and bring the shield up. Makes it more organized and efficient at doing the most damage to atheon.

A guy I was playing hard mode with was planning on going through the normal raid with a buddy soon. Just the two of them. Hunter and warlock.

So, yeah.  The mythical "third subclass" slot is not really for a third subclass.

As per Tyson Green, Destiny's lead designer:

"The reason why there's that third subclass slot there, is that some people may recall that we used to have a mechanism for sealing a build and locking your choices in, which would give your build a boost," Green says. "The game would let you make another copy of that build. That's what the slot is there for. When you needed to make a copy of your arc titan build because you just locked the other one, we had to make room for that. So that's why the third slot is there."

So the blank third placeholder was supposed to be used for us set the abilities for one of our subclasses, clone the build, and have alternate Bladedancer or Gunslinger build we could swap to that was pre-prepped.

We can't use the slot yet because the feature is still under development.

Green goes on further to imply that a third sub-class may be created in future content, but that we shouldn't expect it.

"It shouldn't be read as a tacit promise, but the fact that subclasses are swappable should make players excited about the future."

Got to play the Undying Mind strike at PSX.

The strike is basically a backwards run through the Black Garden.  Mobs of Vex.  It's a pretty straightforward gauntlet type run. Also got to use the Dragon's Breath for the demo which was a lot of fun.

• Like 2

The Daily Mission is The Dark Within so it is a fucking gift.  Do it on 28 with all of your alts.

The new DLC drops tomorrow.  Hopefully it will come online early so I can run the download while I am at work.

Realizing I accidentally broke down my 30 light chest plate is not how I wanted to start my am

The vendors better start selling those fuckers

I cannot believe you did not notice.  You would have heard my screams of anger miles away.

Bungie hates Hunters and Gunslingers in particular.  I think the awesomeness of the Young Ahamkara's Spine gaunts were an apology to the worthlessness of Gunslinger abilities like Circle of Life. 

I have yet to meet a player that has time to fucking throw a knife when GG is active.

• Like 1

I LOVE throwing knives. I selected the perks that give me two knives, but also automatically reload my knife if I land a headshot with it. That's probably worthless in PvP (haven't tried it there), but in PvE, I can go through segments where I'm not even firing my gun because the knife is usually a one-hit kill and all I'm doing is throwing daggers like a magician.

Is the Season Pass still available for purchase if you haven't bought it yet, or are they capitalizing on us procrastinators and discontinuing it?

Also, I actually had some fun in Crucible on Saturday. I played with the first group of guys ever who weren't chatting via mic and learned that you actually have to band together and swarm all three posts to dominate.

I racked up my fair share of Fusion Rifle Kills, scored my first killstreak, and even landed a triple kill out of that performance.

• Like 1

I LOVE throwing knives. I selected the perks that give me two knives, but also automatically reload my knife if I land a headshot with it. That's probably worthless in PvP (haven't tried it there), but in PvE, I can go through segments where I'm not even firing my gun because the knife is usually a one-hit kill and all I'm doing is throwing daggers like a magician.

Gambler's Dagger / Knife Juggler build has some worth in PvP.  Most players charge straight at you because expect you to only carry one knife, so they are pretty shocked when the second knife follows almost immediately behind it. 

In PvP, most Gunslingers use Incendiary Knife for the DoT.

Circle of Life is equally worthless in PvP and PvE.  There is no need to have to extend your GG duration by scoring a headshot with a Throwing Knife when Combustion can make entire groups of enemies explode when one is hit by the GG.

Circle of Life needs to be replaced with a perk that reduces the cooldown rate on Throwing Knives so that we can throw them more often.  That would make it as attractive as Incendiary Blade or Knife Juggler.

Now I am sad Phil.

Finally online since my building's network crashed this AM

Yeah - I discovered it this AM when I was finishing upgrading my exotic helmet.

I was like "Okay - now I just need 6 shards for my gauntlets for Level 30!" and then I looked and was like "hmmm... this seems low"

So I thought I might have missed an upgrade - that is when I noticed my fully upgraded chest armor was only Light 27

I think what must have happened is I had three legendary chest armors that all looked EXACTLY the same. So I must have broken down the Level 30 when I meant to break down the two Level 27s

Since I had completely overhauled what I was wearing - I didn't notice till this AM

I am probably going to pass out for an hour or so after I eat dinner tonight.  I might be on by 7PM.

There is a Vanguard bounty open for Sekrion and I am going to hit that up tonight since I also need strikes done towards Bad Juju.

I also have two outstanding Crucible bounties left over from yesterday.

Downloaded the DLC. To show how much they already had put on the disk or preloaded - the download itself was only 108 KB

The weekly and nightfall this week is the new strike so if you don't get the DLC you are shit out of luck this week it appears if you need to do anything regarding the Weekly/Nightfall