DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

The Urn seems to be like an EWB

I bought the urn.

That turned into killing 25 Thralls with solar Fusion rifle

That turned into having to melee 5 cursed Thralls

I don't know how many steps nor what the final reward is

Can someone clarify this for me? So Xur can only re-upgrade a weapon if it's one he has available. The only one I have in his current stock is the Last Word (mine is not maxed out at 300). However, it was grayed out for me so I couldn't upgrade it. But mine wasn't equipped. Does your gun need to be maxed out at 300 already for you to re-upgrade it, or does it just need to be equipped?

I just don't know whether to try using the Last Word now, or wait another week to see what Xur can re-upgrade (hopefully Monte Carlo)

You just have to have it equipped.  Doesn't need to be maxed out.  If I were you I would upgrade whatever he has available of yours.  You don't know if he will end up having the item available again.  It's just glimmer and exotic shards. 

And what is the story with this Urn bounty?  I also have it in my queue

I hear it's a pain in the dick but to get it done as soon as you can because the next part involves Xur again apparently. 

So I'm going to be upgrading the Armamentarium chest piece, Thorn, Suros, and Icebreaker.  I'll also be spending my motes on the helmet engram and buying the Truth.  I already have Truth but I'll spend the coins to get the one with max damage.  I've had Truth since the first time Xur sold it and if you're on the fence about it, get it.  It's definitely worth it.  It's absolutely a beast in PvP and you have guaranteed kills as long as you can pull the trigger.  It's also a beast anytime there's a Nightfall with void burn. 

I'm going to be doing some serious glimmer farming tonight! Only have about 15k right now and that's going to be gone with a quickness. 

The Urn seems to be like an EWB

I bought the urn.

That turned into killing 25 Thralls with solar Fusion rifle

That turned into having to melee 5 cursed Thralls

I don't know how many steps nor what the final reward is

Damn, another EWB.  I still have ten strikes to get done before Xur leaves tomorrow..

I have an Exotic Shard in the Vault and I have enough strange coins to purchase two more.  I am going to put priority on re-grinding my gauntlets, Patience & Time, and Gjallarhorn.  I will re-grind Last Word and Thorn later on.

Maybe some day I will finally get to start upgrading my alts.

There is a thread on the Urn bounty on the Destiny boards:

The reward is a pair of Legendary gauntlets and some other stuff and not the Necrochasim rifle that players expected.

I may be abandoning this bounty depending on how stubborn I am about completing all DLC stuff.

Yeah - I have been reading the Reddit thread about it.

Apparently Urzok is virtually impossible to beat solo

Also folks have learned that Eris will hand out EWB - though they are the same ones everyone already does. Like I have seen a lot of folks doing Super Good Advice again

OH!

And Throwing Knives DON'T COUNT as melees against the cursed thrall.

Folks have been learning that the hard way. There is something about "being bathed in their light" in the text

I hear it's a pain in the dick but to get it done as soon as you can because the next part involves Xur again apparently. 

Yup - you get your reward from Xur so if you are going to do this it needs to be now.

And I too need it to start raining glimmer

• Like 1

OH!

And Throwing Knives DON'T COUNT as melees against the cursed thrall.

Folks have been learning that the hard way. There is something about "being bathed in their light" in the text

That is total bullshit.  They give Gunslinger throwing knives but apparently don't want us to use them.  They don't work in this bounty and the IB melee bounty only counts for close quarters melee kills.

I have Exotic gauntlets, so there is no real reason for me to do this dumb bounty.  I could get it done and shred the gaunts for the shards to upgrade my other armor pieces, but there are easier ways to get shards.

Thanks for clarifying, glfpunk. I ended up re-upgrading the Last Word. 28 strange coins left.

Iron Banner is coming back next week. Not sure if I'll bite though. Will wait to see what's available, I guess. After spending so much time getting rank 5 on IB a couple weeks back, I've had no desire to return to Crucible. 

Guest The Magnificent 7

Help me out here...Destiny mainly got disappointing, middling reviews but you all seem to be loving it going by the activity in this thread.  Is this game a must have?  What makes you keep playing it day after day? Keep in mind I love Halo, so I usually trust Bungie.  Thinking of getting this for Xbone with Christmas money.

Thanks for clarifying, glfpunk. I ended up re-upgrading the Last Word. 28 strange coins left.

Iron Banner is coming back next week. Not sure if I'll bite though. Will wait to see what's available, I guess. After spending so much time getting rank 5 on IB a couple weeks back, I've had no desire to return to Crucible. 

I am the opposite.  Totally stoked for return of IB since we have clan members and friends in associate clans on 360 that actually know how to win IB matches.

That and if Saladin still reforges IB weapons, it should re-spec my Jotun's Hammer to the new upgraded specs for purple weapons.

That would save me the trouble of doing bounties and grinding Crucible / Vanguard rank to earn marks and commendations for a new Legendary HW..

Rippa could also get the IB gaunts and boots for his Titan reforged..  That would stop a lot of the MY IB EVENT ARMOR IS NOW GARBAGE moaning on the Bungie forums..

Destiny is mega frustrating, Bungie loves to make decisions that look like they fuck you over, and shit can be really, really difficult and glitchy.

DESPITE ALL OF THAT...it's oddly addicting and satisfying, even with a somewhat shallow loot pool. I guess it depends on what you want to do. If you're mainly into a solo'ing experience, I would say you may not like it. Then again, I'm a little like that, but I really love playing co-op on Destiny.

The tough thing too is that Bungie seems to design this shit with co-op in mind, but they make it hard at times to find people to play with. You basically need to use a third party website to find groups or play with people on your friendslist.

If you're really into multiplayer PvE, leveling up, finding loot, PvP Halo multiplayer type shit, then you'll probably like it.

Help me out here...Destiny mainly got disappointing, middling reviews but you all seem to be loving it going by the activity in this thread.  Is this game a must have?  What makes you keep playing it day after day? Keep in mind I love Halo, so I usually trust Bungie.  Thinking of getting this for Xbone with Christmas money.

Honestly - I think it really depends on your personality.

If I had something else that I really really wanted to play (say Dragon Age Inquisition) I would have stopped playing by now.

But it really really plays into my OCD/achiever side - so I am constantly playing just to accomplish the small things. (This was the similar reason I played ME3 multiplayer for so long)

Destiny is a much better game if you have folks to play with. So the fact that I was able to hook up with folks on here to play made it WAY easier to stick with it too.

Apparently the Combined Arms maps (First Light & Bastion) were removed from the Crucible playlist and rumors are that they will be bundled into either a temporary or permanent Combined Arms playlist.

There is alot of wailing and gnashing of teeth at the Bungie boards.

I have seen Eris's Hunter-centric bounty for today. Yeah, she hates Hunters.  I need to do this bounty BEFORE I re-grind P&T..

I wonder if a lot of things that we complain about are actually the result of Activision and not Bungie.

Overall it's an awesome game and does a bunch of stuff in this one game that other games do not do. It's not my all time favorite but it is addicting in a way that other games have not been for me.

If iron banner will have armor that is 36 light, I'm all fucking in. I also have not played a single game of crucible since the last event so it will be nice to get back in it.

If iron banner will have armor that is 36 light, I'm all fucking in. I also have not played a single game of crucible since the last event so it will be nice to get back in it.

If Saladin re-forges old IB items into gear with upgraded specs per the DLC, there will be a lot of people that were happy that they held onto their old IB gear.

I would be one of those people.  If Saladin reforges my Jotun's Hammer and gives it stats comparable to a current raid weapon, I may pass out.

I am the opposite.  Totally stoked for return of IB since we have clan members and friends in associate clans on 360 that actually know how to win IB matches.

That and if Saladin still reforges IB weapons, it should re-spec my Jotun's Hammer to the new upgraded specs for purple weapons.

I am also crossing my fingers that Saladin's reforge will boost the weapons with the new higher damage specs. If that's the case, I'd reforge all 4 of the IB guns (at least I think there are only 4). If it's a more complicated process, I'll settle on reforging the Scout Rifle. Really hoping for that.

And yeah, despite my dread, count me in for 36 light gear as well (if it's available)

Destiny is a much better game if you have folks to play with. So the fact that I was able to hook up with folks on here to play made it WAY easier to stick with it too.

Yep, this is pretty much why I really like Destiny and play it often. I play with personal friends I don't get to see anymore, which makes grinding and missions a breeze when we team up. If not for that, I would have probably sold the game because the single player experience is very weak. There are a lot of things about this game I don't like. But what I do like is enough to keep me on board.

Shit I almost forgot to post my experience from last night-

Was doing some bounties and the daily with a couple buddies.  One of them had to go so it was just me and one other guy.  Another friend joins the fireteam and asks if we can come help him with a group he was with doing the Vault on normal mode.  They were noobs he was trying to help through on their first time.  They had apparently gotten to Atheon and just mightily struggled to the point a couple guys quit.  So we said absolutely and joined them.  Killed that bastard in only two trips through the portal.  I didn't get sent through either time, killed some supplicants and went to the center platform before they came out and put up my weapons of light bubble in the back both times.  Was the quickest and easiest I'd seen it done legitimately.  I know that a fully armed and maxed group with Gjallerhorns killed him in one go but never the less I thought it was pretty impressive. 

• Like 2

Regarding VoG, I find it funny that it looks like Bungie forget to bump up the Exotic drops there because they're all for the old level cap. Anywhere else an Exotic item drops, it's for the new cap.

Someone on reddit had a funny answer as to why: VoG exists "out of time" so it stands to reason that weapons from there wouldn't be as advanced as the current time's weapons are.

Oh, and the one nice thing about Crota's End from last night, despite the 3 hour long ass kicking it was where we only got up to the witches, was that I landed the gauntlets from it, which is slightly annoying because I just bought those Exotic gauntlets last weekend.

• Like 2

Just keep the raid gauntlets you got (I'm assuming they're 36 light) and break one or two of the others you have down. Those shards you get from breaking them down will come in handy whenever you get the right gear (other than the Raid gear I guess :'( ). Gonna try that Urn quest today and tomorrow, I guess.

EDIT: Wait, I think I misread. Are the gauntlets you got yesterday legendary or exotic? If you have two sets of exotics now, at least you'll get a exotic shard out of it. But yeah, I guess I'd be bummed if I just used 20+ strange coins last week.

My Against All Odds machine gun is fully maxed out at 331 damage. If any of the baddies in Crota's End take Arc damage, then I'll be ready for them.