DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Xur was very good to me this morning.

Really glad I didn't buy the new Truth last week cause I just re-rolled my old one. Also re-rolled Monte Carlo, and the Multitool. Might hold off on re-rolling the Super Good Advice as I don't really use it. Still had 37 strange coins left so I bought a couple of Heavy synthesis. 

Used motes to buy 2 helmet engrams. Keeping one, and broke one down for the shard.

I actually broke down my Multitool a day or two ago because I got a Legendary Scout Rifle that had better stats/perks and I don't use scout rifles THAT often. (Looking at my Bungie account now - the Scout Rifle is the Crusader I)

So of course - now I could have re-rolled it

That being said - I got two exotic shards when I broke it down so I am very happy with that deal.

I think I am going to break down one of my Icebreakers - since I can replace it with P&T - and then I don't have to worry about getting the strange coins needed to buy more from Xur

Yeah, I wouldn't feel too bad. You're probably better off with the shard anyway. I haven't scoped out the new Legendary Scout Rifles, but I felt there were two purple Scouts that were better than the old Multitool. The Crusader I was my primary of choice for a very long time.  

Yeah, I wouldn't feel too bad. You're probably better off with the shard anyway. I haven't scoped out the new Legendary Scout Rifles, but I felt there were two purple Scouts that were better than the old Multitool. The Crusader I was my primary of choice for a very long time.  

I got an RNG version of Another NitC from an upgraded Blue engram that is an absolute beast.  The perks on Rippa's Crusader are obscene.

• Like 1

Too bad that you actually have to read the Grimoire to appreciate the flashes of brilliance in the storyline.

Here is the Ghost Fragment that tells us about the Guardian we find dead on the Moon.

" At the doors to the Temple he fell for the last time. He fell, and I could not reach him.

My own Light flickers.

They took me down into the dark, past tiers of massed Hive, more than we believed could exist. Past grisly nurseries hung with pupae. Past writhing worms that they swallow whole. I saw the armaments of war.

I am weak, so weak.

They have clamped me to this spire while a black foulness eats my Light. The Wizard comes now and then to probe with her scaly claws into my systems, to inquire about my making, the City, what I have seen. I erase and dump as quickly as I can - they will learn little from me - but I am studying them, I know - pain.

Always pain.

I have seen chasms beneath the surface, falling away to green nothingness. I have seen black seeders prepared for invasion.

Their strength is not their own. They draw from another force, something that corrupts, that distorts, that eats and will not be satisfied.

The Wizard is near. I feel her presence as a rip and a knot in the world. She tells me things that I immediately forget. I am too small to hold the vastness of them, or the terror.

I am fading. I have no more that it can take.

With my last light I say to the City: War comes again from the Moon. This time they want Earth. Prepare."

I can't wait to do the really awesome side mission where you set up a memorial to honor his bravery....

...no..

...wait...

That's in Mass Effect 2.

• Like 1

I have been killed at least 3 or 4 times by the start of a public event. I now hide out in a bunker or something similar.

Rippa never does PE's if he has the Get 9K EXP Without Dying bounty in his queue.  No matter how hard he tries, he always gets killed.

IIRC one time he had that bounty and he was pulped by the Warsat when it crashed on the moon.  You could hear the primal scream for miles.

My worst death on the way to 9000 experience was on the moon. I was piloting my Tumbler around a corner, but was going to fast and flew off a cliff.

Ditto

And mine was when I was less than 500 XP away

I got a Badger CCL RNG on the first day of the DLC and I like it a lot.  But I find myself still using my VoC quite a bit and even though it's 300 attack I don't notice a dropoff.  It's just an awesome gun.  And  lot of the Crota vids I've seen in guides and tutorials show people using the VoC still as well.  Would be cool if Bungie came up with a way to upgrade the VoG raid weapons to 331 attack though. 

yes. i rarely sell anything. (i mean, i still have my dreamcast.)

i thought about playing the other day, but i had borrowed nhl 15 from the library, so i was playing that.

i suspect i will be doing little playing once i start 2200-0730 sched after holiday shutdown. mostly sleep. :)

He spawns in skywatch sometimes as his own event and sometimes in the public event that spawns there. His shield is just stupid. I hit him with round after round from the plan c and it barely budges. Three rounds from gjallarhorn did absolutely nothing. Fatebringer does nothing. It makes me think he might be broken right now.

Yeah, I helped my friend out with Urzak a few days ago. I had a maxed out arc Against All Odds which helped a little but wasn't enough to solo it. There was a random guy in the Skywatch who was there so the 3 of us got it done. It took just a few minutes but it wasn't easy.

• Like 1

I did get Urzok down. Tried again and there was a full fire team waiting over there to help. I read some on it and he does glitch sometimes where his shield doesn't deplete no matter what.

So I finished the urn quest and got the motes of light that I needed and ended up getting a helmet for my class it just wasn't the one I wanted. It was the shitty striker one. I've been looking for the Saint 14 for forever now.