DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Fucking Xur. I buy an exotic helmet and Patience and Time from him. Then I think, "hey, use your motes for the exotic Engram." For the first time, that turned into a helmet for my hunter. Some symbiote helmet that looks pretty fucking creepy and had better extras than the helmet I just used SCs for.

I feel like hitting 31 should be easy and if I could just get a new awesome primary weapon that did 331 damage, then I'll really feel badass.

I just hit 31 this morning with my Titan

One more set of Shards and all that equipment will be fully upgraded.

I realized that I was an idiot and should have taken Plan C to grind the Pocket Infinity EWB.

Of course as soon as I went to do another run - I got lionfish. Which was a new one for me

The new vendor primaries are really underwhelming.  I got a Badger CCL scout rifle from a drop and it's pretty decent and also got Time on Target pulse rifle from a drop.  It's a pulse rifle...That said, I find myself using my Vision of Confluence and Fatebringer still more often than either of the new guns.  The scout rifle does do more damage than the VoC  but the rate of fire is much slower.  So going through a magazine I'm going to take enemies down quicker with the VoC still and on top of that the VoC holds 27 in the mag versus 14 for the Badger.  I'd roll with the Crucible handcannon if I got one in a drop but still there's something special about the Fatebringer causing enemies to explode from precision kills.  Shoot one thrall in the head and the rest around them die from the explosion.  Same for acolytes.  

Did the VoG on hard last night with a random group to try and get the Mythoclast.  These guys knew what they were doing.  The whole fireteam was 31 and one guy was damn near leveled to 32.  Opened the vault no prob, no deaths on Confluxes, took Oracles down one go, and Templar was a piece of cake.  Get to gatekeepers and one person went in each portal at the same time and solo'd each side, then all went to the middle and killed everything with a quickness.  Two portal trips from Atheon and he was down.  Did not get the Vex though.  Got all energies/shards, the fucking sparrow again, and another helmet.  

I always find myself going back to my maxed out VoC. I guess that does 300 damage so it's not a big deal to find a new primary at the moment. VoC was a beast in the Daily I solo'd last night. Wasn't in trouble much. P&T is also quite devastating, even at a low level. I'm hoping I can run CE before the reset.

Well I just got the weirdest glitch

Went to the tower and when I got there it was completely empty.

I am not talking I was the only player there - NOTHING was there.

No players. No vendors. Nothing.

It was a scene straight out of 28 Days Later

I witnessed the Crota cheese method last night.  I got into a random group starting the raid.  There were two guys who had never done it before and one who had never beaten Crota before.  The main guy wanted to cheese Crota and I gave him a bunch of shit for it and talked him out of it.  He didn't even want to fight the deathsinger and just leave past it and use another guy's Crota checkpoint, talked him out of that too.  So we fought Crota for a little while and it was apparent we weren't going to beat him because the new guys kept dying and people couldn't kill the oversoul.  So the main guy said he only had a few minutes left so we did the cheese.  Even though it's a cheese it's still a pain in the ass.

The person that disconnects has to be the host.  So since I had already beaten it I said I'd disconnect because it didn't matter if I joined them back in time.  So we had to go back to orbit and I had to start the raid by myself and they had to join on me so it guaranteed I was the host.  Then to disconnect you can't just quit the game or leave the fireteam, you have to go into your network settings menu and uncheck the "connect to the internet" box once Crota loses his shield and starts to kneel down.  Because you're in the menu you have to just do it when someone says.  So the first time we did it, it worked and he stayed down but for some reason all but one other guy got disconnected and you can't kill Crota in one go with the sword so while he was down the one guy left died trying to kill the next swordbearer so we all had to start over and do it again.  Tried again and one other dude just died at the start so we wiped again.  Third time worked though.  I disconnected and Crota stayed down and they killed him.  I think it's pretty weak though and the battle itself is pretty fun to try and get timing down. 

Failed yet again to get past Crota in the raid again.  Lot of Raid members flaking out.  We had a good run and strategy going, but our team member with the sword got blasted by Crota right before the last assault to kill him.  

Not sure if this is accurate, but the team members said it was glitching and Crota would not take a knee when he should.  Like he would take the knee after he would kill the team member with the sword.

Just beat Crota for the first time. We only had to wipe once. It took less than 10 minutes (no cheesing). All of us were 31 and 4 of the guys were already experienced in beating him so it was pretty smooth. Got the ship, the Blackhammer sniper rifle, a shader, emblem and shards. Already got the chest piece when I tried it earlier this week, so I'm crossing my fingers for the gauntlets and/or boots when the game resets on Tuesday. 

By Wed, I'll have the Eidolon's Ally. 

• Like 1

I usually don't use sniper rifles, and I haven't looked at the specs but I was told it's a great weapon. I'll give my fusion rifles a rest for a while, to give this a shot.

My friend got that new exotic primary sniper rifle, but isn't too thrilled with it. Looks cool though. 

Finally beat my first Crota's End raid.  The sword bearer attacker was totally on point and we got it done quickly.  And that was even with one of the group members dying so we have to shoot at the giant eye so we don't get wiped.

Didn't get any armor, but I did get the rocket launcher, the emblem and the shader.  So that's something at least.  Usually when I do VOG, I only get like one of those type of things after beating Atheon.

• Like 2

The first time you beat Crota you are guaranteed the shader, emblem, and a weapon.  Don't be surprised if you beat it again and get mats lol.  The key to beating him is obviously timing but I think within that is making sure the dps team isn't going crazy with rockets.  You want to bring his shield down steadily and predictably so that you can time your jump with the sword.  I've done it a bunch where people just get silly with rockets and he's kneeling down before the sword holder is able to get to him and then they only get one hit in or something like that. 

• Like 1

Beat Crota's End again this morning. Got gauntlets, mats and a second black hammer.

Now I just need the boots.

Played with an old GTA buddy and his clan, but they just wanted to use exploits, so I experienced the disconnect glitch. Honestly, it took longer than beating Crota the proper way. Gonna do the raid with my usual group next week hopefully.

• Like 1

The first time you beat Crota you are guaranteed the shader, emblem, and a weapon.  Don't be surprised if you beat it again and get mats lol.  The key to beating him is obviously timing but I think within that is making sure the dps team isn't going crazy with rockets.  You want to bring his shield down steadily and predictably so that you can time your jump with the sword.  I've done it a bunch where people just get silly with rockets and he's kneeling down before the sword holder is able to get to him and then they only get one hit in or something like that. 

I think you are correct.  He really only needs like 2 or 3 rockets at most.  If he gets spammed with more, I think that does mess up the timing of his dropping to his knee.

Just finished a glorious Crota's End raid with the same group I beat it with last night before the reset.  One of our members did a cheese thing on the first part with the lights so he did it by himself while we just messed around and grabbed the first chest.  In the second part, I was able to make the mad dash and got into the door before it closed for the second chest.  Raid time was less than an hour.

Got the level 36 gloves, so I'm pretty pumped about that, and I got another legendary rocket launcher.  So with the gloves and my exotic 36 chest piece, all I needs is a new helmet and boots from the raid.  My hope is to get level 32 before House of Wolves comes out.  

• Like 2

Goddammit. We gave CE another shot last night and got past the witches, but then we kept fucking up on Crota. Actually, I should say that the biggest dick in our group who I can't stand kept fucking up. First, we were getting Crota's shield down too fast on the first couple tries. Then we had the timing figured out, but our sword carrier shithead would either stick by Crota for too long or he would head towards the towers to get rocketed to death instead of dropping back down. If it wasn't that, it was a bunch of other excuses.

As for the room you start out in, do you guys usually clear out the mobs on the left and right? And what about the knights in those two towers? We also couldn't attack Crota when he would be on the left or right.

• Like 1

We take out the mobs in the beginning. Then most of us take the left side by the stairs where we can share the chalice, take down the knights in the tower, the swordbearer + blast Crota. Those knights in the tower must be taken out.

The Black Hammer is pretty OP once you get the first perk. I was head shotting the Archon Priest with unlimited rounds and staggering him with each hit. 

I was hoping the Eidolon Ally would have better impact. The rate of fire is pretty great. So far it's okay. Didn't really look into the stats beforehand. My Murmur is also finally maxed out. Getting to rank 3 in Eris' class for the runed core and embalming orb was my goal for the week, so I may take a bit of a Xmas break.

• Like 1