DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Boo!  I smoked 3 of Crota's Blades this morning and no drop. 

I did the old slash and pray during the Sword of Crota story mission to get the Kill 7 Hive Really Really Fast With Melee Attacks bounty (took me two attempts) and found a sniper spot on the Moon near the Hellmouth where I can get the Kill Hive From Behind bounty fairly easily. 

I got my last From Behind Kill by doing the old head fake and then rushing around cover the other way and blasted an Acolyte right in the spine with my shotgun.

I finally beat Crota last night.  The mechanic is pretty simple and the enemies aren't overwhelming but it just takes perfect timing and communication and it really punishes your team when anyone dies.  Got the emblem, shader, shards, and Swordbreaker raid shotgun. 

• Like 1

Good on ya!  I have heard that Swordbreaker is a totally sweet shotgun.  Has anyone gotten The 4th Horseman yet?

Didn't PvP much yesterday.  I took a pretty horrible assbeating on a Control match on Shores of Time and redeemed myself by being the Number 2 Killer in a Control match on Firebase Delphi.

Irony:  In the match on Firebase Delphi, we had a player on our team with the gamertag ViolentGirl12 and she was anything but violent.  2 kills - 5 deaths and she quit early.  Welcome to Avoid List, young lady. 

When I did the nightfall the other day my buddy got the 4th horseman. From what I've read, it's terrible though.

That makes me sad.  In theory, those perks should mesh well, but the range on that thing really stinks. 

It is a weapon made for a Titan who has the defense to survive getting in close.

God damn. LFG really is a bitch when it comes to raiding.

I really wanted to raid last night, but the usual six of us couldn't all be on at the same time, although that didn't stop those fuckers from going without me on Tuesday. Anyway, so I get into a group for a fresh CE run. Holy shit. The guy running it couldn't have been a bigger dick. Some of what he was explaining made sense, like for that first part you stick together and just run your asses off straight to the second lantern, debuff and mow down the thralls chasing you. Then someone calls out where the next lantern is and you rinse and repeat. Then when you get to the end, someone, preferably a Hunter, needs to stay alive to cross the bridge. Reason being is that the Hunter can pop his blade dancer ability and fly right across the bridge as soon as the bridge forms.

The problem was that he would speed through those instructions so fucking fast and just be like, "GO GO GO!" I fell in a hole once. One fucking time. And he was pissed about it. He acted the same when someone got blown up by exploders. Meanwhile, on every other try we had, because we would wipe if one or two guys died, he was always the first to get blown up or fall into a hole and then blame others. We eventually made and then moved onto the bridge part. We cheesed that and went to the other side. Also, this whole time he's being a bossy prick. Anyway, he starts getting pissy again saying someone fucked up because we didn't get the chest. Then he's like, "You know what, fuck it. If we all don't have GGhorns and Icebreakers, there's no point in continuing." And like that we were done. So infuriating because he's the prototypical asshole on Bungie who is like, "naw bro, if you don't have GGhorn, Icebreaker, Fatebringer, etc. etc. etc." then don't play with us. It was not a fun experience at all.

I at least got the raid boots and enough radiant shards to upgrade the first shard bubble on my raid gauntlets.

At this point, I really needed ascendant shards because the Nightfall and Weekly gave me fuck all. So I found a group for VoG and NONE of those guys ever ran VoG before, meanwhile their ad on LFG mentioned that they were experienced and just needed two more for a quick run. So the other guy who joined and me were the only ones actually experienced. Me and the other guy discovered this when the rest of the team knew nothing about stopping the Vex from sacrificing themselves. Somehow we made it past that part, but the Oracles part turned into a real treat. We tried coaching the original four, but it was no use. The other experienced guy dropped and one of the original four had connection issues. At that point we gave up.

Ugh. So all in all, I have all of my gear ready to go for upgrades, I just need...Shit...I need 35 radiant shards for my current gauntlets and boots. Meanwhile, I still need 14 ascendant shards to max out my helmet. Since raid gear seems to drop pretty quickly, I'll probably just hold off until I complete CE. If I can get a raid helm or chest piece, then I can hope for Xur to have the other needed item for sale so I can work my way up to 32.

And I FINALLY did some Iron Banner shit. I missed out the last two (or is it three) times. In the second game, right as soon as it started, it felt like some fuckery was afoot. Two of the guys on that team already had their special ready to go. I don't even know how that's possible. Then, before heavy ammo even dropped, 4 or 5 of the guys were mowing our team down with machine guns. I don't like to cry about cheating, but something didn't seem right. The rest of the experience was largely the same as regular old Crucible.

Shit Craig, I saw you were on and doing the raid.  I assumed you were with your usual group.  We were down a man to start with and then a guy that joined in left because he talked all this shit about how good he was at Crota but kept getting killed so he dipped out of embarrassment lol. 

Before Crota we did a speed run through the VoG on normal with only five of us.  We finished the confluxes with five and then a guy finally joined in.  I'll be doing the VoG on hard soon, maybe tonight even.  So if you're down to get some ascendant mats and don't have your normal group, you're always welcome.  We usually only have 4 or 5 and have to go find a random member or two. 

J.T. apparently on the 4th horseman, the real life range is even worse than the stats suggest.  You apparently have to be right up on top of the enemy to use the gun.  Surely it will be buffed and adjusted at some point. 

I completely forgot to mention- I'm level 31 but still wear my old raid helmet.  So I've been accumulating marks so that I could buy a vanguard helmet this week which won't really make a difference, it will just get me to about an eighth of the way to 32 but when I turned in some bounties I leveled up my vanguard and in the package was a helmet! Marks saved.  Gonna save a little more for a weapon now I suppose.  Don't need armor at all anymore. 

Looking forward to Xurday tomorrow. 

I am also looking forward to Xurday.  I still have P&T and Gjallarhorn left to re-roll.  I also have to chat with him to get next stage of Bad Juju.

Also, I am dumb.  I cannot forget that I will need a fusion rifle to do the Nightfall part of Shattered Memory Fragments, so i will either have to get one from Vanguard / Crucible quartermasters or try to swap out the pre-DLC one one on my Warlock alt.

Hopefully I can get all of that running around and weapon switching done before reset on Tuesday.  Summoning Pits is the current Nightfall Strike for the week and I should be able to cheese 200 fusion rifle kills out of that strike.

That is where I did that bounty

Too bad we can trade gear because I have about 6 Fusion Rifles now that are either Legendary or Exotic.

I realized that I am going to miss an entire week of Destiny - but more importantly Xur (Christmas travelling with have me gone from Tuesday - Monday)

So now I am convinced he will offer every single exotic item that I need to re-roll

Also, I am dumb.  I cannot forget that I will need a fusion rifle to do the Nightfall part of Shattered Memory Fragments, so i will either have to get one from Vanguard / Crucible quartermasters or try to swap out the pre-DLC one one on my Warlock alt.

Do you not have the Murmur fusion rifle from Eris?

Do you not have the Murmur fusion rifle from Eris?

I wasn't thrilled with the stats so I shredded it thinking I would get the Energies and use them for the Vanquisher I want to get.   The damage toggle is nice, but Grenadier and Kneepads are perks that work better for a shotgun.   They are kinda useless for a fusion rifle, IMO..

Shredding the rifle was shortsighted since Murmur returned no Ascendant Materials when I disassembled it.  Stupid game.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck. glfpunk, I looked to see if you were online before I did my deep dive with LFG and didn't see you online. Granted, I tooled around with a couple dudes from my usual group, helping them out with stuff while I cleared out some bounties, so I'm sure I looked at one point, didn't see you, and then went forward with LFG without checking again.

I most likely will be online tonight, but I'm not sure when.

Well it is easy enough to run the stories with an alt and then just move Murmur over.

Yep.  I have two Level 29 alts that still haven't run the DLC story missions.  If I really wanted Murmur for my main, I could get it.

Fusion rifles are really the best weapon in the game to me.

They have long range and they are powerful.  Only drawback is the charge.  I used to only use the shotguns in Crucible, but I find fusion rifles are way more effective in getting you more kills and more assists.  ARs just seem to do no damage at all for me in Crucible.

I like using the shotguns for missions, patrol, strikes and what have you.  I like the 4th Horseman.  I like that it's strong and shoots almost full automatic, but its range like most other shotguns suck.  Hand cannons are alright, but IMHO their accuracy sucks.  Trying to aim them while an enemy mows you down feels pointless.  I find the Murmur is best for aiming at guys and taking them out. 

I like the 4th Horseman but I've just been using it to screw around and don't see myself focusing on it. It's super powerful, but I like to shoot from a distance for the most part.

Like TheVileOne, the fusion rile is my go-to secondary weapon. So far I have 3 of them at 330 damage, all 3 damage types.

• Like 1

Xur - the creepy bastard - is standing in front of those doors that go no where on the Speaker side of the Tower.

The only exotic (at least that I remember) that he had last week to re-roll that is available again is Thorn.

He is selling Patience and Time.

So looks like I will be buying P&T and then if I can scrape together enough coin - getting both Thorn and Plan C

Oh I forgot that I could technically re-roll the Truth - but since I bought it at Xur last week I am not sure there is any need to.

This AM was not a good time for me to attempt the 9000 XP without dying.

Granted I kept doing stupid stuff like

OH THE WALKER! LET ME GO GIVE IT A HUG!

Or be over in the Rubicon Wastes, throw a grenade at my feet thus taking away my shields and then going OH! A COLOSSUS! LET ME GO GIVE IT A HUG!

Nah, if you bought the Truth last week you got the upgraded version.  Nothing to re-roll. 

The big plus for me is that he has heavy ammo synth available again. 

The only other thing for me is the upgrade of Plan C.  It's a great gun, def. going to upgrade that mofo. 

I see that he has Ruin Wings for sale again.  I guess this is another Armamentarium scenario. 

Fusion rifles are really the best weapon in the game to me.

They have long range and they are powerful.  Only drawback is the charge.  I used to only use the shotguns in Crucible, but I find fusion rifles are way more effective in getting you more kills and more assists.  ARs just seem to do no damage at all for me in Crucible.

I like using the shotguns for missions, patrol, strikes and what have you.  I like the 4th Horseman.  I like that it's strong and shoots almost full automatic, but its range like most other shotguns suck.  Hand cannons are alright, but IMHO their accuracy sucks.  Trying to aim them while an enemy mows you down feels pointless.  I find the Murmur is best for aiming at guys and taking them out. 

What AR are you using in the Crucible?  I am using a pre-DLC Grim Citizen III and I put up decent numbers.  I am stoked about eventually getting the Vanquisher VIII from New Monarchy.  It has the best perk synergy of any current AR, IMO.  That will be my PvP weapon once it is fully ascended.

I have over 1K kills with Hand Cannons in the Crucible.  They are strictly mid-range weapons.  Their accuracy is just fine, but most people don't account for the recoil.  Aim for the neck and your shot will carry up to the head and anywhere near the vicinity of the head is almost a certain headshot kill 

As far as perks go, I almost always use Single Point Sling or Perfect Balance in PvP.  Being able to lateral while looking down the iron sights or dampen recoil is key to staying on target.  Any range extenders like Send It are also nice.

I am happy to announce that I got my Legendary beast jumpship yesterday.  The Ticktock Inquisitor is fucking huge.

Xur had no re-rolls for me, nor was I terribly interested in anything he was selling.  I bought an Exotic Engram, got the same Warlock helmet my alt already has, and then shredded it for the Exotic Shard.

I wondered why Xur was surrounded by Titans this morning and then saw that he had Ruin Wings for sale.