DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Two of my Destiny comrades are super burned out potheads. It can get annoying.

My last two Crota drops have been great. Now that I only need boots left, I know my drops will be abysmal.

Got Dragon's Breath this morning after just jumping on to get the first Raid chest.

• Like 1

Did the nightfall which is Omnigul with solar burn.  Got 7 strange coins...I guess that's better than the 5 strange coins I got last week.  I did at least pick up a primary weapon legendary engram during it though.  It turned into a shitty pulse rifle with the exact same perks as the shitty pulse rifle I already have though.  So I've got that going for me.  

My alt is at level 17 right now.  I hope I can get it to 20 today.  Have no friends on to help level through story missions so it will be a grind fest.  

For the Nightfall, two weeks ago I got nothing period and last week I got two blue weapons and nothing else. One of my buddies received not a fucking thing last week too, so it isn't just me.

For the Weekly, I've only received Marks and Rep the last two weeks.

Just did the nightfall. I got an exotic hunter helm (that I already had for my alt) so I broke it down for the shard. I have 3 exotic shards now, which will come in handy. This was my first exotic drop from a nightfall. 

For the Nightfall, two weeks ago I got nothing period and last week I got two blue weapons and nothing else. One of my buddies received not a fucking thing last week too, so it isn't just me.

For the Weekly, I've only received Marks and Rep the last two weeks.

Whoa. That doesn't sound right at all. Never heard of this problem. Crazy.

I have heard of it but it normally is because the person is online at the time of the reset.  So they do the event and get nothing.  But if you log off and then back on, you should be able to do the event again for rewards.  If you are always logged on, that would explain it.  Outside of that, I don't have a clue.  The nightfall guarantees legendary or exotic rewards which includes strange coins and mats.  The weekly heroic guarantees a set amount of strange coins per difficulty level.  If you aren't getting these rewards and it isn't due to the reason I posted, I would contact bungie because something is broken.  

• Like 1

The first time I thought I just missed what I received and when I checked, I received nothing. No armor, weapons, engrams, shards, energies or SCs. The second time, the post-fight screen showed I received two blue weapons. When I checked my inventory, same thing. Nothing else other than those items. The first time it happened my friends thought I just missed it or didn't keep track or my inventory, until it happened to one of my friends in my group, and now it's like, "oh, ok, yeah, this is a thing."

I think I'm just cursed and now it's spreading.

I thought about contacting Bungie too, but I don't even know what they could do to rectify it and I just don't want to waste my time reporting it when nothing will probably happen. I'll also admit that I'm being lazy hoping the same thing would happen to others and they would raise a fuss, then I could chime in and say, "me too." Yeah, I know that isn't exactly smart.

I do know that they respond to people and fix issues. There have been plenty of people who have had everything in their vault just disappear and they've rectified it. All of this data is stored. They should be able to see exactly what rewards you received and give you the correct rewards.

They're quick to respond on the Bungie #help forum. You can sign in using your PSN/Xbox account, I think. Good luck.

I did the Raid earlier and got a second pair of gloves. :( Knew I wouldn't get the boots.

Also got the raid fusion rifle. I forget what its called. Didn't really look at the specs either. Hope it's decent.

I at least feel lucky that I got a mostly full set of CE raid gear. I don't have the helmet, but I do have an exotic helmet that I already fully upgraded. Now I only need a shitload of Radiant shards, as in, I've only done one raid gear upgrade requiring Radiant shards, so I probably need 50 or so more Radiant shards.

• Like 1

Nice. I have gotten mostly energies so far. Have upgraded my raid gauntlets all except the last bubble. Finally got my alt to 20 so I will at least get to do the raid twice this week to increase my chances. I think I'm going to create a warlock tomorrow.

All the raid gear is pretty nice though. I'm gonna stick with my Exotic helmet, but you're at least a guaranteed level 32 as long as you keep collecting shards.

I focus on my 31 Warlock, but I have a 29 Hunter and 27 Titan. Right now, my alts are just there for that first easy Crota chest with shards or energy (and the occasional Exotic gun). Because of that, my Warlock's chest armor is maxed out, and my gloves need 1 or 2 more upgrades.

I could just delete my Titan and create another Warlock to double my raid gear chances for those boots, but that is way too much work at this point. Pretty soon, I won't have all the free time I had these past couple of months. I do want to hit 32 though.

I can't get with a group competent enough to beat Crota. After quite a while we decided on some cheese. These fucks couldn't even cheese him correctly. Three times I disconnected and rejoined the group to a successful cheese. Only for someone to die for a stupid reason and then them not kill the over soul. Horrible.

I did get the chest piece at least and gauntlets for the fourth time. The other good thing is the materials I got were shards and not energies.

Gotta be honest. This did not prove to be the game that changed my mind on fps games as a genre. Or, really, first person games in general.

Think I'm gonna punt on it, trade it in for twenty bucks store credit at Game Traders and pick up a couple of the PS3 Assassin's Creed games.

I can't get with a group competent enough to beat Crota. After quite a while we decided on some cheese. These fucks couldn't even cheese him correctly. Three times I disconnected and rejoined the group to a successful cheese. Only for someone to die for a stupid reason and then them not kill the over soul. Horrible.

I did get the chest piece at least and gauntlets for the fourth time. The other good thing is the materials I got were shards and not energies.

That's been experience too. Everyone takes forever to drop the swordbearer or they die hitting Crota or people forget to keep sniping the tower Knights. Part of me also thinks cheesing Crota is an actual mechanic. Like you have to make a sacrifice to the guy.

Didn't come across any of that.  

I did manage to go back and beat Crota today.  Got in with a group that knew what they were doing.  Only took a few tries because the guy with the sword kept getting greedy and going for four hits and Crota would kill him when he got up.  The way they did it though seemed simple.  Nobody started taking down Crota's shield until he got in position.  Then when he said ready we all fired off a rocket and he would jump.  Crota's shield would go down and he'd kneel when the guy got there.  A couple of times the guy moved too fast which I didn't think was possible.  We were just coming out of the rooms finishing off the enemies from the original spawn and he already went and got the chalice and killed the swordbearer and said ready and jumped.  We weren't all in position to fire rockets yet.  

I do have a better understanding now of all these people with an abundance of materials and coins.  Alts make a big difference. 

It's fine doing it with your first alt, especially if your high leveled friends are willing to help you crush through it on harder difficulties (and if you saved any alt. legendary/exotic gear drops you might have gotten with your primary character). But going through the story with my 3rd character felt like a huge chore. I do like getting a feel for every class (although I still think Warlocks are the best). Lately I've been taking advantage of having an alt, by running the weekly again for coins. 

I ended up beating Crota again last night but with my 29 Hunter and got the raid fusion rifle again + boots I broke down. We pulled off the disconnect glitch on our first try, but I did play with people who pretty much only use exploits and are super experienced with it. I'm sure timing for the actual disconnect is a problem for most people trying it. 

I also raided today with 3 dudes who are level 32. Didn't need drops, just did it to show another friend the ropes. Took us maybe 30 minutes or maybe less to do the whole raid the proper way. From what I saw, being 32 makes a tremendous difference.

• Like 1