DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Goddammit. We gave CE another shot last night and got past the witches, but then we kept fucking up on Crota. Actually, I should say that the biggest dick in our group who I can't stand kept fucking up. First, we were getting Crota's shield down too fast on the first couple tries. Then we had the timing figured out, but our sword carrier shithead would either stick by Crota for too long or he would head towards the towers to get rocketed to death instead of dropping back down. If it wasn't that, it was a bunch of other excuses.

As for the room you start out in, do you guys usually clear out the mobs on the left and right? And what about the knights in those two towers? We also couldn't attack Crota when he would be on the left or right.

Yeah in that starting room I go three guys left and three right. Have to take out those enemies.

Then all go to the left stairs like gold said. I like to have two people with icebreakers on sniper duty for the knights in the left tower and the inevitable Knight that will jump down in the bridge. Because you're on the left stairs you don't have to worry about the right tower.

Three guys will be on DPS duty to take crotas shield down steadily and predictably.

That leaves one guy as the sword guy. Once the shield is down to about a quarter left one of the DPS guys will shoot a rocket and that's when the sword guy jumps to crota. You get 3 hits with r2. Don't get greedy.

After two times of this you have to jump down to the middle back room and kill the ogres. Then one more run with the sword takes him out.

• Like 1

Goddammit. We gave CE another shot last night and got past the witches, but then we kept fucking up on Crota. Actually, I should say that the biggest dick in our group who I can't stand kept fucking up. First, we were getting Crota's shield down too fast on the first couple tries. Then we had the timing figured out, but our sword carrier shithead would either stick by Crota for too long or he would head towards the towers to get rocketed to death instead of dropping back down. If it wasn't that, it was a bunch of other excuses.

As for the room you start out in, do you guys usually clear out the mobs on the left and right? And what about the knights in those two towers? We also couldn't attack Crota when he would be on the left or right.

Here's the cheese thing we used for the first room/part.  Not really a glitch so much as an exploit.  While one of our guys was doing this we were able to just band together to grab the chest on the first part without incident.  

I fucking hate hackers.

I figure this lizard squad shit kinda evens itself out.  The absolute highlight of these pathetic fuckers lives came yesterday, and just about all of us still found a better way to celebrate Christmas than they did.

My own Christmas was a smaller affair than usual, but I spent it by going to church, helping my wife bake a pie, having lunch and doing the presents thing with my parents, exchanging presents with my wife, and working on last minute preparations for the impending baby.  Your average lizard most likely spent the day in a darkened, efficiency apartment alternating launching DDOS attacks with checking all his Twitter feeds in the desperate hope that someone somewhere would notice his great achievement and thereby validate his life for once.

• Like 3

Hell, when I re-roll my Gjallhorn...watch out!

As much as I hate the Lizard Squad constantly crashing the network, it begs the questions, why are Sony and PSN so insecure?

Just saying, hasn't PSN crashing been a thing for a while?  Why are the network and server so flimsy?

I've been wondering that too. The DDoS attacks have stopped, XBL has been back up, but PSN is still down. The fucking thing must be made out of balsa and rice paper. Honestly, it makes me question why I didn't get an Xbone.

• Like 2

If you don't have a ton of strange coins I wouldn't bother with No Land Beyond. It will probably get buffed at some point so if you have a surplus of coins it might be worth it to buy and stash it but otherwise the consensus is it's the worst gun in the game.

I might get it just for the grimoire card and then break it down for the shards.

I need to get online sometime and see what items are being re-rolled.

I already can hear JT screaming from here if he isn't back from Holiday vacation to buy Gjallarhorn

With PSN back up, I managed to get in some Destiny. Did the Nightfall in 12 minutes. The three of us having maxed out Atheons and 300+ snipers and launchers helped. Yay Void burn. Then I was rewarded with two blue engrams. Fucking Destiny. Hit level 31 too.

Finally hit lv20. I am still a terrible liability in most group content, but at least I made it. We will probably do my Black Garden tomorrow night. Meantime I need to farm Vanguard rep so I can buy some starter gear before I join a faction (I think knocking out all my PVE bounties SHOULD do it.)

Yeah, sound advice from punk. I made the mistake of blindly going into a faction on my first week of Destiny because my friend told me to join it "to buy a better gun", until I realized a week later that sticking with Vanguard for my play style was the way to go. You only level up in a faction with Crucible reputation, so I was getting a bunch of faction marks doing missions but no rep.

It makes sense if you identify something specific they have that you want.  Like New Monarchy and the Vanquisher VIII for me.  You can put their class item on and gain faction rep for all of the vanguard stuff that you do but in order to buy the armor or weapon you have to spend crucible marks which require actual crucible play.  3 marks for a win and 2 marks for a loss in crucible.  So to get the 150 marks for a gun, that could take a while if you're not really a PvP guy.  

It's nice to have a variety of ways to play the game as in focused on PvE or PvP or even grinding out specific progress for grimoire completion etc. but damn if it isn't a bit lopsided in terms of time investment.  It can take all of 20 minutes or less sometimes to complete all vanguard bounties for the day.  It takes a really long time to complete all crucible bounties in a given day and takes longer to accrue crucible marks as well.   

• Like 1

Had to get the vault of glass in tonight before the reset.  It was three who were friends and three randoms.  It took way too long.  There's not much in the Atheon fight more frustrating than people not being able to kill oracles on time.  All you have to do is just shoot these stationary objects that spawn in the same locations every time.  Crazy.  But we finally finished.  For the whole raid I got a chest piece, Fatebringer, Hezen's Vengeance, Atheon's Epilogue, the sparrow, and mats.  I only do it anymore for the Mythoclast and all I ever get are multiples of these guns I already have. 

So I go to the tower and there's a message from the postmaster and apparently I got The Last Word exotic hand cannon also but didn't have anymore primary slots available to show it.  Only thing is it's 300 attack.  And I look down and it's just after midnight and I know Xur was supposed to leave at 10pm.  I knew he had The Last Word available for rexurbish this week.  But my buddy said dude he's still here so I guess it's 10pm pacific time that he was supposed to leave.  So I had to go hustle and get 4k glimmer for the upgrade but I made it with plenty of time to spare and now have a 331 attack TLW.  So I have 331 versions of all the exotic hand cannons now.  Glad I got this done before the reset.  

• Like 1

Beat Atheon in Vault of Glass again.  Got the gloves and Atheon's epilogue, which I was happy to get, and broke down the gloves for resources.  

It's worth doing the Vault of Glass again if you still need Ascendant Shards or Energy.  

Thankfully my team had guys who knew what they were doing for when Atheon teleports you.  I focused on killing the oracles, which was a lot easier after hitting level 30.  Our main guy with the relic knew how to use it properly and get us cleansed and shielded to blow up Atheon.

Finally beat Croat...with the cheese method sadly. My buddies and I failed to get this thing done last Tuesday, so I joined up with a group of dudes from LFG that turned out to be potheads who really sucked. They either weren't paying attention or they kept fucking up on Crota making really bad mistakes. At least five times one of the guys was like, "oh sorry man, I was spacing out again." So after TWO HOURS of that shit, I joined up with another group. At that point I didn't even care if we were cheesing Crota. 15 minutes later I finally beat Crota. It was just my luck that I wound up with the worst drop of the six of us in the group: Swordbreaker.

• Like 2

Yeah Swordbreaker is the only weapon I've got from him also. And last time I beat him everyone was getting all this cool shit- Song of Ir Ut, Black hammer, Icebreaker... And all I got was 2 radiant energies. RNG

The only piece of raid gear I've gotten are gauntlets... Three times.