DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

1800-0300 is nothing.

2200-0730 is a royal pain in the ass. Even more than 1800-0600.

Yeah, I remarked to Rippa today that 1800-0300 isn't quite as soul crushing at midnight to eight.  I still hate having my biorhythm thrown off to the point where all I want to do when I get home is eat and sleep.

I think getting home and goung to bed before the sun comes up is a key factor.

I dont like getting home at 0800.

I don't really fall asleep until 4AM and I only sleep for about four hours because my body automatically wants to be away at 8AM or so because that is the time I normally head off to work.  So I piddle around the house and either game or clean up until I get tired again around 1PM and sleep for another three hours before heading in for my shift.

I may quit Destiny. They're patching the game to once again make people play their way, as opposed to fixing shit that's broken or adding improvements to the experience. There's no reason to move that first chest in CE and ooh boy, level 32 exotics can drop in VoG. Big fucking deal. Everything in there should be level 32 or should break down into radiant shards/energy.

• Like 3

Yeah, I don't think that Bungie really analyzes the third and forth order of effect with their patches.  The Radiant Materials system really is horrible as was the elimination of Materials for Marks.

If you are going to make PvP the only way to earn Crucible marks and commendations, by eliminating Materials for Marks you've also limited access to joining factions since they only take Crucible marks in payment for their items. 

That really does screw over the PvE crowd that never has and never will set foot in the Crucible.

• Like 2

If I read the news correctly, they're not moving the first chest per se, they're removing the chance of an exotic drop to come out of the chest (which still sucks, don't get me wrong). The radiant materials will still be there though. Beating the witch will now give you the chance to get an exotic instead (plus armor, and more radiant materials). But that's if I'm reading it right. 

• The existing Pit treasure chest reward moved to killing Ir Yut, the Deathsinger. She has a chance to drop Exotic weapons and armor, class pieces, and Radiant materials.
  • The Pit treasure chest will now contain Radiant Materials. 
  •  

They should definitely fix the Crota fight exploit. I can't complain about that. Though, I do agree that Bungie should work way more on a lot of flaws that they flat out ignore + make things more fun. That exotic re-roll process is a mess and should totally get fixed. That's just one thing that should be improved. There are several other things. Several bugs they just don't care to address also. 

Kotaku actually did a badass re-review of the game that was 100% spot on.

Yep.  I read that and it was quite awesome.  This isn't quite Star Wars: TOR or Elder Scrolls Online levels of good ideas with horrible execution, but it is getting pretty close and edges in closer with every bad decision that Bungie makes..

I think it is funny that the company line of "Well, technically this isn't an MMO," is the excuse that Bungie uses to avoid the levels of customer service and regular content updates that players of games like WoW expect to see.

Xur - the creepy bastard - has fucking nothing this week.

Well nothing I need.

I mean - a third straight week for G-Horn - really???

Though I feel like someone around here needed to re-roll the Helm of Saint 14 so they will be pleased

For the life of me I can't understand why anyone would be upset at the Crota rewards. They added rewards for the Deathsinger. They just took the chance for an exotic and placed it there instead of the first chest which you have to admit is pretty cheesy to be able to get an exotic from there. I love the fact that they took away the Crota cheese. Adding top level to the exotics that drop in VoG is pretty awesome too.

The Crota rewards I'm not as annoyed with, but on the heels of Kotaku's re-review, they did the exact same shit they were just heavily criticized for. I'm fine with patching Crota so you need to beat him legit, but there's a myriad of other issues that they need to fix and haven't. Their priority remains making you play the game the Bungie way, not fixing the Atheon fight, not fixing the issue where your ammo packs don't give you ammo if you pop one and that part of your inventory has every slot full, not actually fixing some of the broken parts of the Crota fight, etc. We're now almost 4 months in and you still can't select a difficulty level for patrols to make them more challenging, we still have the same repetitive bounties, etc. And while giving you a 331 Exotic is nice and all, the bigger issue is making that gear go up to 36 light or breaking down into Radiant mats. I get not giving that gear on Normal mode, but Hard should drop higher level Radiant gear.

On Tuesdays, my girlfriend will hear me bitching with my friends as we're trying to beat Crota for the umpteenth time. She also hears lots of laughing and joking around. So she understands there's something I like, but she asked me the other day why I continue to play because it sounds like a lot of the game is a big middle finger to you. This is also coming from a girl who has no interest in video games, except something like Dance Central. I told her that if there were a monthly fee, I probably would have quit by now except there's no other experience like it and the potential for Bungie to live up to their promise is exciting. And then I thought more about it...It's not likely the game will ever be more than it is now, at least until Destiny 2 comes out years from now, so how exactly can Bungie keep people interested in Destiny for another two to three years? As for the subscription part, we are all paying for extended subscriptions basically. You figure WoW is $15 a month. Destiny, with it's two expansions, is $95. That pays for 6 months of this game. There's additional expansions on the horizons as well and unlike WoW, you can't skip out on an expansion, you're practically forced into buying it. So if I don't get the next expansion, I can't even play the game anymore or at least I miss out on some content that should be available to everyone, like Dailies, Weeklies and Nightfalls. That's pretty shitty. I'll keep playing it for now, but unless substantial changes are made to the game or Bungie's philosophy of keeping the game relevant, I can see myself playing this for much beyond the next expansion. I'm also sure I'm not the only person who feels like this. 

It's also infuriating to think that with CE being the only way to get Radiant mats that it will take about 5 to 6 more weeks or more to hit level 32 considering that you only get, what, 8 radiant mats total for the entire raid, or possibly 10 or 12 if you get 1 or 2 loot drops.

You also have to realize that they can't win in everyone's eyes. So many people complained about having to farm planet materials. So they took it out and gave you the ability to buy materials with marks. Awesome. Except that means doing away with trading in materials for crucible marks. Because if you allow that, that completely negates the entire crucible mark system and allows you to turn vanguard marks directly into crucible marks. So like J.T. mentioned, people complain about that.

People complain about the radiant material grind. If they made radiant mats easier to get, you're going to cap out quickly. Then what? Complain about that and the lack of content. "What the fuck bungie? I'm already 32 and house of wolves isn't out for two more months!"

There are a lot of options for them but all of them end with people bitching. I'm glad they fixed the Crota cheese, hope they fix the bridge cheese. Glad they fixed the Templar cheese as well. Also glad they took the chance of exotics out of that first Crota chest. The top tier weapons in the game shouldn't be that easy to obtain.

There's a lot of things they need to fix. Portal glitches in the Atheon fight for one, the heavy ammo glitch, the exotic trade-in system, the leveling system and the fact that vendors sell gear to get you to light 31 and the VoG drops light 30 gear diminishing it's importance. Upping the exotics to current level is a small step in the right direction.

Personally I would like to have seen the vendors sell gear that was light 30 and the VoG dropped light 31 gear. I understand why they did what they did because that would no doubt create a lot of bitching and whining as well but they shouldn't have let people just do patrols and strikes and just buy their way to level 31 without putting in the effort. They cheapened the system that way. All 31s are not created equal lol.

But I try to look at the big picture and not complain too much because it is a massive game with a lot going on and it's a game that gets updated and worked on almost weekly. Just because they aren't fixing the exact thing I want doesn't mean I'm not appreciative of the work they're consistently putting in.

This is what happens when you try to include everyone.

• Like 1

I got the two DLC Exotics I wanted out of that first chest. Doesn't really affect me. But it was by their design to be there in the first place. What were they expecting? That shouldn't have been an oversight to begin with. 

Deathsinger having a drop is exactly what everyone wanted. That's good. Fixing the Crota fight, the launch exploit, and the bridge next week is fine. Everyone should have expected it. Not gonna pretend I play Destiny "honorably" and with "video game integrity" 100% of the time, but raiding without exploits is always more fun. CE is still pretty quick if you're in there with a competent group.  

But they ignore a lot of the flaws and glitches that drive a lot of people to want to exploit the game as much as possible in the first place. I totally get people's frustrations with it. Since it's a game that gets updated and worked on almost weekly, there's no excuse for a lot of those glitches to still remain. But because those glitches don't exploit the game, it's not Bungie's priority. And that is a dick move. 

I don't really see this being a massive game with it being so repetitive. It's really fun, but it feels small to me. It was hyped to be a way bigger game than it actually is in its current form. Don't get me wrong, I still really like it. I just can't blame people for being super frustrated with it.

I have played the mortal shit out of this game since it dropped.  I bought two copies of it for the 360 so my kid could play.  I was on the mend for two months where the number of days I didn't play it during the first six weeks of which I could count on one hand.  The dlc they touted as an "expansion," which was not dlc or expansion since I didn't really download anything is what made me lose interest in it so much. 

That being said, for what it is, it's a good game.  It's a step in the right direction for fps to bridge the gap into something more like an rpg.  It was excellent until you've played everything a million times, there's not really any story to keep pulling you back in to it.  The best thing about Destiny is the co-op play, but there's other games that do that.  The multiplayer/crucible aspect is okay, Call of Duty is probably better at it (since that's all it does), and easier for me to find a team of six to play with.  That being said, bungie made this, the same company that made Halo...the game that actually made you want to play online multiplayer on a console.  I bought an xbox for Halo 2. 

I don't know what happened, I want to blame it on Activision....

Hell I just had the most fun I've had playing video games in 4 months last night playing GTA online with melraz and stout. 

• Like 1

I'm legit concerned my group won't beat Crota legit. We've done every other part legit, but on that last part, we're just not coordinated enough for whatever reason. We either take too long to kill the Swordbearer and Crota wanders away from the middle, people don't automatically realize they need to drop Crota a second time so the carry can get in two attacks on one sword, the carry either doesn't hit Crota enough or sticks around too long, the fuckers on tower duty don't take out the knights, people don't take out the Oversoul, or all of those. I think the biggest problem is one guy in our group who I can't stand. I can't stand him so much that I hesitate to ever invite glfpunk or anyone else from here into our group for raiding. He's just a dick and he's either blaming folks for shit he does three times as much or he's making excuses, like there being 5 or 6 of us gives Crota too much health, which I don't believe is true because I don't think raids scale to the amount of people in your party. And he's been a complete dick since Halo 2. I can't fucking stand him and I'm honestly puzzled as to why my best friend in the group, is even friends with him. He's also pulled shit like just abruptly quitting because we all didn't stop and listen to him. He's done that a bunch in Destiny and even more in DotA. 

I'm convinced that if his ass didn't show up on a Tuesday session, we could use LFG and get through CE with no problems.