DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Took my level 29 Hunter through Crotas End just now. Wasn't too bad. I don't think me being 29 was a liability, I didn't die a bunch or anything.

I got zero armor though which is what I really needed as I only have two pieces of legendary armor right now. And the guaranteed weapon I got was Hunger of Crota which I already have. Really wanted Black Hammer or Song of Ir Ut. Oh well, try again tomorrow after reset.

The main thing I don't like about bottom room is the distance you have to travel after getting the sword. But I'd like to try that strategy again since it's been so long since I did it that way.

Completed the urn quest and got the gauntlets which got me to 28. Now I just need to grind to rank 3 of iron banner to get the chest piece and then grind some strikes to get my marks up and buy some boots. Then it's just a matter of leveling everything up to get to 31. I need to get a legendary helmet though so I can wear my bladedancer exotic gauntlets.

The plan is on Tuesday to do the nightfall and weekly with my Titan alt and then delete it and make a Warlock to have one of each. I have a couple pieces of Warlock armor in the vault. I used to have an exotic helmet but I sharded it like a dummy.

might as well run the raid while you're at it

• Like 1

Too late now. Figured why wait and went ahead and deleted the second Titan to create a Warlock.

Played enough iron banner with the Hunter to get to rank 3 and get the chest piece. Then glimmer farmed for a while. I'd be level 30 if I had some more sapphire wire. Didn't feel like glimmer farming anymore to buy the armor to break down.

After I took the Hunter through Crota earlier I used the 5 shards I got to get my Titan to 32. Just in time for hard mode on Wednesday.

• Like 1

I've been playing Destiny for about 3 weeks now and you all seem to know what you're talking about so I'm wondering, is the expansion pass actually worth getting? And how much new content does it add? I'm not a fan of DLC, but I am tempted, only they are charging more for it than what the game costs!

Yeah, and it's really not even a question of whether it's worth getting or not.  You have to decide if you're going to be into the game or not and if so then you really need to get the DLC because they implement it in such a way that you need it sometimes to complete some of the more critical things.  A lot of times the daily heroic will be a DLC mission and there's been more than one time that the nightfall and weekly were from the DLC.  So non DLC owners can't even do that stuff on those instances which sucks.  You also can't achieve maximum rank without it.  If you don't want to get the DLC I'd say don't even bother with the game to be honest. 

The expansion pass for The Dark Below and House of Wolves which are two separate DLCs is $35.  $20 each if you buy them individually.  Destiny like all other games new was $60. 

And just to clarify - House of Wolves isn't out yet.

So if you get it - you only would be installing the base game and Dark Below (which isn't big since most of the content was on the disc already)

Somehow Xur managed to be even worse than last week.

G-horn for a 4 straight week????

Oh look I can buy Icebreaker - oh wait... I already have 3 of them.

Grr....

I was happy because I bought the Icebreaker for my Warlock alt and re-rolled his helmet.  Between that and the new Hard Light I earned via the IB asswhipping last week, my Warlock alt is getting some playtime.  I bought new chest armor for him last week and will have the VM's for new gaunts sometime today and boots later on this week.

I still need post DLC Heavy Weapons for my two alts and a post DLC secondary weapon for my Hunter main.

If you are not running Dragon Age tonight, I could use some help getting my Warlock through the last Crota's Bane story mission and eventually i will also need a battle buddy for the last Urn of Sacrifice mission.

We have gifts today.  The Daily Heroic Mission is the Last Array that you can do on the Hardest difficulty with almost zero effort and the Weekly / Nightfall Strike is The Summoning Pits which you can cheese with relative ease.  I am going to devote most of my time to getting my Warlock up to snuff, but if any of the 360 Crew wants to run Nightfall or the Daily tonight, I am all in and can break out my Hunter and my Titan (or both)..

There are two bounties for Control matches (Capture 10 Zones, Compete in 5 Matches) and Control also offers Bonus XP today, so I will be partaking in some PvP.

I still need post DLC Heavy Weapons for my two alts and a post DLC secondary weapon for my Hunter main

Wish I could give you some of mine.  I don't know what it is but ever since I was able to get legendary weapons way back when, this game has continually given me metric shit tons of heavy weapons.  I've dismantled more legendary rocket launchers than I care to count.  Just yesterday I was glimmer farming on exclusion zone and one of the cabal dropped a pretty purple orb.  Pick it up and it's a heavy weapon engram.  So naturally I'm hoping it's a heavy machine gun.  Ends up being a void Valedictorian for like the fifth time.  This rng can be a bitch sometimes. 

• Like 1

This rng can be a bitch sometimes. 

The last three Legendary Engrams I have gotten have been for Titan and Hunter armor I already had and the RNG stats blew goats.  I got a Legendary Scout Rifle from an upgraded Blue Engram but it fucking had Kneepads as a perk, so that also got shredded.

I was klnda worried that my Warlock alt would fall so far behind, that I'd end up shredding all of his gear and deleting him, but nabbing a new Hard Light after a short but wildly successful run in the IB with Rippa, a timely Legendary Sniper Rifle drop after a Vanguard promotion for my Titan, and using a stored VC on my Warlock for post DLC chest armor put him back on track.

I actually just got Zombie Apocalypse from a drop this weekend which was perfect since I was about to buy one for my Warlock.

Now I can use my marks to buy stuff to break down for materials

I actually just got Zombie Apocalypse from a drop this weekend which was perfect since I was about to buy one for my Warlock.

Now I can use my marks to buy stuff to break down for materials

Yeah, the game seems to sense my frustration and drops the right gear at the right time so that my OCD is engaged and I continue to play.

A week ago I was all, "Hey, GTA5 is right there," and now one miracle IB drop, the purchase of Ice Breaker, and an equipment re-roll later and I am now, "MUST UPGRADE WARLOCK ARMOR AT ALL COSTS~!"

I forgot to mention this the other day.  So I had seen a couple of things online and various opinions on the reasoning but it was posted that if you wait after you kill Crota- it's the same scenario from the VoG where it doesn't send you to orbit, but it actually does send you to orbit after a few minutes of waiting- it will send you to the rewards screen and this is an opportunity to be rewarded with an exotic item.  Most people called bullshit but a guy did post a video online that showed this happening.  They kill Crota and it lists the fireteam and their rewards on the left side of the screen and you don't see anyone get an exotic.  It eventually sends them to the rewards screen and he gets an exotic weapon.  So there were theories on it but none that really explained it.  So I waited the other day with just me and my buddy and sure as shit when it sent us to the rewards screen I got a Mida Multitool and we both noted that it was not in the rewards list that came up on screen.  My primary weapons slot wasn't full or anything either.  Two days ago when I did this with my Hunter me and a different friend waited around and he got a Plan C. 

So I don't know why this is and I don't know if we would have left if they would have still been rewarded to us but I'm waiting around from here on out. 

Well I've enjoyed it so far, it just seems like it's lacking in places, that's why I was looking into the expansion. The price is just hard to justify, the game cost £30 here and the expansion is £35 for what seems like a fraction of the content. I get that it had a £40-45 price point when it first came out but £35 for 2 expansions, and I assume more to buy as they become available, is an expensive game!

I also have to convince my friends I play with to spring for the dlc too!

Might wait till there are some offers on PS store credit to lessen the blow.

How long do you wait until the reward screen comes up? We played chalice tag for about 10 minutes once so does it take longer than that?

Also, Chalice Tag should be a Crucible game type.

Well I've enjoyed it so far, it just seems like it's lacking in places, that's why I was looking into the expansion. The price is just hard to justify, the game cost £30 here and the expansion is £35 for what seems like a fraction of the content. I get that it had a £40-45 price point when it first came out but £35 for 2 expansions, and I assume more to buy as they become available, is an expensive game!

I also have to convince my friends I play with to spring for the dlc too!

Might wait till there are some offers on PS store credit to lessen the blow.

Everyone should be getting a 10% discount code for PSN this weekend that lasts about a week. It's not much, but it's something. 

I personally wouldn't get the DLC unless your friends agree to get it too.

There is a patch that is going live today.

Raids 

Crota's End
  • Prepared Hard Mode for manual activation on Wednesday, January 21st
  • Updates on exact go-time will be given via Twitter after 10AM Pacific.

Bridge Encounter
  • Players are no longer able to de-spawn enemies after activating bridge plates and holding a specific spot

Crota Encounter
  • Fixed a rare issue that caused Crota to stop summoning Oversouls.

Looks like the Hard version of the Crota's End raid is going live tomorrow..

I just looked at my medals for my Hunter from the four IB matches I was in.  It figures that when I talk myself out of grabbing the Kill Ten Players Without Dying bounty from Saladin, I have a miracle run and go on an eleven player kill spree.

That would never happen if I tried to do that on purpose.

Did my first daily heroic since this was the first lv20 since I started checking every day. Got The Calming, which looks like it isn't anything special but it lets me stop using the purple sniper rifle I had been toting around (I suck at sniping, but it was that or a green secondary).

The Calming is good. And by the time you get to a higher level, you'll have better guns anyway. But that's not a bad gun to have. 

Warlock's raid helmet is so bad ass. My pals asked me to be the swordbearer again, so I logged on and we crushed Crota's End in a little less than 2 hours. Totally comfortable with the sword now. Now I have a full set of raid gear so I might try grinding again just to max out the helm + sunbreaker gauntlets. My break from grinding may have lasted 2 weeks, instead of 2 months. Destiny always finds a way to hook me when I wanna quit.

Rippa dragged my Warlock kicking and screaming to victory through the last DLC story mission.  I hunted down the three random Hive operators on my own and completed the Omnigul strike with one of the most cowardly Hunters in recent memory.

Ali I've got left to do DLC content wise for him is the Urn mission. 

13 VM's away from new Warlock boots. Soon all of my characters will be at 31 Light.

One of the blue engrams I got last night from PvP turned into a purple rocket launcher and I gave it to my Titan alt.  He is the first of my characters to have post DLC purple weapons and re-rolled or new exotics.  I still have to get my Hunter a post DLC secondary weapon and the Warlock needs a post DLC heavy weapon.