DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Xur - the creepy bastard - has fucking nothing this week.

Well nothing I need.

I mean - a third straight week for G-Horn - really???

Though I feel like someone around here needed to re-roll the Helm of Saint 14 so they will be pleased

That would be me.  I needed the Saint-14 re-roll for my Titan alt. 18 Shards away from Light 31 for the Titan.

And Yay! Eris had the easiest bounty ever today.  All you had to do was complete five bounties of any type. 

Xur had nothing I wanted this week other than the urn for Eris's gauntlets missions.  

Speaking of the urn mission, I was in the Blast waiting out Urzok the Hated when a trio of sub level eight lowbies came into the area.  When the Hive offensive from the Grotto hit, they ran around in a blind panic and then Urzok showed up and took all of them out.  Another Level 30 showed yo to help me with Urzok so now all I have to do is finish the mission on the moon. 

I'll do the mission during the week and wait until this coming Friday to chat with Xur and finish the mission.

And Yay! Eris had the easiest bounty ever today.  All you had to do was complete five bounties of any type. 

No it wasn't

You had to do them all in the same day - same day being on the game world.

I tired it this morning - did 8 patrols on the Cosmodrome and never got it because I didn't finish before the sun came up again.

I double dipped on the patrols and precision kills and knocked out two PvP bounties on my Hunter and rolled through five bounties on my Titan alt.  Had no issues getting five bounties in one game day done with my Titan.

Pissed off because I played a Control match on Skyshock and hated it.  Was prompted that I should've got a new Grimoire card but it is not in my deck.

New patch just added maps to the Crucible among other things.  My team just won a Control match on The Burning Shrine on Mercury.  I had 16 kills and a 2.67 KD, but was third in points did not get the captures because I was constantly being pinned down. 

I am thinking that Asylum and The Anomoly also got added to the big maps on Control / Clash.

*sigh*

Have to get ready for work now...

The patch notes:

Activity Rewards
  • Fixed an issue with Ascendant Materials no longer being a possible reward for Daily gold-tier public events
  • In addition to other potential rewards, Weekly Nightfall Strikes can now award 9 or more Strange Coins

PVP

Maps
  • Added to the rotation for Control, Clash, and Iron Banner* playlists:
    • The Anomaly
    • Asylum
    • The Burning Shrine
Iron Banner*
  • Starts 1AM PST, Tuesday, January 13th
  • Playlist weapon drops
    • Level 32 Sniper Rifle
    • Level 32 Auto Rifle
  • Gain event standing to earn Legendary gear
    • Level 32 Hand Cannon
    • Level 32 Rocket Launcher
    • Level 32 Gauntlets
    • Level 31 Chest

Weapons
  • On the Sniper Rifle, Black Hammer, the Hive Breaker upgrade has been disabled until it is fixed to play nicely with the White Nail upgrade

Raids

Vault of Glass
  • Exotic weapon drops (though still very infrequent) are now Level 32
Crota’s End
  • Rewards
    • Treasure chests now contain Radiant Materials
    • The existing Pit treasure chest reward has moved to killing Ir Yut, the Deathsinger
  • Pit Encounter
    • Pillars of Light no longer launch players into the air when they explode
  • Bridge Encounter
    • Players will now be required to cross the bridge in order to complete the bridge encounter
    • Players will now be required to wait for the bridge to be completed prior to crossing with the sword
  • Deathsinger Encounter
    • Fixed a rare case where the Shriekers would not spawn, preventing players from reaching the Deathsinger
    • The Deathsinger now has a chance to drop Exotic weapons and armor, class pieces, and Radiant materials
  • Crota Encounter
    • Two Swordbearers will no longer spawn at the same time at the outset of the encounter
    • Crota will now recover from his kneeling state after a player quits
    • Fixed a bug that allowed players to remove the “Presence of Crota” using a Radiance Warlock’s Fireborn ability
    • Fixed a bug that made the Oversoul appear destroyed to some players in a Fireteam when it was actually still active

Highlight in red is huge.  Vault of Glass is no longer the obsolete raid. 

I am happy that the Skirmish / Salvage / Rumble maps have been added to Clash & Control.  There really was no reason to keep those maps exclusive other than to make players compete in Rumble / Skirmish to collect the Grimoire cards.

Overall, I am really pleased with the hotfixes and system changes.  It figures that Timur's Lash will be available for purchase in the IB tournament now that I am no longer interested in buying one.

That VoG update is not as big as you think. Since it only affects exotics, you're still not going to see them drop enough for it to matter. VoG was relevant before CE. Now, there's no point to running VoG since it doesn't drop Radiant mats. You're better off buying new gear from a vendor and playing CE since the gear dropped in there is more relevant going forward.

There's no reason why VoG hard mode can't drop level 32 weapons at the very least considering level 32 weapons drop everywhere else. Shit, you can be a level 20, hit rank with Vanguard, and receive 3 level 32 legendary items like what happened to me.

If they wanted to make VoG slightly more relevant, they would offer a pre-level 20 mode to give those players a taste for raiding. Basically an equivalent of WoW's Scarlet Monastery.

Okay, so I hit level 24 over the weekend, but I feel like I've hit a wall in terms of progression until I hit vanguard level 2, and damn does it feel like it's taking an ETERNITY to get there. I'm running the strike playlists as best I can, but it sucks when every other time you try to do a level 24 strike, one of the dudes flakes out. I've been able to do Devil's Lair with 2 guys, but everything else really needs 3 mid-level guys.

That VoG update is not as big as you think. Since it only affects exotics, you're still not going to see them drop enough for it to matter. VoG was relevant before CE. Now, there's no point to running VoG since it doesn't drop Radiant mats. You're better off buying new gear from a vendor and playing CE since the gear dropped in there is more relevant going forward.

There's no reason why VoG hard mode can't drop level 32 weapons at the very least considering level 32 weapons drop everywhere else. Shit, you can be a level 20, hit rank with Vanguard, and receive 3 level 32 legendary items like what happened to me.

If they wanted to make VoG slightly more relevant, they would offer a pre-level 20 mode to give those players a taste for raiding. Basically an equivalent of WoW's Scarlet Monastery.

Week before last I got The Last Word and upgraded it with Xur. Last week got Red Death. VoG is still relevant and still a ton of fun. The grind for radiant mats isn't that big of a thing. Especially if you have an alt or two.

I think that VoG is still relevant but lowering the difficulty from 26 / 30 to maybe 24 / 29 and making it the "training raid" does not sound like a bad idea.

Almost forgot to mention this.  My team won a squash match in Control on the Shores of Tme before the patch dropped against the worst opponents in recent memory.

The score was 20K to 2K.

No, that is not a typo.

For once I wasn't on the crappy team.  The funny thing is that I only got nine kills.   I did not realize how shitty the other team was until we were five minutes in the match and we got a Strength of the Wolf and a Lockdown medal. 

By the time I started to get my murder on, members of the other team were baling out and it was hard to find targets to kill.

• Like 1

We had BRUTAL lag tonight on PS4. My usual partner was having some rubberbanding issues, mine were so bad that I couldn't target Wizards and bosses for shit because they'd move by the time I got my fusion shot lined up. We were trying to gt alts thru the Moon, gave up after Sword of Crota. I really need to start running strikes on my 'lock (I did the first 3 at-level on my way up but haven't done any Heroics) so I can get him some better gear.

I am doing Invective again (which will be the 3rd time) so I can get a better version without having to re-roll it.

Pocket Infinity was "easier" this time because I had the Blue Fusion Rifles stored. The Nightfall kills is a son of a bitch now that the Nightfall is 30.

I have only gotten Super Good Advice once. I would love to get it again because doing that and breaking down SGA is an easy exotic shard.

The thing I hate about Bad Juju is that you have to spend some much time doing strikes... which really isn't high on my priority list.