DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Yeah my chat party was all over the place.  Two guys were doing a nightfall, me and a buddy were doing a couple of strikes with my hunter alt, and then another guy was just in there chatting. 

The nightfall is very tough this week for sure.  No elemental burn to help out and those psion assholes have void shields as well.  We did the rooftop cheese on the boss fight  but it's not super easy to get up there and when you get up there you still have to be careful because you can still get hit and it's hard to find spots to see the boss.  But it did work.  Two of us got up there and the third guy didn't make it and fell back down and quickly died before he could get back.  It's hard to get down too so we couldn't revive him so he left and went to orbit and came back.  Died trying to get up there.  Left to orbit and came back.  You see where this is going.  Finally we just said, just stay there dead and we got this lol. 

Ah, thanks.

Judging by the fact that I have no idea what anybody in this thread is talking about, I will definitely be that newb dragging everybody down for a while...

What system did you get it for?

PS4, obviously. What I look like to you, Big Fresh?

• Like 1

Rooftop cheese on this nightfall?  I am aware of the hiding under stairs bit..not sure I'm following you though.

Someone told me the under the stairs cheese is done for.  I didn't bother checking and just took their word for it.  When you enter the room and go up the first ramp on the right, right above there's a little ledge you can jump to.  Looks like one of those black spawn screens right behind it so you can't go any further.  But if you turn around there's some duct work above and you can jump to this one elbow that has a 45 degree angle to it and when you hit it you just take a hard right turn with your controller and you will ricochet to the right a bit and will be on top of these thick black conduits up there.  They run the length of the room so you can go back and forth.  But it gets tight in spots and you have to crouch down.  But you're pretty protected up there for the most part but will die if you aren't careful. Helps to have two people up there for revives.  Also have to maneuver to be able to see the bastard.  It's certainly easier than running around on the ground with those assholes. 

The under the ramp stuff is still good. You'll get adds blocking your view sometimes, but we never got hit with any rockets and machine gun fire won't hit you if you don't stand still in front of a gap in the boxes.

Yeah. Next time you run Valus, just head to the under the ramp area on the left. And while I would love to have the Ice Breaker to make that easier, the adds drop tons of ammo when you kill them.

So is Husk of the Pit even worth killing the 500 hive plus getting rank 3 with Eris for?  And after that, you need to beat the still non-existent hard mode for Crota's End to get the Crux of Crota.

The Necrochasm' is supposed to be a beast, so I would say "yeah" but only if you have the patience.

• Like 1

Well, I don't have it but the stats are pretty underwhelming. Regardless, you don't have to try to complete it, you just will anyway by playing the game normally.

Yeah Craig I usually icebreaker in the ramp spot, but if you don't have one yet keep your eyes open for a green gun with the shoot and loot perk. It's a random roll and can come up on any green gun. Mine is a scout rifle and the gunsmith was selling a sniper today with the perk on it. Just look at your green weapons before you dismantle them to see if they say the perk is the ability to shoot ammo to pick it up. It's proven really useful for me so far. If I'm in a tight spot and shoot someone far away and they drop heavy ammo,I just switch to the gun and shoot the purple ammo box and it gives me the ammo. Would work good in that ramp spot.

• Like 1

Played a Control match on Caludron for the first time (I had only done Clash there previously)

That might have been the most enjoyable Crucible match I ever played.

The way the map is designed for Control just leads to utter non-stop carnage.

Don't play it if you care about your K/D ratio

Point taken. 

I don't mind dying.  I just hate it when I die because my team does stupid things.   I lost two Control matches straight today on Blind Watch because stupid members of my team insisted on trying to recapture Flag A instead of holding position at B and C.

And then no one helps me try to recapture the flags we're losing.

Well, I don't have it but the stats are pretty underwhelming. Regardless, you don't have to try to complete it, you just will anyway by playing the game normally.

The stats are underwhelming if you are facing enemies other than Hive.  That's the problem I have with most of the DLC and Raid weapons; they are pretty much designed to be super effective during a Raid but they don't have too many applications in other areas of PvP or PvE..

The only upside is having a primary weapon with a damage type other than kinetic during the Weekly / Nightfall when one of the other damage types is amplified.  I remember one Nightfall when The Nexus had Solar Burn turned on and I was doing almost 8K damage per rocket with G-Horn.

I got so many invites from randoms for Nightfalls that week because players would inspect my gear and see that I had a fully ascended G-Horn.

I feel better now that I have saved my Titan from being rendered obsolete.  Got post DLC boots for him, so now I just have to suffer a re-roll of his helmet to get him up to 31 Light.

Rippa got a free Legendary Pulse Rifle today in from the Postmaster and I got free Legendary Auto Rifle right before I logged off.  This may be the thank you for not dropping us present from Bungie that we were rumored to get because of the Lizard Squad DDOS outages.

I got the EWB for Super Good Advice again for my Hunter.  As per the norm, I will complete it and shred the HMG for the Exotic Shard. 

Pocket Infinity EWB is going to sit in my queue for another week, but if anyone from the 360 Crew is on during the day tomorrow, I'd love some help with the Weekly (Yes, I know it is Cerberus Vae III.  Yes, I know you hate that strike) so that I can finish Invective, that would be awesome.

I am now officially Rank 3 with Dead Orbit.  Joined the masses and got my Omen of the Exodus emblem with the skull and crossed axes.  I was pissed because fucking Arach Jalaal stiffed me on my rank reward package.  All I got was a Crucible Commendation, a Strange Coin, and a Mote of Light.  I would've loved getting the shotgun for free with decent RNG perks.

So is Husk of the Pit even worth killing the 500 hive plus getting rank 3 with Eris for?  And after that, you need to beat the still non-existent hard mode for Crota's End to get the Crux of Crota.

I upgraded my Husk of the Pit to the Eidolon Ally a few weeks ago. The stats are still kinda underwhelming. But the fire rate is a beast. I hope the Exotic upgrade will have better impact. It's not a priority for me though.

Getting to level 3 with Eris is worth it though. Especially if you like fusion rifles, maxing out the Murmur is a good idea. But I wouldn't try to rush/focus solely on this for the sake of Husk.

And the 500 hive kills is pretty easy if you just spam the thrall section of the Dark Beyond mission, or the bunker entrance of the 2nd DLC mission with all of the thralls.

• Like 1

I upgraded my Husk of the Pit to the Eidolon Ally a few weeks ago. The stats are still kinda underwhelming. But the fire rate is a beast. I hope the Exotic upgrade will have better impact. It's not a priority for me though.

Getting to level 3 with Eris is worth it though. Especially if you like fusion rifles, maxing out the Murmur is a good idea. But I wouldn't try to rush/focus solely on this for the sake of Husk.

And the 500 hive kills is pretty easy if you just spam the thrall section of the Dark Beyond mission, or the bunker entrance of the 2nd DLC mission with all of the thralls.

Or you could do what I do and just clear out the Hellmouth or the Temple of Crota on the Moon or haunt the Rocketyard or the Blast on Earth while you are on patrol. 

Murder at your leisure without too much fear of getting killed and hit up a beacon to nab the occasional patrol mission to whittle away at your next Vanguard or faction level.

If you are in a hurry, then just do some of the Hive-centric story missions like Chamber of Night over again but on Easy difficulty.  You will average about 100 kills per replay.  Do them in conjunction with Eris's bounties or Vanguard bounties so you can double dip.

Speaking of double dipping, my Unsporting rank is up to 50% and my Avoid% is at 57%.  Apparently Germans and Italians do not like it when you work the Kill 3 Blades of Crota and Kill 4 Hive Rapidly With a HW Five Times bounty simultaneously by firing Gjallarhorn directly an area just as the minions finish their ritual to summon the Blade, use a HW Synthesis, and nuke the follow up Acolytes as they spawn...

• Like 1

I wouldn't care a bit to help you out tomorrow JT, I think I still need the weekly on my warlock as a matter of fact.  However, if you are on tonight, you may want to reach out to Damien Death.  Last night we did the Crota raid and I'm pretty sure him and inlinestang both need the nightfall multiple times.

I wouldn't care a bit to help you out tomorrow JT, I think I still need the weekly on my warlock as a matter of fact.  However, if you are on tonight, you may want to reach out to Damien Death.  Last night we did the Crota raid and I'm pretty sure him and inlinestang both need the nightfall multiple times.

I am on night shift from 6PM to 3AM for the next couple of days and I pretty much pass out shortly after I get home.  If you guys are around during the morning or early afternoon, send me a party invite.

Got my Hunter to 25 and will be 27 once I max a couple pieces of armor.  Finished the weekly on my two Titans and did the Crota raid with my main.  We had one 32 and another guy left to go buy some relic iron after the first part when he got shards so he could upgrade his armor and hit level 32.  So we had two 32s in the group at that point.  Did the whole raid legit.  Had one wipe on Crota.  The main 32 was teaching the other dude who just hit 32 how to use the sword and we just took too long to kill Crota.  So we wiped and then the main dude took the sword and we killed Crota in two swords. Easiest raid I've done.  

Got gauntlets again for the fifth time but also got boots and snagged the helmet on the Crota fight.  So I have all the raid gear pieces now including the class item and ship.  Just need some more shards to hit 32.  I did equip all the raid stuff on one character just for the hell of it.  Raid armor, raid shader, emblem, class item, and ship.  The Titan helmet looks pretty sweet.  

• Like 1

Good to hear about the raid progress.  I would take part in more raids but I am not that hardcore into the endgame stuff quite yet.  I am afraid that if I get the Beat a Raid on Hard achievement, that may be one of the nails in the coffin for me until House of Wolves comes out.

For now, squaring away my gear and load-outs on my Hunter main and Titan alt messes with my OCD enough to keep me playing.  I still want a post DLC shotgun for my Hunter for PvP and have to finish leveling up my re-rolled P&T.  

My Titan alt finally has post DLC armor and once I get Invective 2.0 to him, all he will need is a new HW.  I thought I hit the jackpot when I got a Valedictorian from a Legendary Engram yesterday, but the RNG perks were garbage (Unflinching and Lessened Recoil.. Whoopee....  Not nearly as useful as good as the Clown Cartridge / Cluster Bomb combo on the version of Unfriendly Giant that I have) so I shredded it for the Ascendant Energies.

Rippa and I will probably start running our better equipped alts through the new storyline and side junk pretty soon if I can stop tinkering with my Hunter main and he can spare some time from the new Dragon Age joint.  I'll keep Murmur this time around instead of shredding it.  The Titan alt could use the alternate load-out.  I'll also do the dumb running around to find and kill Crota's flunkies again and collect those Legendary Gauntlets.

My poor Warlock alt remains unloved.  If I don't score free gear for him soon to get the ball rolling., I will end up cannibalizing his stuff for Ascendent Materials and Exotic Shards and then deleting him.

Good to hear about the raid progress.  I would take part in more raids but I am not that hardcore into the endgame stuff quite yet.  I am afraid that if I get the Beat a Raid on Hard achievement, that may be one of the nails in the coffin for me until House of Wolves comes out 

You're into gear though and one of the good things about Crota's End is that it seems to drop more gear and armor compared to the Vault of Glass.  Probably due to the fact that it takes radiant shards and energies to max them out which is a grind. 

You mentioned a shotgun and one of the best ones that I've seen is the Swordbreaker from Crota's End and it's a pretty frequent drop.  I've had it drop for me three times.  It worked really well for me in this current nightfall with the Psion's void shields.  It was one shot to take their shield down and a second shot to kill them. 

• Like 2

I failed to get up early enough to help out with the nightfall JT, I'm sorry.  I was up last night watching some of the TNA stuff on Destination or whatever (haven't watched TNA in nearly a year, they still suck in spite of some of the talent).  I barely made it to work on time today.  Maybe tomorrow?

We are all good, bro.  Rippa and I suffered through the comedy of errors of Cerberus Vae III while trying to get the Standing Tall bounty.  We finally said Fuck it after dying a million times and just slugged through to the end.. 

Passed the new Invective on to my Titan alt today and got 2 Exotic Shards for breaking down the old one.

Finished a glimmer run before heading to work, so now I am all set for Xurday if the creepy bastard has the Helm of Saint-14 available for re-roll.  I don't have enough Strange Coins yet to get the Weapon of the Week, but I have over 50 Motes of Light so I may get an Exotic Engram.

I still need to complete the DLC missions with my alt, so if you have time to babysit my Titan alt one morning that would be awesome.  I am off duty for the weekend but I go back on shift from 6PM - 3AM from this Sunday - Monday to Thursday - Friday.