DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Also - make sure to get the postmaster as they give you a package for downloading the expansion

Got to 2 energies, 2 shards, some blue shit and a gob of black wax idols

Sadly - I might be most excited about all the grimoire cards I just got

Yup.  My stuff was pre-loaded.  I just logged in and there was Eris.

I had enough Crucible marks to get the new +33 Light leg armor (Bonus Auto-Rifle Ammo) and I am almost up to my next Vanguard level which should come with one of those dumb commendations and hopefully free gear.  I am going to keep The Spine as my gauntlets and will just wait for Xur to let me upgrade it. 

Gravebreaker chest armor with the Hunter Vanguard has the same weapon specs as my Dustwalker armor (Bonus Hand Cannon / Sniper Rifle ammo) so that is the new Legendary breastplace I am going to invest in.

I never checked the faction vendors.  Were their items upgraded to have the same specs as the new Legendaries?  It would be kinda dumb if they weren't.

I hate the perks on most the Vanguard weapons.  If the Attack stats for the faction weapons have been beefed up, I will have to hook up with New Monarchy and get me a Vanquisher auto-rifle.

Yeah - that came in its own separate package which was weird

Lots of special bounties for killing dudes with the sword

There were a shit ton of 30's running around in the Cosmodrome competing for the Blade of Crota and looking for a free bounty.. 

I got my hands on the sword once, killed an acolyte, no bounty credit.  I am assuming that Eris's bounties are either locked until you do the first story mission for her or can only be completed when working on one of her missions.

Yeah - I didn't even look at what the vendors had yet. Of course - just when I get everything fully upgraded, it is time to buy all new shit.

JT was pissed at me last night since I got 3 different legendaries from engrams - including Lord High Fixer via a blue engram.

There were a shit ton of 30's running around in the Cosmodrome competing for the Blade of Crota and looking for a free bounty.. 

I got my hands on the sword once, killed an acolyte, no bounty credit.  I am assuming that Eris's bounties are either locked until you do the first story mission for her or can only be completed when working on one of her missions.

Yeah - since the bounty specifies you have to do it on the Cosmodrome, I can see a lot folks camping like two different spots.

I have no idea how I am going to get that kill 7 dudes at once bounty

Yeah - I didn't even look at what the vendors had yet. Of course - just when I get everything fully upgraded, it is time to buy all new shit.

JT was pissed at me last night since I got 3 different legendaries from engrams - including Lord High Fixer via a blue engram.

Clearly you are a hacker of some sort.

And yeah, not thrilled about having to invest in new Legendaries.  Took a look at the new vendor items at the Vanguard quartermaster and hated the perks.

Yeah - since the bounty specifies you have to do it on the Cosmodrome, I can see a lot folks camping like two different spots.

The part of the normal Sword of Crota story mission where you first take the sword and all of the thralls run at you should scratch that itch, unless you have to do Eris's bounties during Eris's story missions.

I picked up the Walking Tall bounty before logging off.  Gonna do Devil's Lair again when I get home to get another strike under my belt and get Vanguard credit for it.  Then I will knock out Eris's first story mission and get this Dark Within ball rolling.

There's a spot on the 2nd Dark Below mission where at least a dozen thrall come running at you at once, so with a super all loaded up that 7 guys at once bounty should be easy to knock off.  

Aw, Chris.  You are getting some time on the game.  Damn. 

Only six and a half more hours to go on this shift, but training is going smoothly.  Your American tax dollars are being spent well.

I've downed about a pot of coffee at this point and don't have to be at work for another 9 hours (God knows why I woke up at 5am and I'm sure I'll regret it tonight when I'm dragging but whatever), so lots of Destiny play-time today for me,  

I went ahead and splurged for the DLC Season-Pass since I figure I'm gonna end up buying it all anyway and I had the extra cash to blow.  

Yeah, the melee 7 bounty from Eris was pretty easy. I knocked it out on Eris' 3rd mission.

I'm not sure how to unlock the weekly/nightfall. Says you have to complete Eris' quest but I thought I did after finishing the 3rd mission. EDIT: Nvm, this explains it. Beat the 3 story missions, the "kill 25 knights/wizards" Eris bounty, and complete 3 more Patrol bounties from Eris. 

So far, I got a brand new Machine gun called Against All Odds, and a fusion rifle Murmur that can switch between solar and arc damage. Not sure if the Murmur is the automatic prize from Eris after finishing her main missions though.

Yeah, the melee 7 bounty from Eris was pretty easy. I knocked it out on Eris' 3rd mission.

I'm not sure how to unlock the weekly/nightfall. Says you have to complete Eris' quest but I thought I did after finishing the 3rd mission. EDIT: Nvm, this explains it. Beat the 3 story missions, the "kill 25 knights/wizards" Eris bounty, and complete 3 more Patrol bounties from Eris. 

So far, I got a brand new Machine gun called Against All Odds, and a fusion rifle Murmur that can switch between solar and arc damage. Not sure if the Murmur is the automatic prize from Eris after finishing her main missions though.

Yep, you get Murmur for completing the three story missions, I just got it too.

• Like 1

The same team that were the first ones to beat The Vault of Glass where the first ones to beat the new raid Crota's End

This time is only took them 6 hours (Their VOG first run took 10 hours)

The same team that were the first ones to beat The Vault of Glass where the first ones to beat the new raid Crota's End

This time is only took them 6 hours (Their VOG first run took 10 hours)

I wish I had that kind of time for gameplay, but am sorta glad that I don't.

Just beat the Will of Crota and holy shit is that thing a beast.  

I can't even imagine trying to it as the weekly much less the nightfall with the modifiers.

Rippa and I may have to tackle this as a fireteam. 

Too bad you've got work later, C.  The extra gun always helps.

Did the story missions and got Murmur. Other than being able to switch between solar and arc it's nothing special. Did the nightfall and the weekly on 30. They were not terribly easy. Glad I got the fatebringer last week.

For the nightfall I got a scout rifle. Seems pretty good. Also got a legendary leg armor engram. Ended up being shards. But I did have a blue weapon engram turn into a legendary pulse rifle.

The vendors this time are lacking in auto rifles. At least ones worth a damn. Just high rate of fire low impact ones. Guess I will eventually rebuy the vanquisher at some point. Once the kids go to bed gonna accumulate some marks and buy boots and gauntlets. Gonna jump into the raid later when some friends get on. Heard it's pretty tough.

Edit: sucks for people who didn't buy the dlc this week. No nightfall or weekly heroic.

Yeah, I just did the nightfall. It was pretty tough but we managed on our first try. Thralls kill you with one hit. Got a legendary arc fusion rifle out of it, which is a bit pointless since I already have a Murmur. Also got a random legendary engram out of it but it turned out to be gauntlets for another class. Will hold on to it for whenever I decide to level up my hunter. I bought the new 33 light gauntlets and the new boots.

I haven't tried the Sony exclusive strike yet. But the Will of Crota strike is a good one for sure. Very challenging.

There is a ghost in the 3rd mission. It's somewhere in the hallway before the last room but I don't quite remember where.

I really liked it too. It's not a quick and easy one for sure. Gonna be jumping into Crota's End in a couple hours if you're interested.

Are you on a PS4? I think I was under the impression you were playing on PS3.

All of my armor is now potentially +33 Light except for my Exotic gauntlets.  I'll be chatting with Xur about that on Friday when I see him about this thingie that Eris wants me to buy from him.  Hopefully the Spine will be available for the upgrade.

Then I will get to work on my weapons.  I am repping New Monarchy so I can get my hands on a phat Vanquish.  Then I need to get my hands on a purple Sniper and a Machine Gun. I am not looking forward to re-grinding Thorn, Last Word, P&T, and Gjallarhorn.

Rippa and I had wonderful teammates that dragged us across the finish line in a Clash match on Pantheon.  Nice map!