DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

This it is what it is going to be like for me on ME3 and GTA V in two weeks

invasion_of_the_tumbleweed-o.gif

I won't start playing until sometime around Veteran's Day.  It is the day after my birthday and I will be taking a 3 day nerd vacation to play Destiny.

Until then, you will see me on GTA and ME3.

• Like 1

Alright, hold the front door...

(blatantly stolen from bungie.net forums, take it for what you will)

Newsweek released a special Destiny Collector's Edition with a built in 60 page strategy guide from the POV of the various creators of Destiny in Bungie. You get to see the layout of 15 different creator's guardians and why they liked various load-outs on armors, and such. The whole magazine was awesome, and definitely worth picking up. But the most interesting section was where David 'Deej' Dague said, and I quote:

"We'll have the most hard-core members of our community racing each other to complete this thing first. We will be watching and keeping score. And we'll erect monuments to the people who are able to complete this thing first. We will observe them, and we will make sure they inherit the legend that they so richly deserve." --excerpt from the bottom of page 115 of the Newsweek special.

Edit: A few showed interest in getting the magazine and was wondering where you could get it. It should be at any major book store outlet, and can be purchased online from Amazon as well. Here is a link to it for anyone interested:

http://www.amazon.com/Newsweek-Special-Issue-Topix-Media/dp/B00MEUR3J0

Now I haven't seen this newseek magazine, and I do see that it is a real tangible thing.  I also did NOT see mountains of people calling bullshit on this....

So, Vault of Glass...I've heard whispers about this.  Its...not...easy.  Puzzle elements, team of six, I mean you have to work together cohesively, and if I understand correctly it's the once a week deal, however I'm not sure of this info.

It sounds like that episode in Sword Art Online where some insane monster appears once every Christmas day.  If you beat this nigh-unkillable monster, he apparently gives up some super rare treasure that can bring a dead player back to life.  

You might find it silly, but I enjoy Sword Art Online a lot because its like a fun anime pastiche of MMOs.

To Deej, start erecting my monuments now bro.

The inscription should read, "Hey Darkness, on your left. - Vileone316"

September 8 Midnight Store Openings

Share the excitement with other fans at stores that will open at 12:01 a.m. to sell Destiny as soon as it's available. Plus, while supplies last, customers will receive a T-shirt with the game. Only valid 9/8/14 at midnight store opening.

Find out if there's a midnight opening at a store near you.

Store exclusions are subject to change without notice. Please check with your local store before attending.

• Like 1

September 8 Midnight Store Openings

Share the excitement with other fans at stores that will open at 12:01 a.m. to sell Destiny as soon as it's available. Plus, while supplies last, customers will receive a T-shirt with the game. Only valid 9/8/14 at midnight store opening.

Find out if there's a midnight opening at a store near you.

Store exclusions are subject to change without notice. Please check with your local store before attending.

I wish I could give you another like for this post, however this is the field where my likes grow:

plowed-field-11630993.jpg

as you can see, it is barren.*

I will attempt to grow new likes in a new field tomorrow.  Then I will give you one.

*This is also the field where I grow all the fucks I give.

You get more stuff (for a while) on the playstation side of things Robert...Plus, in all honesty, it looks like I'll be playing Destiny solo (as far as the DVDR goes) for at least a few months, whereas there are a few guys already set up with PS4's around here.

What system are you on? If you're on PS3, I'll definitely be down to battle alongside you!

I'm so looking forward to this. I'm a little disappointed because finances mean I couldn't get a PS4, but I've been waiting for this game for, like a year now, ever since I saw it in GameInformer. I can't fucking wait until next Tuesday.

I'll definitely be joining the DVDVR clan if my meager amount of posts is allowed >_>, and if it's cross-platform.

I will most likely be on the 360 for now. I don't care about post count. I've lurked this (dvdvr and their respective forums) place since it was on...I'm wanting to say geocities, and never posted more than a few times until that damn gta5 thread came around here.

Anyway, look up the group/clan (DVDR) on bungee.net and join

I know there are a few people on the ps side of things, just not sure if it's the 3 or 4

• Like 1

I will most likely be on the 360 for now. I don't care about post count. I've lurked this (dvdvr and their respective forums) place since it was on...I'm wanting to say geocities, and never posted more than a few times until that damn gta5 thread came around here.

I know there are a few people on the ps side of things, just not sure if it's the 3 or 4

I can't speak for everyone on the PS side, but I'll be on the 4. That's why I won't be on Day 1. . .have to wait for it to get shipped from the States.

Done and done.