DVDVR Message Board

2014 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/TERRIBLE PROJECTS...

RIPPA

Especially when your dump the wife for the nurse...

And when your nurses helped you get to the strip club.  I imagine they'll leave all of that shit out of this fairy tale.

The worst thing about movies like this is it seems to make everyone an expert on the person and it's like, "No! He wasn't like that!" Then people look at you like a quizzical dog because they saw it in a movie and that's apparently gospel.

There were at least allegations that Hawking's wife physically abused him, right?

I remember reading that somewhere, but I think it might have been an article from some UK tabloid so the source was a bit suspect.

There were at least allegations that Hawking's wife physically abused him, right?

I remember reading that somewhere, but I think it might have been an article from some UK tabloid so the source was a bit suspect.

From what I recall, it was the other way around.

Dr. Hawking is not a great person.  A brilliant mind that has changed the way we see the world forever... but hoo boy, did you not want to be on his bad side. 

IIRC, Hawking's nurse claimed his wife abused him.  I think it was a Daily Mail article though, so...  grains of salt and all that.

I think that was his second wife, anyway, and not his first wife, which is who this fairy tale love story is with.

IIRC, Hawking's nurse claimed his wife abused him.  I think it was a Daily Mail article though, so...  grains of salt and all that.

I think that was his second wife, anyway, and not his first wife, which is who this fairy tale love story is with.

And considering the nurse is the 2nd wife - you could see why she could easily make claims that would make it look more "understandable" that he made the switch

Of course - Hawking is now back with the original wife (though I don't believe they are re-married) so maybe Hollywood is just going to ignore like 10 years

If you want the real story, there's only one place to get it:

101239.jpg

The LAW & ORDER: CRIMINAL INTENT episode with AUSTEN MOTHERFUCKINGPENDLETON as Hawking.

It turns out he was framing the nurse and

HE COULD WALK ALL ALONG, YOU DUMB FUCKING HILLBILLIES, HE COULD WALK ALL ALONG!!!!

also he radiation-poisined his TA.

• Like 1

You ran with the Jets, I take it?

True story:

Me and a friend are walking with our dates through their neighborhood (a plush neighborhood in Bloomfield Hills, MI).  We're just walking when a group of like 7 guys appear out of nowhere.  They start talking trash to our dates and our girls are all "no, don't do it, don't fight them".  The guys keep going and eventually the girls are like "alright, go take 'em out" and we start moving toward the group.  One of them yells "They're from Pontiac,  RUN!" and they bolted.

100% true story.

• Like 1

You ran with the Jets, I take it?

True story:

Me and a friend are walking with our dates through their neighborhood (a plush neighborhood in Bloomfield Hills, MI).  We're just walking when a group of like 7 guys appear out of nowhere.  They start talking trash to our dates and our girls are all "no, don't do it, don't fight them".  The guys keep going and eventually the girls are like "alright, go take 'em out" and we start moving toward the group.  One of them yells "They're from Pontiac,  RUN!" and they bolted.

100% true story.

So Bloomfield Hills is where the Orphans relocated to...

They announced a bunch more movies for the Toronto Film Festival.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/tiff-2014-adds-the-cobbler-madame-bovary-sils-maria-the-forger-and-many-more-20140812?page=1#blogPostHeaderPanel

A couple that caught my eye:

Maggie

Henry Hobson, USA World Premiere 

A Midwestern farmer stays by the side of his beloved teenage daughter even as she slowly turns into a cannibalistic zombie, in this daring, genre-bending debut feature from director Henry Hobson. Starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, Abigail Breslin and Joely Richardson.

Welcome to Me

Shira Piven, USA World Premiere 

A woman with Borderline Personality Disorder wins the Megamillions lottery, quits her meds and buys herself a talk show on an infomercial channel where she talks and creates segments exclusively about herself. This movie is a dark comedic look at our obsession with celebrity and narcissism. Starring Kristen Wiig, James Marsden, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Wes Bentley, Tim Robbins, Joan Cusack and Linda Cardellini.

Not sure if I'd actually want to sit through that second one but I love the concept.

They announced a bunch more movies for the Toronto Film Festival.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/tiff-2014-adds-the-cobbler-madame-bovary-sils-maria-the-forger-and-many-more-20140812?page=1#blogPostHeaderPanel

A couple that caught my eye:

Maggie

Henry Hobson, USA World Premiere

A Midwestern farmer stays by the side of his beloved teenage daughter even as she slowly turns into a cannibalistic zombie, in this daring, genre-bending debut feature from director Henry Hobson. Starring Arnold Schwarzenegger, Abigail Breslin and Joely Richardson.

Welcome to Me

Shira Piven, USA World Premiere

A woman with Borderline Personality Disorder wins the Megamillions lottery, quits her meds and buys herself a talk show on an infomercial channel where she talks and creates segments exclusively about herself. This movie is a dark comedic look at our obsession with celebrity and narcissism. Starring Kristen Wiig, James Marsden, Jennifer Jason Leigh, Wes Bentley, Tim Robbins, Joan Cusack and Linda Cardellini.

Not sure if I'd actually want to sit through that second one but I love the concept.

That second one, no thanks; I see that "movie" 8:30-5 everyday.