DVDVR Message Board

2014 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING/TERRIBLE PROJECTS...

RIPPA

I thought I had posted the full trailer but I can't find it anywhere in the thread so yeah...

This movie is going to be fucking awesome.

If the end credits roll and Are You Experienced or Hey, Joe is playing, I will probably weep like a child.

My understanding is they couldn't get the rights to any of Hendrix's music, so it's all generic Hedrixy-sounding music throughout the movie.

This is bullshit.

Hrmm...Someone finally figured out that the book of revelation would make for a good horror movie, due in part because the main characters are plain fucked. I think this actually looks pretty decent.

Hrmm...Someone finally figured out that the book of revelation would make for a good horror movie, due in part because the main characters are plain fucked. I think this actually looks pretty decent.

The Book of Revelation would've made a great expressionist film, as they'd have been satisfied with creepy-ass Haxan-esque devils and a badass looking Four Horsemen.This shit, on the other hand, looks like Left Behind meets Pitch Black.

Son of a bitch. I love "Letters from the Sky", and whoever made that trailer deserves a fucking award, because he or she just sold a bunch of tickets to what will be an awful, awful movie. 

I somehow missed hearing about this one before but this movie was filmed on the street I grew up on in Pontiac, MI:

That marks the second movie filmed on my street.  First one was Word of Honor, starring Karl Malden and Rue McClanahan.  Was available on Netflix for awhile and I got to at least see some of my street in there, so that was cool.

It is probably for the best if you don't know what happened in real life

I was going to make a joke about Stephen Hawking, Romantic Lothario, but I am probably going to weep buckets when his ALS kicks in, aren't I?

Well more that the movie is playing up THE WORLD'S GREATEST LOVE STORY!!!

Which... well... let's just say it isn't the way it went down

Hawking's personal story is very inspiring, but greatest love story EVAR~?  I have a hard time with that.