DVDVR Message Board

2024 NBA OFFSEASON

RIPPA

I really don't see how that's going to be a better move than having Ham there, unless LeBron wanted him gone.  And if that's the case...then coach the fucking team yourself, buddy.  You wouldn't be the first.

• Like 1

Charles Lee - Boston's top assistant - will be Charlotte's next HC

Lee will stay with Boston until their season ends

The Suns look like a terrible place at this point. Impatient, meddling owner, no real picks to work with, Beal's contract is a mess that they're not going to get out from unless they're very lucky. I don't know why anyone would want to go there unless it's a prove it sort of job.

It's really going to be interesting who the Lakers actually pick up (since we jumped the gun a few days ago, Redick hasn't been hired... yet anyway). Pretty much every team with an opening seems to get rumored around Mike Budenholzer as well.

1 hour ago, Stefanie Sparkleface said:

The Suns look like a terrible place at this point. Impatient, meddling owner, no real picks to work with, Beal's contract is a mess that they're not going to get out from unless they're very lucky. I don't know why anyone would want to go there unless it's a prove it sort of job.

It's really going to be interesting who the Lakers actually pick up (since we jumped the gun a few days ago, Redick hasn't been hired... yet anyway). Pretty much every team with an opening seems to get rumored around Mike Budenholzer as well.

And reportedly Bud is indeed the "front-runner" for the job.

It always tickles me how the NBA and NHL always compete for the “who can fire the most coaches” crown

Fifth again. Lowest possible pick they could get. Detroit continues to almost always have terrible lottery luck. Only once in the forty year history of the lottery have they moved up, and that was one spot when they got Cunningham.

Posted (edited)

Atlanta with a 3% chance of winning really doesn't help debunking the "NBA is rigged" theories.  Although just their luck that it doesn't seem to be a strong draft

Edited by hammerva

22 hours ago, hammerva said:

Atlanta with a 3% chance of winning really doesn't help debunking the "NBA is rigged" theories.  Although just their luck that it doesn't seem to be a strong draft

Yeah this one is obviously less heart breaking than last year (which only got worse as Wemby kept dominating even on a terrible team all season) but it's just kind of numbing that Detroit has gone 31-133 the last two years and gotten a pair of #5 overall picks. Hell, they are 54-192 the last three years and are picking fifth for third straight season.

They were #1 in 2021. So in four years they will have picked 1, 5, 5, 5. And a 7 before that. If you're picking that high over 5 years, and are still bad, getting another #1 ain't gonna save you.

Reportedly - for the 2nd straight year, the Wizards were one number off getting the #1 pick

Over the weekend I googled NBA Draft, and clicked on the News tab, there were a ton of articles about how Bronny doesn't look like an NBA prospect, and how scouts aren't really feeling him. ... and then one ESPN article that says "How Bronny James Improved his Draft Stock at the Combine."

• Haha 1

It seems like ironically sad that Bill Walton passed away the day after the PAC-12 was pretty much clinically dead

LeBatard show made a great point that Bill Walton never showed the amount of pain that he had to obviously feel given that he had over 30 surgeries in his life.   I know when I watched the 30 for 30 on him I was kind of shocked that Bill was thinking of committing suicide at one point in his life.  Bill never looked like a guy who would be at that point.