DVDVR Message Board

WWE Hall of Fame, 5th April 2024

Now that Rotundo and Ali are getting in, the only people left from Wrestlemania I not already in the HoF are:

• King Kong Bundy
  • David Sammartino
  • Cyndi Lauper
  • Leilani Kai
  • Billy Martin
  • Matt Borne
Edited by Hamhock

1 hour ago, Hamhock said:

Now that Rotundo and Ali are getting in, the only people left from Wrestlemania I not already in the HoF are:

• King Kong Bundy
  • David Sammartino
  • Cyndi Lauper
  • Leilani Kai
  • Billy Martin

Bundy isn't in? That's crazy. He seems like a no-brainer for a WWE Hall of Fame. Is there something bad between him and the company?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RazorbladeKiss87 said:

Bundy isn't in? That's crazy. He seems like a no-brainer for a WWE Hall of Fame. Is there something bad between him and the company?

It is weird. It's not like he didn't have an impactful career, and he main-evented the very next year!

I also forgot to include Matt Borne in the list of participants not inducted.

Edited by Hamhock

2 minutes ago, Brandon-E said:

Think we'll ever see Misawa and Kobashi in the WWE HOF?

No one who died due something that happened in a non-WWE ring would get in. They don’t want people associating that with them.

6 minutes ago, Matt D said:

No one who died due something that happened in a non-WWE ring would get in. They don’t want people associating that with them.

I could have seen them put in Iron Mike DiBiase in the mass induction category, before the DiBiase Family Mississippi Scandal. 

4 hours ago, Hamhock said:

It is weird. It's not like he didn't have an impactful career, and he main-evented the very next year!

I heard a story once that Bundy was (1985 adjusted term) a last minute switch for the Mania 2 main event and it was originally supposed to be Hogan vs. Bruiser Brody.  

Any truth to that? 

36 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I heard a story once that Bundy was (1985 adjusted term) a last minute switch for the Mania 2 main event and it was originally supposed to be Hogan vs. Bruiser Brody.  

Any truth to that? 

No that’s internet urban legend. Brody wasn’t ever close to coming in during that time period. The WM2 main event would have been either Bundy or Savage against Hogan. Thankfully they held off on Macho Man as it gave us the much better MegaPowers Explode!

Edited by The Great ML
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Brandon-E said:

Think we'll ever see Sabu in the WWE HOF?

The guy who ripped up and threw on the ground a script handed to him by Stephanie McMahon, and was physically removed from the venue he was booked to perform at as a result?

On the other hand, they [VKM] did eventually induct Bruno and Billy Graham, so anyone is possible.

and they had Sabu and RVD induct Ed Farhat..

Edited by odessasteps

7 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Any truth to that? 

I've seen that resurface, recently. Now Brody seemed to want the big payday with Hogan and would have been prevented from doing a job.

I also wonder if it was ever considered to do the final blow off of Piper v Hogan in the cage at WM2

3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Who predicted this one? 

Insert joke about Ole not being able to do the induction.

Perfect reason to share this classic!

IF YOU MOVE

• Like 3
  • Haha 1