DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WILD CARD ROUND

RIPPA

Say what you will about Ric Flair but a whole crapload of his negative critics are only negative because they wish they could leave their house and be in danger of being ran up to for a quick cameo of any kind, let alone one in the NFL playoffs.

• Like 1

The Bills messed up just before halftime but besides that they were never in danger in spite of a few nerves there as it went on. They did it without running their 2 runners into the ground while Allen didn’t go all bad Favre throwing it. 

2 minutes ago, Cobra Commander said:

imagine a scenario where the 2024 NFC East head coaches are Bill Belichick, Jim Harbaugh, Pete Carroll, and Brian Daboll

At this point, I don't see the Commanders being interested in Belichick or Carroll, and I sort of doubt Harbaugh comes to DC because of his brother being just an hour away up I95.

1 minute ago, Cobra Commander said:

what if that security guy was the mastermind of a cheating scheme and not having him around broke their confidence

Wasn't he supposed to be back on the sideline for tonight's game?

Well, one good game the entire round and 5 teams that had no business making the playoffs, evidently.  Unless GB does something bonkers, SF/DET in the NFC Championship looks pretty likely.  I don't think TB can boatrace them.

8 minutes ago, Mike Campbell said:

Given the stellar job he did in Detroit and then in New England, I'm shocked that Matt Patricia hasn't been able to unlock Philly's defense.

As much as I feel Patricia is a POS, the Eagles problems are on both sides of the ball.

• Like 1

I mean, if you've already decided you can afford to settle for the Field Goal in that situation, you might as well leave it on the board.

10 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I just don't understand how a team starts 10-1, has probably a normal amount of injuries, but turns into.... this.

Deebo took their souls along with their bikes

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I just don't understand how a team starts 10-1, has probably a normal amount of injuries, but turns into.... this.

They looked awful in those first 11 games, they just had a lot of breaks go their way.  Luck ran out, and the League figured out Hurts can't read defenses and the Coordinators can't make adjustments mid-game.  Oh, and the Secondary can't tackle.

We’ve seen similar collapses. It just doesn’t seem like it in the middle of this shellshock, and this was still an alltime one. They just lost their fire. They did also get their breaks at first this season but all winning teams do so that’s hardly anything that counts in this. 

I didn’t see every Bucs game or anything but everything I seen was dink and dunk to what looked like a washed Evans and Godwin. They went deep tonight and looked scary. I wouldn’t give a rat’s ass about the drops since they were so wide open to start with. I know it was vs a dead team but it’s on now either way.

3 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Not sure if this Eagles team is worse than the 2020 Steelers in terms of collapses.  This Eagles was way more talented