DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WILD CARD ROUND

RIPPA

This is my favorite game in years. Jerry Jones is gonna fire McCarthy before the game even ends. If you want it done right gotta do it yourself. New Cowboys head coach Jerry Jones lol. Wonder if it violates the Rooney rule if an owner just appoints himself. I think we're gonna find out pretty soon.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Pete said:

Portnoy can EABOD... but not wrong.

Him being a Michigan fan has had me thinking that basic thing far too often lately.

2 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I can totally see Cowboys acting like this was a competitive game if they would have scored to make it a one score game

Oh for sure. At least the end was slightly more interesting that I expected when it was 27-0.

From the PFT article about the GB/Dallas game:

It leaves owner Jerry Jones with a ton of soul searching this offseason: Does he fire Mike McCarthy, who now is 1-3 the past three postseasons, including two losses at home? If he does, does he entrust the team to defensive coordinator Dan Quinn, whose unit gave up the most points in a playoff game in team history? Does he commit a massive amount of money and salary cap space to Dak Prescott, who has an almost $60 million cap hit next season, threw two picks Sunday and is 2-5 in the postseason in his career?

$60 million cap hit next season?!?!?

Maybe it's just all these NBC games in a row, since the other networks don't do it, but if it were possible to sneak it by, I'd love one of the player intros to say, "Joe Whoever, Middlesburg Clown College."

2 hours ago, dogwelder said:

Another question arising from this blowout: is this ruining Dan Quinn's chances of landing another HC gig?  We're already seeing what's happened to Jim Schwartz after Cleveland got decimated yesterday.

Terry Bradshaw said exactly that in the postgame.

Look I want to be, begrudgingly, happy for you Lions fans for having a fun season after all the misery you've endured. And I've got a soft spot for David Montgomery.

But I can't take the Lions AND Packers winning playoff games in the same day. Sorry not sorry. Go Rams.

• Haha 2