DVDVR Message Board

2024 NFL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

I feel like I ask this every year but how is Julius Peppers a HOF.  He is definitely in the Hall of very good I admit

4th all time in career sacks

9x Pro Bowl (meaningless to most people, but still  a measurable)

3x 1st Team All Pro

10x - 10 or more sacks in a season

And not that similar players is a definitive measurement on PFR, but for his career,  most of the people he matches up with are in the HOF.

He's more than a deserving choice.

Edited by paragon11
  • Like 2

So happy Andre Johnson is finally in the Hall of Fame.  What he did with just pure shit QB is fucking amazing, especially with Arian Foster vulturing so many touchdowns in the red zone.  We should talk about Arian Foster in that Terrell Davis archetype -- short career, total dominance. 

And how about YOUR Offensive and Defensive Rookie of the Year?!!!  Has that ever happened?  CJ was a lock to be sure, but WOW on Will Anderson Jr. getting the props. 

Only thing is somehow Demeco didn't get Coach of the Year for the huge cultural turnaround in Houston.  I get why Stefanski won but it's bullshit because a) Cleveland was supposed to be a good team anyway and b) Demeco outcoached the shit out of him in the playoffs. 

Well, Stefanski's stuck with Deshaun so maybe that's punishment enough

13 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

And how about YOUR Offensive and Defensive Rookie of the Year?!!!  Has that ever happened?  CJ was a lock to be sure, but WOW on Will Anderson Jr. getting the props. 

Yes - 3 other times, most recently the 2022 Jets

• Like 1

Jets owner Woody Johnson all but said that Robert Saleh and GM Joe Douglas will be fired if the Jets don't make the playoffs this season

He also shit on Zach Wilson but everyone does that so no news there

10 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

the entire HOF list is

Mongo, Hester, Peppers, Andre Johnson (listed above)

and... Dwight Freeney, Patrick Willis and Randy Gradishar

I have no issue with any of these players getting in,  but with Mongo getting in,  does Michael Dean Perry finally get some consideration? He's literally never been a finalist,  but he was one of the best players of the league for about 6-7 years straight. His brother got all of the press,  but he was a much better player. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kuetsar said:

Devin hester sticks out like a sore thumb in that group. Will they put Tasker in now that special teams in a position? 

I'd have to think that now opens the door for Tasker to finally get the call, as well as Matthew Slater when his clock starts.

Edited by paragon11
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Is there not an Executive of the Year award? You’d think Texans GM Nick Caserio would get it for drafting the two rookies of the year (including the risky WAJ trade)

There used to be a Jim Finks Award. 

3 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

Devin hester sticks out like a sore thumb in that group. Will they put Tasker in now that special teams in a position? 

Yeah but Devin Hester was awesome and incredible as a returner and I'm okay with it and now maybe Jacoby Jones has a shot since he was denied that Super Bowl MVP

6 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

I get why Stefanski won but it's bullshit because a) Cleveland was supposed to be a good team anyway

Losing Deshaun, Chubb, and a bunch of O-linemen would have relegated most Browns teams to a 6-11 season.

16 minutes ago, Gorman said:

Losing Deshaun, Chubb, and a bunch of O-linemen would have relegated most Browns teams to a 6-11 season.

Yeah but losing Deshaun was addition by subtraction since he was playing like ass anyway

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Is there not an Executive of the Year award? You’d think Texans GM Nick Caserio would get it for drafting the two rookies of the year (including the risky WAJ trade)

There is. Brad Holmes of Detroit (rightfully) won it. 

8 hours ago, hammerva said:

I feel like I ask this every year but how is Julius Peppers a HOF.  He is definitely in the Hall of very good I admit

He was on two different all-decade teams. He 100% belongs. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Tabe said:

There is. Brad Holmes of Detroit (rightfully) won it. 

Rightfully?  Adding CJ, Will Anderson, Tank Dell, two starting centers in Juice Scruggs and Jarrett Patterson, managing the revolving door of the O-Line and D-Line due to injuries, I think Caserio could rightfully make a claim. 

Especially since Demeco got snubbed. 

1 minute ago, Lawful Metal said:

Rightfully?  Adding CJ, Will Anderson, Tank Dell, two starting centers in Juice Scruggs and Jarrett Patterson, managing the revolving door of the O-Line and D-Line due to injuries, I think Caserio could rightfully make a claim. 

Especially since Demeco got snubbed. 

Holmes drafted Gibbs and LaPorta, the first rookie teammates to have 1000+ yards and 10 TDs. Added David Montgomery, another 1000yd 10 TD guy. 

And his team won 12 games and two playoff games.