DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 - WEEK THIRTEEN

RIPPA

Yup - I officially love the Panthers mess

After the Panthers fired head coach Frank Reich yesterday, they also fired quarterbacks coach Josh McCown and running backs coach Duce Staley. New Panthers interim head coach Chris Tabor said firing McCown and Staley was his call.

“I made those decisions,” Tabor said. “Coaching is about relationships and I respect both those coaches as people and as coaches. I’m going to keep our talks in house. Anything that we do, we’re always trying to continue to improve our team.”

Tabor says passing game coordinator Parks Frazier will handle the quarterback-coaching duties, and offensive coordinator Thomas Brown will serve as running backs coach.

Nothing says drunk with power like getting an interim title and immediately firing all your coworkers

• Like 2

• RIPPA pinned this topic
43 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Nothing says drunk with power like getting an interim title and immediately firing all your coworkers

TIL that Staley wasn't still coaching with the Lions. 

8 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Drunk with power, you say?

Stupid embedding is working as well as the Panthers offense for me right now.  

2 hours ago, CSC said:

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1729623066353754399

If they had just asked the real Chris Tabar - yours truly, with the name spelled correctly - instead of the special teams guy they just promoted, they would have drafted Stroud.

HIRE ME. I AM READY TO BE AN NFL GM OR COACH. I LED MOFFAT COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL FRESHMEN TO THREE WINS IN 1996. I AM QUALIFIED. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

15 hours ago, CSC said:

I remember the Panthers working out Stroud and then QB Coach Josh McCown said like “can’t wait to see you do this on Sundays for us” and I was so jealous but Panthers somehow have a bigger dumbass owner than Tommy Boy for the Texans

11 minutes ago, Log said:

Was it McCown that someone wanted to hire as a head coach, despite his lack of experience, because they prayed together or something?

Yup that would have been the Texans

I think the backlash when it leaked out was the only reason it didn't happen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Note -- Barring setbacks, he returns for the Commanders game on Christmas Eve.   

Then he gets to be murdered by a Browns team that will probably be hunting for a playoff spot.  

Then closes out vs the actively tanking Pats.  

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Note -- Barring setbacks, he returns for the Commanders game on Christmas Eve.   

Then he gets to be murdered by a Browns team that will probably be hunting for a playoff spot.  

Then closes out vs the actively tanking Pats.  

That's assuming he makes it more than a series this time. . . .

It really isn't that much of a story

The Jets kinda have to open the window now otherwise it really is pointless to bring him back (I mean it IS pointless but you know what I mean). They aren't waiting another two weeks, then open it and he basically returns for the meaningless Week 18 game against the Pats. He isn't a FA at season's end who needs to prove he is healthy.

Just because the window opens doesn't mean a) he will be ready and b) they will activate him

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

It really isn't that much of a story

The Jets kinda have to open the window now otherwise it really is pointless to bring him back (I mean it IS pointless but you know what I mean). They aren't waiting another two weeks, then open it and he basically returns for the meaningless Week 18 game against the Pats. He isn't a FA at season's end who needs to prove he is healthy.

Just because the window opens doesn't mean a) he will be ready and b) they will activate him

But that's not nearly as much fun to talk about. . .

Zach Ertz requested and was granted his release from the Cards

He is seeking to play for a contender

The news was broken by JJ Watt of all people

EDIT - Adam Schefter did confirm this