DVDVR Message Board

2013 NCAAF: CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS

Dolfan in NYC

Yeah, it's a glorified home game for Tulane (though they're supposed to get their own stadium in a few years) but the ULL fans brought the heat last time they were there. And it's not like this game was a draw before they went local for the schools...

Jameis Winston investigation is complete.  News conference set for 2pm tomorrow to announce the findings. 

Indictment/arrest for a felony will automatically disqualify Winston from playing the rest of the season.

Jameis Winston investigation is complete.  News conference set for 2pm tomorrow to announce the findings. 

Indictment/arrest for a felony will automatically disqualify Winston from playing the rest of the season.

Call me a cynic, but I have a really hard time believing that he will be charged, with a national championship on the line. I have no ideas about his guilt or innocence, but politics has a funny of twisting  criminal cases. . .

Yeah, I don't see charges being brought at this point, either.  Why have a press conference if you're going to charge the guy?  Just arrest him and go from there.

This could be worse for Winston, in a way.  With no charges, the case closes and can/will be unsealed for the public to review. Everyone will be going over it carefully and drawing conclusions. Winston will likely still suffer a massive blow to his personal integrity.

This could be worse for Winston, in a way.  With no charges, the case closes and can/will be unsealed for the public to review. Everyone will be going over it carefully and drawing conclusions. Winston will likely still suffer a massive blow to his draft stock.

FTFY

With Kobe, he already had the money to pay his accuser, and could take care of things quickly.  Winston doesn't have that luxury right now, and won't for at least another year.  Best believe Winston's accuser will be bring a civil lawsuit to everyone who was involved in this mess.  At the very least, she can make his life miserable for a while.

I found it odd how the announcers kept saying "this is going to hurt Lynch's Heisman hopes"

Every year these dark horse candidates from small schools are discussed but who is the last guy to make some real noise? Randy Moss?

If Winston had been charged, and if Lynch had then gone out and put on a fucking show, he might have had a chance.

Kinda conflicted on this Baylor/Texas game. On one hand, I want Baylor to win so that there is NO chance of Bama running into them in a BCS bowl. On the other, I'd love to see Texas win just to keep torturing Longhorn fans who want Mack gone.