DVDVR Message Board

2013 NCAAF: CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS

Dolfan in NYC

Easier than rooting for Ohio State?

Hell, I even managed to root for Notre Dame once in order to avoid that.

Not only can I not root for Ohio State, I can't even just be neutral.

And I have no desire to see undefeated and unrespected Ohio State vs. dominant heavy favorite from the state of Florida in a national title game again.  I didn't like that film the first time.

I'd only root for Ohio State if they were facing um...Michigan? :-D In reality, I don't actually care all that much, but if it was to help the Badgers win the conference I might.

The last two years the Big Ten has been a joke and next year it figures to grow worse with Maryland and Rutgers joining its ranks. I cannot see how anyone will care about Illinois-Rutgers or Maryland-Purdue match-ups, this expansion nonsense is a joke.

I expect winner of Missouri/Auburn-Florida State to be the BCS game unless both look horrible in the SEC championship and we get Alabama getting in again as a non-conference champion. I feel like any other school would be a lock to not make it in after not even playing in their conference championship game but with the BCS's convoluted voting system it wouldn't shock me. Ohio State will hopefully get exposed versus Michigan State and spare us from watching them in the BCS game or Rose Bowl.

I am probably asking for trouble for asking, but why do you all have such vile hatred towards OSU? I understand we all have teams we don't care for, but it seems the Buckeye hatred here is so lopsided that it almost comes across as the cool thing to do. To be fair to Brian and Tabe, I understand your reasons, lol. I guess being a Buckeye, this scenario seems to stick out more for me than to others.

I will also admit that the Big 10 is a weak conference especially with Maryland and Rutgers comeing in to make matters worse, but not much more than, say, the ACC. You have FSU and Clemson, then who else? Duke? They had a good season, but haven't exactly set the world on fire over the years.

Or more likely they'll win by 40 and then win over FSU by 50 and then in 5 years the title will be taken away because everyone on the team are secretly players from the Bengals using fake names.

I am probably asking for trouble for asking, but why do you all have such vile hatred towards OSU? I understand we all have teams we don't care for, but it seems the Buckeye hatred here is so lopsided that it almost comes across as the cool thing to do. To be fair to Brian and Tabe, I understand your reasons, lol. I guess being a Buckeye, this scenario seems to stick out more for me than to others.

I will also admit that the Big 10 is a weak conference especially with Maryland and Rutgers comeing in to make matters worse, but not much more than, say, the ACC. You have FSU and Clemson, then who else? Duke? They had a good season, but haven't exactly set the world on fire over the years.

I'm a Badgers fan, I'm supposed to hate the rest of the Big Ten by default.

Okay, Ryan too. hehe. In my view, we should support our respective conferences. If the other teams in the B1G do well, then that makes them a stronger conference. If they are facing our team, then all bets are off.

EDIT: By the way I hate "B1G" as an abbreviation for the Big 10. Just for the record.